PDA

View Full Version : How to fix pvp. (1 out of 1 million other threads with this title)

Imsofancy
03-26-2015, 12:17 PM
So with all the hullabaloo about pvp unfairness, and people with maxed out gear one shot killing people who have no clue how to play, I thought of a pretty nice idea on how to slightly balance it, its a system in which pretty much every other game with pvp have. So here it goes. (gulp)

So since we have a lv up system in PVE, for killing mobs and bosses, why cant we have a PVP lv up system? So like, if you kill 1 person, you score goes about 1 point, if you get killed your score goes down 1 pont, you can only fight ppl with similar PVP scores, so there is no (person with a score of 10k fights a person with a score of 12).

I think this would help solve quite a few problems in pvp unfairness, as the only people who would suffer from this are dummy farmers, and people who can only get kills by attacking helpless nabs.

Thanks for reading

Im so fancy, you dont even have to keep reading after this oh oh

Spell
03-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Lol imagine a kill farmers face when he is put up against a full gear "pro"

Rip kill farmers!

Continents
03-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Mmm interesting..

Imsofancy
03-26-2015, 12:22 PM
oh yeah, just thought of another thing that this idea may backfire lol, since for twinking lvs there is smaller player base, it would be harder to find fights for highly skilled players... :/

nevercan
03-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Haha what's interesting is that the kill farmer would never be put in the same room as the dummy if this were implemented.
Thats the best part of that idea :p

ClumsyCactus
03-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Wohoo... Getting 200001010 minutes waiting time at twinking to join a ctf room...

Vjerevica
03-26-2015, 01:25 PM
So with all the hullabaloo about pvp unfairness, and people with maxed out gear one shot killing people who have no clue how to play, I thought of a pretty nice idea on how to slightly balance it, its a system in which pretty much every other game with pvp have. So here it goes. (gulp)

So since we have a lv up system in PVE, for killing mobs and bosses, why cant we have a PVP lv up system? So like, if you kill 1 person, you score goes about 1 point, if you get killed your score goes down 1 pont, you can only fight ppl with similar PVP scores, so there is no (person with a score of 10k fights a person with a score of 12).

I think this would help solve quite a few problems in pvp unfairness, as the only people who would suffer from this are dummy farmers, and people who can only get kills by attacking helpless nabs.

Thanks for reading

Im so fancy, you dont even have to keep reading after this oh oh

Well, if you've read those million posts about fixing pvp you would recognize main failure of your proposal. So called pro players don't want fair fight. They don't want to fight equally geared/skilled players. They want to fight under geared players and feel superior. As one of them said (this is free quote): what is the point of buying expensive gear if it doesn't give him advantage.

I fully support your idea. :encouragement:

rstilzchen
03-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Obvious disadvantages of idea:
• none of your friends or gildies wont ba able to help if you just started pvp or too pro already;
• if do not solve the problem of gangs this idea dont fix pvp: good players get points, go to the next level, get gang from "pros", return to the previous level. So, poor geared people still getting farm from good players and good geared players, and arcane noobs still on top.

gumball3000
03-26-2015, 02:25 PM
the al player base is smaller than you think, it is so small actually i think it would take hours to be matched with someone who has simillar skill/points as you. this works in games like dota 2 where are hundreds of thousands of players: