PDA

View Full Version : Scorch zzz...

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 11:35 AM
My suggestion for scorch is trading him in for 'coupons' which are not tradeable and which allow you to buy other plat exclusive pets like the ones below.
Why Scorch is not worthy to be called mythic.

Scorch his stat bonus is 15% movement speed, 12% crit, +20 primary stat, 160 mana and 8 mana regen.

His aa barely reduces any damage and can easily be destroyed by elite brackenridge- brackenridge mobs.

As can be seen in the video it reduces a elite brackenridge mob his damage by an amount of 10-30 damage, his shield can be broken and the damage that is reduced is nothing compared to what an elite Tindirin mob deals.
(This video for some reason is upside down grrr;()
http://youtu.be/e3hW136-1UE

http://youtu.be/e3hW136-1UE

Now lets compare the other mythic pets their stats;

Ripmaw (I would say he was a failed experiment, the first mythic pet which maybe was strong during his release but is nothing nowadays),

+15 str, 3% dmg reduction, +8 health regen and +8 mana regen.

Slag 12% dmg, +15 int, +10 str and +10% movement speed.

Grimm 12 dmg, +15 int, +15 dex, +10 str and +10% movement speed.

Abaddon 110 armor, +10 primary stat, +15% dmg, +12% movement speed and +10% xp bonus.

All of the old mythic pets with maybe an exception to ripmaw were good for all classes, they all had something every class could use. The aa's of these pets did good and were one of the main factors why they're still prefered over pets like dova.

Scorch however only grants stats that rogues need, nobody but flaggers need speed (in my opinion) so that's not helpful for any class.

crit is something that only rogues need yes mages also do but a mage with a pet like Scorch would be one hit in pvp nowadays and also in pve.

+20 primary stat, well it's nice but except if you're a tank you will need some extra hp from your pet if you don't want to get squished at instant, you'll need extra str or just hp from your pet to survive.

Mana and mana regen, warriors have vb to regen their mana up and mages well they don't run out of mana or die before they do (most of the times), the only class in need of mana regen are the rogues that spam their skills in pve however they have pots so this limits it to pvp only.

My conclusion is that Scorch is a lower lvl rogue pvp pet that does not deserve the mythic title.

Ty for reading and to sts I hope you will consider this suggestion:).

notfaded1
03-24-2015, 11:48 AM
I have to agree... even for rogues... scorch is a disappointment... now his big brother singe on the other hand... SINGE IS AWESOME!

Visiting
03-24-2015, 12:05 PM
I recommend a slight buff for Scorch in stats as so - 15% Speed, 12% Crit, 30 Primary Stat, 5+ All stats, 10 Mana and HP Regen, 100 mana, plus, make his shield BETTER! People with Nekro are getting around 5k DMG blocked by their shield why can't we get 3.5-4k??

Imsofancy
03-24-2015, 12:06 PM
why not just buff scorch like they buffed nekro? lot less complicated....

Serancha
03-24-2015, 12:14 PM
How'd you get that video upside down? lol

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 12:17 PM
why not just buff singe like they buffed nekro? lot less complicated....

Buffing Singe won't help his nabish brother xD

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 12:18 PM
How'd you get that video upside down? lol

Idk :/ shou backstabbed me @,@

Candylicks
03-24-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm thinking they learned from this debacle and will release the next mythic pet that is legit for the players. This one is no doubt a total dud and they should allow players to re-egg it and sell.

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm thinking they learned from this debacle and will release the next mythic pet that is legit for the players. This one is no doubt a total dud and they should allow players to re-egg it and sell.

I would happily comply with waiting for the next mythic pet and trade Scorch for him :) selling Scorch would probably be not to profitable xD

Candylicks
03-24-2015, 12:22 PM
I would happily comply with waiting for the next mythic pet and trade Scorch for him :) selling Scorch would probably be not to profitable xD
Yeah lol.... And you can't liq eggs I imagine there would be scorch bombs in camp.

Jexetta
03-24-2015, 12:24 PM
If you think you're disappointed with Scorch... buy Snappy for 1m gold or farm the ingredient for 2 weeks to buy a pet that is probably worse than guapo.

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 12:26 PM
If you think you're disappointed with Scorch... buy Snappy for 1m gold or farm the ingredient for 2 weeks to buy a pet that is probably worse than guapo.

Snappy isn't mythic and isn't plat purchaseable.

Visiting
03-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Snappy and Scorch are both shield pets right? If so, why are their respective shields so WEAK compared to the newly buffed Nekro shield? I realize that Nekro is an Arcane rarity pet and that's reflected in his great stats/passive but, that's no excuse for his Mythic/Legendary counterparts to have shields that are essentially worthless.

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Snappy and Scorch are both shield pets right? If so, why are their respective shields so WEAK compared to the newly buffed Nekro shield? I realize that Nekro is an Arcane rarity pet and that's reflected in his great stats/passive but, that's no excuse for his Mythic/Legendary counterparts to have shields that are essentially worthless.

