PDA

View Full Version : Request re: our names in B*

Snakespeare
03-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Devs, can you implement some sort of means by which we can reserve our PL names in B* because it would really stink big time if someone grabbed my name before I could lay down the plat. I am hoping for a 24-hour grace period. Is that possible?

Physiologic
03-18-2011, 02:29 PM
I was thinking that our PL IGNs in each account that we own be transferred over automatically. That'll prevent a Snakespeare from being created in B* and being an impostor there :)

Echelong
03-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing Snake. I don't want my name on a beggars account. The first thing I will do in Blackstar is make 3 characters with the names I want.

I like Physiologic's idea, where you could transfer the names you want on your account. You would have to chose which ones you want added because a lot of people have to many characters made.

noneo
03-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I think it would be better if we could start to reserve names now. For example, send an email to support with the name you want and they can assign it to your account.

It would kind of stink if all of our characters names were automatically copied over. There are tons of names from people that have stopped playing PL that could never even be used in B* then. I really want Noneo but someone took it in PL so I can never get it in B* >.<

mugen
03-18-2011, 02:55 PM
i hope they take snakes suggestion. this would be great. Also transfer friends list would be awesome!

edit* i know this would be hard but what about a double duty portal app, one app for both games?

Echelong
03-18-2011, 03:13 PM
i hope they take snakes suggestion. this would be great. Also transfer friends list would be awesome!

edit* i know this would be hard but what about a double duty portal app, one app for both games?

The problem with 1 app for both would be the file size restriction on free apps. I think its 50 mb...but not sure because the redbull app is 70mb and is free but I hear a dev talking that they where reaching the limit once.

mugen
03-18-2011, 03:17 PM
The problem with 1 app for both would be the file size restriction on free apps. I think its 50 mb...but not sure because the redbull app is 70mb and is free but I hear a dev talking that they where reaching the limit once.
Oh ya i didnt know about all that stuff. Would be nice though :o

Echelong
03-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh ya i didnt know about all that stuff. Would be nice though :o

Totally agree with that. I just hope they let us save our names. Noneo's suggestion is really good too if they would allow us that.

asommers
03-18-2011, 03:57 PM
We're planning on doing this. You'll be able to reserve the name you already have for other realms and other games.

-ALS

Echelong
03-18-2011, 03:58 PM
We're planning on doing this. You'll be able to reserve the name you already have for other realms and other games.

-ALS

Woot thanks for the response ALS

Snakespeare
03-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Sweet! thx for the quick answer

Kingofhurtz
03-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I dont know about anyone else but if i can get leet, kingofhurtz is GONE!!!!

KaotiicxDream
03-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Devs answers quickly! STS ROCK!

noneo
03-18-2011, 04:31 PM

-ALS

Great news! Thanks for the response.

Pharcyde
03-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Woooo!!! I was really worried that there would be a REAL Pharcyde imposter on Blackstar.... ;)

Zeus
03-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Yes! Now I will always be the true rangepwnsmeel :D and apollo in game.

Kingofhurtz
03-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes! Now I will always be the true rangepwnsmeel :D and apollo in game.

Who has huhurdead? And how was your dateeeee? :o

Pharcyde
03-18-2011, 11:09 PM
That is A LOT of names they will have to reserve though. I wonder if they will have some system where you request your name to be reserved before the game comes out. They will be holding like 950,000 names if they hold them all.

Corpser
03-18-2011, 11:12 PM

-ALS

sweet im glad ill still be caled corpser

noobmigo
03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I just need FloatingPiss reserved (Can't believe that wasn't taken in the first place)
Also, Chummywarm
Also, Chumster
So I hope this happens soon
That is all ;)

Arterra
03-19-2011, 12:36 PM
awesome

problem: what if a name we want is not one we have used, and it just happens that somebody has that name already in PL? he might even be inactive.

icantgetkills
03-20-2011, 12:22 AM
i already had dibs on the names ninja and plasma take them and i will BECOME SUIDICAL!! :,(

Pharcyde
03-20-2011, 12:24 AM
awesome

problem: what if a name we want is not one we have used, and it just happens that somebody has that name already in PL? he might even be inactive.

Last time we got a official player count, there was 450,000. That was months ago. We can assume that they are at like 700,000 by now, and usually players have several alts. So lets say every player in the game has 3 alts, thats 2,100,000 reserved names in blackstar. They gotta make some simpler system were active users request their names to be reserved.

