PDA

View Full Version : New player need some mage help.

Genesisrage9
03-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Ok heres the lowdown, When asking about bear builds i was referred here to make a mage as one of my first characters. I'm looking for a build that i could use to get started from lvl 1 and so forth. I know that pure int is probably the most damaging but i am a fan of hybrids and i like ranged characters. Can i get a full reccommendation to a build with those specifications? like where i spend my stats as i lvl up, how i spend skill points and equipment i should look out for. looking forward to the replies.:D

Echelong
03-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Well it all depends on which way you want to go. The most damage would be the dexchantress which allows you to use dexterity gear, but lacks m/s and you will use a lot of that.

Str build is good for survivability because of the armor and health you gain I would suggest to use this only if you don't like dieing a lot, but this build is very pot heavy especially on early levels.

Int buils (my suggested build till you reach at least 50, the current one I use)Give a lot of damage and healing which you lose a lot if you go for the other builds. You can be pure or use some points on either str or dex, at the moment I am using about 50 points on dex because of the damage you gain and hit% which I like to keep above 85-100.

When starting I suggest you start to max out healing, lightning and fire storm first and 1 point in frost storm for the combo. Then I would start leveling the buffs and debuffs to max and then the rest of the skills.

My current skill build is as follows this is a pve build can work on pvp but there are better ones for that.

6-1-6-1
6-4-6-6
6-1-6-6

If I can get some free time during the weekend I will try to post a guide for it the only guild for mages is way outdated. I will need to ask for help from a few friends.

Pharcyde
03-18-2011, 05:16 PM
You sound like you would do great as a Paladin class.

Unfortonently, Paladins are not fun to level up, as they are slow to level and extremely expensive. So, being that, I recommend you play as a Pure int all the way up to 45-50. 45 gear has good regen on it and high damage, so that is the level in which playing paladin becomes fun and way less expensive. To be a paladin:

Put enough points into STR to equip bear gear equivalent to your level, then put the rest into int. This is a weak class, since you get a small str increase and no skill increase. So the best paladin build is a dual equip build. Go 50% strength and 50% int, then use lower level pink items to equip top level gear.

Then for build: All mage classes, regardless of their build or gear, should be going with this. You should concintrate on maxing out heal and lightning/fire storm spells first. Then do your debuffs, buffs and then finish off the rest when you reach end level.

PvE - Lvl 56
6 1 6 1
6 4 6 6
6 1 6 6

PvP - Lvl 56
6 4 6 1
6 1 6 6
6 1 6 6