PDA

View Full Version : To dev's: Please clarify

Maarkus
03-26-2015, 03:32 AM
I just want to ask why a rogue skill bug was fixed easily(meaning within months) when the request for warrior skill 'modification' has taken a year to even start considering touching the skill after all the discussions on the need for warrior skills to be 'modified/fixed'?

P.S. I hope this is not considered a rant.

Rx8
03-26-2015, 03:51 AM
It was so easy to fix one upgrade-bug, and it to balance warriors in PvE we need to wait till expansion...

Maarkus
03-26-2015, 04:34 AM
Hi Rx8,

Just to clarify, I wasn't referring to the overall skill revamp.
I was referring to 'tweaking/adjusting' the current skills within its given parameter to improve the warrior class preformance in elite PVE runs.

Meaning as mentioned in previous posts , adjusting the Chestsplitter upgrade staggering blow to actually be on and cancel boss winds usps as mention in the skill description.
Adjusting the ace throw up grade fending blow which give 10percent admire debuff and hopefully adjust it to 30-40percent ...
And so on.

My point was .... If the dev's didnt have this capacity then they would not have been able to fix the bugged rogue skill. Meaning they have access to the skill modification as long as it's within the skill parameter, thus the warrior skill review is doable but it has been neglected, this is clearly shown in posts from Remiem and Fibus wherein they have mentioned skill review in a post done last Feb/March 2014 and a year later they are still taking feedbacks ... Which is a clear sign of lack of due diligence.

Thus I ask again, if it was doable why not do it? If they say they will then why wait for a full year to say they will do it?

I hope that clarifies my statement.

Thanks

Rx8
03-26-2015, 05:00 AM
My main argument was that a revamp may not be necessary, but a few changes could be better. Maybe the higher buffs/debuffs can call in for a revamp.

Let me tell you my main, mage experience.

As you know mages are made for AoE damaging. In elites 99.95% of the skills are totall'd for me. In enigmatic, i ran tindirin wilds for farming, elite wilds to be sure, 3 rogues + me (as a mage). I can guarantee that i had to do nothing but just charge fireball, and ice, with the mana regen heal. This applied anywhere, even during the ToA held by Kalizzaa, i ran with candy(kissed), 2 rogs and myself as a mage. We swept shuyal and tindirin, guess what, no tank was literally needed, shuyal mobs hit crazily hard yet the party wiped out the mobs. I didnt use heal at that time, all i had to was to lock the mobs through clock, and ensure they are stunned by fire + gale. and ice, just to freezze the ezy pezy mobs.

There was literally nothing for me to do, just clock down ensuring a bonus stun.

Personally, all those elite LB position holders, who include a mage, all that needs to be done is to either clock fire gale heal, or just fire ice gale heal...

Only the fireball stun and DoT works, ice's freeze upgrade is almost useless to the shaman-like-mobs. Clock's dodge + death + explosion upgrades are useless in elites.

Heal for a mage never meant to aggro the mobs, yet it is only useful to a warrior to hold the mobs.

ClumsyCactus
03-26-2015, 05:07 AM
But then again, rogues nox damage upgrade.

Rx8
03-26-2015, 05:11 AM
But then again, rogues nox damage upgrade.

well, candylick's post said it reduces damage by 15% or something, here's what i could find..

First of all they need to address skills that are broken. They don't even KNOW they are broken which is one of the most mind boggling things ever. There was a dev in the chat box and I asked if they had any intentions of fixing serrated arrow in nox for rogues. The entire community knows that this upgrade does not give 15% dmg but it actually reduces your dmg by 15%. He didn't even know this skill was broken!!!! I mean, it's been 2 years and it's not worked correctly. The other classes also have skills like this that are flat out broken and do not work as intended.

Second, they should revamp passive skills. We all know about the single damage multiplier rule and if you use a dmg pet, and hey rogues and mages do so the dmg passive is totally wasteful. They should take all of those passives like DMG and SPEED which don't stack and remove them. Give us passives that will actually improve our classes.

Third, I don't think that adding a skill on the UI will change anything. Yes it could be cool for everyone to not have to remap your skills at bosses especially mages w/ swapping out clock and light. But really fix what's broke first StS. Fine tune your stuff at the very least if you have no intention of altering the skills.

debitmandiri
03-26-2015, 05:39 AM
On nox : buy respec kit, try without upgrade, then respec with upgrade
Enjoy the different

ClumsyCactus
03-26-2015, 06:53 AM
well, candylick's post said it reduces damage by 15% or something, here's what i could find..