Oh lol didn't know snappy gave a shield xD

Does it look the same as scorch/nekro their shields?

Imsofancy
03-24-2015, 12:35 PM

its pink!

Jazzi
03-24-2015, 12:36 PM

Snappy gives the nabbest shield of them all. No joke :-)

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Snappy gives the nabbest shield of them all. No joke :-)

Didn't that one gave back hp? Because then it must be better than what Scorch does xD

Jazzi
03-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Didn't that one gave back hp? Because then it must be better than what Scorch does xD

It says that it heals by half the damage absorbed. Thing is that it absorbs like 300-400 damage, so you know, the heal is not really impressive ;-)

Dragoonclaws
03-24-2015, 12:46 PM
It says that it heals by half the damage absorbed. Thing is that it absorbs like 300-400 damage, so you know, the heal is not really impressive ;-)

good for twinks then?

Truememories
03-24-2015, 12:56 PM
I agree scorch is a waste and not worth to call it "myth" . However, nobody forced you to press on the buy for 250plat button so basically it's ur own 'fault' if you are not happy with it. And you can see scorch stats in the stable.

I bought myself one too but i only use him for flagging at pvp so yeah GG STS

Jazzi
03-24-2015, 01:06 PM
good for twinks then?

There is a possibility that the amount of damage absorbed depends on the pet's level. Some needs t test it out.

Kakashis
03-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah I want just a refund system of this pet. No need to buff or fix him. Most useless pet, rarely used, don't want to see him anymore.

He was supposed to be 100% absorb damage until it breaks, it doesn't even do that. And one hits in elite are still real with this pet. Soooo done

Dragoonclaws
03-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Scorch is there for sake of collecting pets ^w^

#Catch #Em #All

Truememories
03-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Scorch is there for sake of collecting pets ^w^

#Catch #Em #All
You are everywhere on forums aren't you.

Dragoonclaws
03-24-2015, 01:25 PM
You are everywhere on forums aren't you.

Do you think you can find me in game? ^-^

Truememories
03-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Do you think you can find me in game? ^-^
lel. Nice one.

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 01:39 PM
There is a possibility that the amount of damage absorbed depends on the pet's level. Some needs t test it out.

Mine is lvl 41 and can't absorb anything as seen in the video...

Sorcerie
03-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Don't worry, once the new expansion comes we'll have another mythic pet to fret over.

Hopefully the mythic version of Maridos isn't a total fail this time. With this seasons pet being a defensive one, the new one should offensive.

Perhaps that will help people overlook any flaws it might have, LOL.

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Don't worry, once the new expansion comes we'll have another mythic pet to fret over.

Hopefully the mythic version of Maridos isn't a total fail this time. With this seasons pet being a defensive one, the new one should offensive.

I doubt sts will make a mythic mardios :/ and untill Scorch is fixed, refunded or whatsoever I'm not spending anymore plat on mythic pets, just like locks I want to have a reason to open/buy them.

Jazzi
03-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Mine is lvl 41 and can't absorb anything as seen in the video...

I was talking about snappy :-)

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 01:45 PM
I was talking about snappy :-)

I believe (not to sure) that one has a fixed amount of errmm aa thing, which scorch basically also has since I could aswell have a lvl 1 'shield' 'absorbing' damage.

Jazzi
03-24-2015, 01:46 PM

I for one will wait on buying the new myth pet until I see if it undergoes any buffs/nerfs. U never know :-)

Tatman
03-24-2015, 01:58 PM
My conclusion is that Scorch is a lower lvl rogue pvp pet that does not deserve the mythic title.

I don't see many Scorches even in lower lvl pvp. In fact, I don't see them anywhere except in Brackenridge. :)

Jazzi
03-24-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't see many Scorches even in lower lvl pvp. In fact, I don't see them anywhere except in Brackenridge. :)

I have seen some warriors who use it to park in t3. ;-)

Jexetta
03-24-2015, 03:00 PM
good for twinks then?

No, it's based on level. At level 40 it shields 294 damage approximately and then heals you 3 times for 49 health (147 hp total). The shield equation for snappy is linear and hardly does anything at end game nor would it do anything at twink levels. To take into account the various and popular twinking levels :

Level 11 it would shield you for 81 damage, then heal you for 40 total. Whoop
Level 15 it would shield you for 110 damage, then heal you for 55 total. Whoopy
Level 23 it would shield you for 169 damage, then heal for 84 total. Whoopy-doo-da.

The only reasons I mentioned Snappy is because Snappy and Scorch are the remaining two shield pets, sans nekro, and their AA's are really sad and pathetic.

What's really sad about it all, is that some thought was put into these pets who have interesting AA's. How many pets do we have that just boost your str, int, or dex? So... some designer thought, 'hey! let's do something different!' Unfortunately it just isn't coded very well to relate to the actual damage that is being put out by mobs or pvp or anything. It's designed in a vacuum without thinking about any of the actual damage that is put out by mobs or players. So yes... Scorch needs fixing and so does snappy-doo.

