PDA

View Full Version : My new quest in PL

bosstinytitan
03-25-2015, 06:59 PM
After hearing news by so many people recently quitting, Ive decided that I will try my absolute best to help this community. People still download this app every single day. Most of the people on PL are not pros, they are "noobs." I think that rather than giving up, we need to help people who have committed enough time on PL to continue. The best way to try our best to keep PL alive is to help level people from lvl35 - lvl 75. These are the people that WILL continue playing. They will tell their friends! And a secret little thing I do, is see who really is working hard to merch in PL, and reward them! Even a small act of kindness goes far, and even I would have absolutely nothing, if random pros had not helped me level.

This is my shoutout to you guys: HELP THE NEW GENS!

I don't believe that any of you guys started out without being helped by others. I wanna take this forward and help people. It breaks my heart seeing my friends quitting. What inspired me today was Rushingnuubs quitting today. He gave me so many of his items that it just hurts me. I have been so selfish and greedy about my items recently, and now I want to help others.

Plus, trust me, once you help someone out in gold or items, it really makes you feel good. I just love that feeling, in real life.

synfullmagic_23110
03-25-2015, 07:00 PM
I always halp nubs I join at least 3 games with ransoms and help them out :D

Irishcow
03-25-2015, 07:03 PM
I give 20k to low lvls who ask for money. :loyal:

bosstinytitan
03-25-2015, 07:10 PM
I give 20k to low lvls who ask for money. :loyal:

I didn't mean that. Those people tend to beg and don't really try hard or work towards making this game fun. There are some people in PL that I find really cool to talk to! They ask questions about merching or farming, and those are the people I feel deserve to succeed.

Electrophiles
03-25-2015, 07:39 PM
Funny thing is, this type of helping out has been going on ever since 2010 - I'd direct you to Saint's get rid of the greed yo thread, Brooke's giveaway, etc...
The best advice I give to you is to just help without making a fiasco over it. That way, when all that Crusade-like euphoria and frenzy fades away, you'll still be inspired to help others.
And believe me, it will fade away...
So what I'm saying is don't make a fanfare-thread when you decide to help new players.
Otherwise, you'll associate the idea of giving away with inciting some cause on the forums, which gets old very quickly.
Instead, just log in and help someone.

Now I feel that given the tendency these days for people to feel offended at the slightest criticism, it is necessary to clarify this post.
I'm not critiquing anyone's personality or character. I'm just commenting on the idea of a giveaway inspired thread.
I've seen many of these and every single time there is an initial rush of players in tune with the "giveaway" spirit and feeling, but given a week or so, the whole sensation subsides and the notion of giveaway is, for the lack of a better word, lost.

While I like your intentions, I honestly believe that the game is taken too seriously and this is somewhat naive.

bosstinytitan
03-25-2015, 08:34 PM
This is more about lvling da nubs tho

Edumacation
03-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Great idea! I reckon that if STG are just going to leave PL in the corner to gather dust, The Community Guild should be able to run the game! I mean just look at all the work that they've done for the community in the past couple of years to keep the game running and attract new players. STG would still have the rights to the game but TCG would gain some profit, and maybe some money could go towards the community or a third world country. I'm sure that would be a long process to handover the game like that legally but then again,
It's just a thought...

Groaning
03-25-2015, 10:06 PM
i believe (crimsontider) said to help nubs you have to stop calling them nubs

Mister Smith
03-25-2015, 11:13 PM
True dat^

Suentous PO
03-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Great idea! I reckon that if STG are just going to leave PL in the corner to gather dust, The Community Guild should be able to run the game! I mean just look at all the work that they've done for the community in the past couple of years to keep the game running and attract new players. STG would still have the rights to the game but TCG would gain some profit, and maybe some money could go towards the community or a third world country. I'm sure that would be a long process to handover the game like that legally but then again,
It's just a thought...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/lordzenu1/03AA7FBB-5845-4912-8CA8-F69AD29F6D26_zpso4jnmiqw.gif (http://s28.photobucket.com/user/lordzenu1/media/03AA7FBB-5845-4912-8CA8-F69AD29F6D26_zpso4jnmiqw.gif.html)

Go home, your drunk

Motivating
03-26-2015, 10:56 AM
I remember when I first joined and I was one of those lvl10 bears running around in pvp with str gear :(
Then someone told me to use dex, plat pack and 6rage and I was like WAO. But whoever that was pretty much started me off with playing 10-15 none stop.
I like friendly people :)

Ignitedmage
03-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Great idea! I am going to start helping ppl of PL from NOW! Because all my friends want to eat foods so that thought never came to my mind but to be honest with you, i would be never in PL if first karebearxd wont't helped, then Guild <Xeclipse> won't helped, then if Lunarxeclipse won't helped, then if Quaderupleejr who is now Quadfury won't helped, then guild <family> won't helped, then nocturnelol won't helped.....