My point, that has been around for Ages and still need to be fixed, just like warriors skills should be

Remiem
03-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Hey guys. I appreciate your feedback. We have a number of bugs and improvement requests in our backlog that we are working through regularly as a part of the regular weekly update. Some things, like the razor shield fix, are things that were not working as intended and are fixed relatively easily. Some things, like general warrior skill fixes require more time, consideration and testing, as they have wide reaching effects on overall game balance. I hope this makes sense. We are still committed to continually improving AL, one change and bug fix at a time.

Rx8
03-26-2015, 09:48 AM
My point, that has been around for Ages and still need to be fixed, just like warriors skills should be

That would make up another uproar for the 25% attack chance reduction, heal 3 and 4 upgrades to be changed for mages...

I wont list all of it, most seem like a ridiculous demand for me.

Am i the only one who notices that most mages have to swap the whole time...i dunno why this class is the only one that continues to suffer 24x7...

Maarkus
03-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Hey guys. I appreciate your feedback. We have a number of bugs and improvement requests in our backlog that we are working through regularly as a part of the regular weekly update. Some things, like the razor shield fix, are things that were not working as intended and are fixed relatively easily. Some things, like general warrior skill fixes require more time, consideration and testing, as they have wide reaching effects on overall game balance. I hope this makes sense. We are still committed to continually improving AL, one change and bug fix at a time.

Hi Remiem,
Thank you for the reply.
Any chance we can get a time frame? 3-6months 6-12months?
Also can we be privy to which items are being considered for improvement? Or is this list internal and cannot be disclosed?
Since 'test servers are starting to be a norm, cant the initial phase of skill improvemts based on existing parameter be tested in the test server for the expan so we can asses as players aswell?
Sincerely,
Maarkus

Bellaelda
03-26-2015, 06:32 PM

There is no class balance... Don't be worried your going to mess it up. That's what we are trying get.

Dalmony
03-26-2015, 11:33 PM
What endgame PVE players want to experience in this game can probably be massively simplified into the following:

1. Enjoyable/Fair experience elite map experience. (efficiency of skills, ability to contribute, perform class role, not tediously long, etc)

2. Efficiency To run in the most cost-efficient way possible in terms of time/ankhs/pots/elixirs.

3. Significant farm time To farm for enough time to actually amass something from the runs (for that you need to actually be wanted in a party...)

4. Inclusion To have an enjoyable social experience in the game (this should not be underestimated. the social aspect of this game and the part we play in the community is a major part and in fact for a huge number of players the number one factor which keeps them motivated to play AL.)

We can think of class imbalance as the difference in the access that each class has to each of these factors:

Warrior: Warrior has very little access to any of these elements.

Rogue: None of these factors are affected specifically by being a rogue. Not having an extra seconds of immunity to movement impairing effects doesn't really have a major effect on any of these things - rogues were doing very well without it and although it is of course great to have our skill fixed, we have been for so long without it that it feels like a mini mini buff ^_^ Imagine when the next fix is that we also get +15% damage added to our noxious bolt attacks.

Mage: Being a mage at the moment, mainly restricts access to number 1. Maps can be a frustrating experience for mages: mobs and bosses are often immune to their skills, pets performing freeze and stun attacks more efficiently, and mages have extremely low survivability. It might not be as "enjoyable" an experience, which does need work, but mages can still participate in efficient farming. They get party invites. Rogues often take preference but most people are happy with a party of mixed dps.

Rogues, with or without that extra 3 second resistance to movement impairing effects, can get invites to parties and then proceed farm quickly and efficiently, get parties, and generally be a useful part of the farming community.

Warriors, without some revision to something, are seriously restricted: receiving no attention to skills and stats balance is seriously affecting all four of the elements listed above which adds up to being pretty detrimental to their experience of the game.

All these factors aren't necessarily things which can be tested and perfected in "lab conditions" and then rolled out as "the perfect solution."

The success of any proposed changes can only really be attested and validified by getting them out there and seeing how players incorporate them into the game, and then maybe tweaking them further. That is why players are quite eager to see some concrete information shortly followed by real in game (or in test server) action on this rather than just a vague notion that it's being looked at >.<