Sincerely,
-Jexy

Noobx
03-24-2015, 03:57 PM
I agree scorch is a waste and not worth to call it "myth" . However, nobody forced you to press on the buy for 250plat button so basically it's ur own 'fault' if you are not happy with it. And you can see scorch stats in the stable.

Sts never mentioned that scorch aa is more useless than sss.

Sorcerie
03-24-2015, 04:05 PM
I doubt sts will make a mythic mardios :/ and untill Scorch is fixed, refunded or whatsoever I'm not spending anymore plat on mythic pets, just like locks I want to have a reason to open/buy them.Looking at past expansions and the arcane pets and their mythic counter parts I'm most def expecting a mythic Maridos recolored or skinned.

Hammerjaw > Ripmaw
Glacian > Slag
Samael > Abaddon
Singe > Scorch
Maridos > ?

Expect to see a mythic genie for sure.

Zylx
03-24-2015, 04:25 PM
Buying a scorch is a lot like popping a crate. You might feel good and excited at first, but afterwards, you're disappointed and want your money back.

Appeltjes
03-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Looking at past expansions and the arcane pets and their mythic counter parts I'm most def expecting a mythic Maridos recolored or skinned.

Hammerjaw > Ripmaw
Glacian > Slag
Samael > Abaddon
Singe > Scorch
Maridos > ?

Expect to see a mythic genie for sure.

But those were all expansion pets, it seems like maridos isn't connected to this expansion:).

Sorcerie
03-24-2015, 04:44 PM
But those were all expansion pets, it seems like maridos isn't connected to this expansion:).I guess we'll work together to find out. :O

.no
03-24-2015, 06:08 PM

Except until you purchase one and try its aa, you have no clue your about to be duped into spending 250 plat. I bought when first released, going by past pets figured it would be on par, nope. Now I just use for moving around cities, or lock farm jarl -_-

Rx8
03-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Its a total rogue pet, that critical - the shield is so ridiculous, it reduces damage instead of "absorbing"

Truememories
03-25-2015, 12:25 AM
Except until you purchase one and try its aa, you have no clue your about to be duped into spending 250 plat. I bought when first released, going by past pets figured it would be on par, nope. Now I just use for moving around cities, or lock farm jarl -_-
Lol

Earlingstad
03-25-2015, 01:12 AM
They said Scorch is on their radar in some post by a dev/mod on a Scorch thread long ago.

Its about time something was done with Scorch. Only 20 primary stats with no health in happiness bonus makes the user extremely squishy. 12% is chance to crit. While waiting for that 12% to work, you are already dead! Horton has 20 primary stats and 10% crit. Not much different.

That movement speed is useless because stuns and breeze just totally own it. Scorch is the worst mythic pet and it is the mythic pet of the current EXPANSION, it should actually be available for 90 plats as a legendary. All the unhappy Scorch buyers, and there are many, should be given an option to re-egg and sell it or given a refund of their plats.

No comments on the aa shield. Everybody knows its a joke.

nevercan
03-25-2015, 05:15 AM
They said Scorch is on their radar in some post by a dev/mod on a Scorch thread long ago.

Its about time something was done with Scorch. Only 20 primary stats with no health in happiness bonus makes the user extremely squishy. 12% is chance to crit. While waiting for that 12% to work, you are already dead! Horton has 20 primary stats and 10% crit. Not much different.

That movement speed is useless because stuns and breeze just totally own it. Scorch is the worst mythic pet and it is the mythic pet of the current season, it should actually be available for 90 plats as a legendary. All the unhappy Scorch buyers, and there are many, should be given an option to re-egg and sell it or given a refund of their plats.

No comments on the aa shield. Everybody knows its a joke.

Scorch was of last season mythc pet, or the one befor im not sure.

Earlingstad
03-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Scorch was of last season mythc pet, or the one befor im not sure.

I meant current expansion not season lol. Ill update it with the correction.

nevercan
03-25-2015, 10:08 AM
I meant current expansion not season lol. Ill update it with the correction.
Oki :)

Twinisland
03-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Just say the truth the only reason people don't like scorch is the same reason people think glacian sucks, no dmg stat which is the only thing people care about. But I'll admit his AA does suck.

Appeltjes
03-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Just say the truth the only reason people don't like scorch is the same reason people think glacian sucks, no dmg stat which is the only thing people care about. But I'll admit his AA does suck.

Idc about dmg, I want a pet that makes me survive better...

Andy Nguyen
03-26-2015, 01:39 AM
Damn

SacredKnight
03-26-2015, 01:41 AM
As an advocate for the Buff/refund Scorch campaign I approve this thread. +1

Hail
03-26-2015, 01:50 AM
From a low level twink, I find this pet amazing. I use it on my (yes my rogue ofcourse) and I never use the aa, HOWEVER this pet is SOOOO good for sniping and chasing. If i get caught in a tricky situation, I just swap to another pet (most likely singe x) ) and when no longer needing singe, its back to scorch.
#ScorchIsAllAboutThatCHASE