See, i have always relied on getting helped even now Lovefury is helpng me but that thought never came to my mind ;(. But it's in my mind and i'll help :)

Ciabarin
03-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Plus, trust me, once you help someone out in gold or items, it really makes you feel good. I just love that feeling, in real life.

Instead of trading away gold... trade away pots.

In my experience, the low level toons that are genuinely not begging but just need some scratch for another 50 pots are overjoyed when you offer a couple hundred pots instead of gold. The beggars that have no interest in actually playing the game will turn down your offer.

vvishy
03-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Why don't you make a new guild? You can teach the new gens who join how to play PL. You can show them which items are best for them. You can show them how to efficiently farm. And you can teach them how to merch and how the prices work. Just a thought :D.

DivineMoustache
03-26-2015, 01:20 PM
<Merch Academy> or na

MrClifford
03-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Plis help me boss im new.

Hoho na good call man, i do enjoy dishing out a little to the new kids on the odd occasion

bosstinytitan
03-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Instead of trading away gold... trade away pots.

In my experience, the low level toons that are genuinely not begging but just need some scratch for another 50 pots are overjoyed when you offer a couple hundred pots instead of gold. The beggars that have no interest in actually playing the game will turn down your offer.

Awesome idea!

Electrophiles
03-26-2015, 11:24 PM
<Merch Academy> or na

Nah, try "Tiny Titan Tutors" lel

AnkleDru
03-26-2015, 11:25 PM
<Tiny Helpers>Is good

Electrophiles
03-26-2015, 11:43 PM
<Tiny Helpers>Is good

No alliteration = no go, sorry. In this chaotic world, any franchise must have the bang to the buck sound in it, or it's a no go. Next! /tonystarkstyle pls

bosstinytitan
03-27-2015, 12:19 AM
Why me lol? I can do very little compared to all of us together! <Happy Helpers> XD

Ignitedmage
03-27-2015, 12:54 AM
Why me lol? I can do very little compared to all of us together! <Happy Helpers> XD

You because u started this :p

End
03-27-2015, 12:37 PM
The person who helped me most was samuhell. He gave me 15k then never talked to me again

vvishy
03-27-2015, 01:53 PM

<Tiny Titan Trainees> :3
Then they can help other noobs so one day we can live in a noob free online Alterra!! :D

bosstinytitan
03-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Keep helping people!

Mothwing
03-30-2015, 06:35 PM
I'd honestly merch if I knew how.

Groaning
03-30-2015, 06:47 PM
I'd honestly merch if I knew how.

My idea of merching is to stalking CS for miss prices XD like they forgot a zero or something :3

bosstinytitan
03-30-2015, 06:56 PM
My idea of merching is to stalking CS for miss prices XD like they forgot a zero or something :3

Hehe its fun until you are the person who misses the zero lol

Motivating
04-01-2015, 03:19 PM
That's why you sit in pvp games leik "Seleng mi pvp geer. Very gud leik 10/10 good, only 5mellion"

Jhawkeye
04-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I remember when I first started playing seriously and I saw jhood. I said hi and he said hey back. It made my day. Moral of the story. You can help someone with a simple greeting. If a newer player pm's you "hey", don't ignore them, that person may be admiring you so don't be a jerk. Also whenever someone is begging for gold don't say "shuttup and go make money noob". Spend some time explaining how they can make money and if you have the time help them with a couple runs. Offer your services sometimes. I know this happens but honestly I see more of "shuttup begging" than "I'll help you make money if you want, but I don't give handouts"

bosstinytitan
04-01-2015, 04:51 PM
I remember when I first started playing seriously and I saw jhood. I said hi and he said hey back. It made my day. Moral of the story. You can help someone with a simple greeting. If a newer player pm's you "hey", don't ignore them, that person may be admiring you so don't be a jerk. Also whenever someone is begging for gold don't say "shuttup and go make money noob". Spend some time explaining how they can make money and if you have the time help them with a couple runs. Offer your services sometimes. I know this happens but honestly I see more of "shuttup begging" than "I'll help you make money if you want, but I don't give handouts"

Wow I was gonna make a post about that :)

Jhawkeye
04-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Wow I was gonna make a post about that :)

Ahhh sry beat ya to it XD