Fyrce
03-23-2011, 06:08 AM
They might be using a single DB of accounts + character names.
If not, maybe they could just port the accounts that have been active in the last 30-90 days... That ought to limit the names needed to be ported.

Acyer
03-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Nice now I can take acyer and acyers to B*

azulflame
04-29-2011, 12:32 AM
You could set it up in an installer with the game choice. Login page, looks depending on your last game played, then which game you want to play. Then launch the correct apparently. The installer would be small file size, but it would install 3 Apps, the login and launcher, PL, and B*.

masterx3
04-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Umhh cool also its out?

Baked-Potato
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Okay, here's my confusing suggestion. How about PL accounts that are inactive for an X amount of months are availiable for Blackstar at release. Then when the X amount of months pass after release, the remaining inactive names are availiable?

For example let's say accounts that haven't been logged into on PL for the past 3 months from release date, those names are availiable at launch. Then once Blackstar has been live for 3 months, the rest of the inactive PL names that haven't been used become availiable.

Wicked Caccavari
04-29-2011, 11:42 PM
1 name reserved per person only if it's a name they currently have on their Pocket Legend account. Most people have names reserved on Pocket Legends that aren't even used or ever planned to be. So reserving multiple names would be unfair.

Prest87
04-30-2011, 09:10 PM

-ALS

Thx devs really want to keep Prest and Dahood

bronislav84
05-05-2011, 03:32 AM
ALS never said if the system they are planning to have will cost plat or not. Probably yes.

Also what about names we want but couldn't get? I only used Karaai because the name I wanted was taken. I can bet money there will be an impostor claiming to be me from PL with the name I truly wanted but don't get reserve rights to. If I even play BS after the first week....:p

KingFu
05-05-2011, 03:42 AM
ALS never said if the system they are planning to have will cost plat or not. Probably yes.

Also what about names we want but couldn't get? I only used Karaai because the name I wanted was taken. I can bet money there will be an impostor claiming to be me from PL with the name I truly wanted but don't get reserve rights to. If I even play BS after the first week....:p

1) Yes, B* will cost plat and will be linked to your plat from PL. If you have an account for PL, you have one for STS

2) I PMed Cassric, and he said they're not sure yet if we can only reserve names we have in PL, or if we can reserve names we've wanted. We shall find out soon enough.

bronislav84
05-05-2011, 04:01 AM
Cost plat? Are you saying pay to play subscription based and needing to have x amount of plat on the account to be deducted off every month and have access? O.O I must have missed the part where they said it would be P2P. The screens looked a bit too good for a free-mium game. Consider me not interested if that's really the case.

Second part is useful info. I might have to charge some plat for my name reserve then, or else not have enough because of saving up for something in PL and that plat basically being already spent because I know what I want.

KingFu
05-05-2011, 04:32 AM
Cost plat? Are you saying pay to play subscription based and needing to have x amount of plat on the account to be deducted off every month and have access? O.O I must have missed the part where they said it would be P2P. The screens looked a bit too good for a free-mium game. Consider me not interested if that's really the case.

Second part is useful info. I might have to charge some plat for my name reserve then, or else not have enough because of saving up for something in PL and that plat basically being already spent because I know what I want.

1) No, I'm just saying B* will have plat as well. It'll be set up similar to PL (guessing). You can level to X level without spending a dime, but you pay via plat to level further. And I was just saying your PL account is actually now an STS account, meaning it'll work for all their games:)

ratava
05-05-2011, 06:41 AM
1) Yes, B* will cost plat and will be linked to your plat from PL. If you have an account for PL, you have one for STS

2) I PMed Cassric, and he said they're not sure yet if we can only reserve names we have in PL, or if we can reserve names we've wanted. We shall find out soon enough.

Mystical is correct:

1. Spacetime_Studio_Accounts will be implemented across PL & B*
2. Plat in both games will be exchangeable/usable in both PL & B* ie Plat balance in PL <=> B*

It's almost certainly going to be called plat (avoid confusion/makes sense) and maybe have a different in-game symbol (bars or something).

3. B* is confirmed to be FREEMIUM = Free to download + microtransactions in-app

4. Same as PL: First x levels free (ie 13 eg PL) then from 14-20/25 will cost plat.

Thanks for the info re: names... I will make a new name anyways. :)

5. Future levels will come out just like PL.

bronislav84
05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Good info, thanks guys. That was confusing before.