PDA

View Full Version : Chatbox Spam

Dragoonclaws
03-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Hello,

This is an important issue. When someone spams the chatbox, we can't report. Can we please have a report button with options: SPAM and CURSING. If 5+ people reports the same player in a 2minutes period, the reported players get a temporary ban from the chatbox for 30 minutes, AND the Archives for that report are saved until a mod/developper takes the case and close it. This will prevent trolls who abuse the chatbox when the mods are not online, it will save time for mods since they can do something else instead of constantly check the chatbox.

Much love .-.
Dragoonbutt

Draculex
03-26-2015, 01:30 PM
+1.

Glacially
03-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Agree

Willisch
03-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Definitely agree. Especially in Paradise Pier, when someone is trying to sell something that no one wants, and they think 40 posts per minute are going to help.

Dragoonclaws
03-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Definitely agree. Especially in Paradise Pier, when someone is trying to sell something that no one wants, and they think 40 posts per minute are going to help.

It's not meant to temp ban those people. I am targetting the spammers, the people we want to take away from the chat because he is REALLY annoying. Selling in chat is ok, but the last events in chatbox suggest that we should give some defencive power to normal people. It's only a temp ban for 1hour, with a small notice to mod about him (they will decide if he should be banned, or if he is good.

The only thing I am afraid of, is the abuse of the report button. What if some guy gets 5 accounts with 5 devices and report each player he meets in chatbox. We might need to ask 10 reports for a temp ban. Well, the easiest way to spot those abusers is to save the names of the people who reported. If it's always the same people, then it's very probably an abuse.

Looking further to find SOLUTIONS.

Drausaser
03-26-2015, 02:34 PM
+1..

Rx8
03-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Dragoonbutt

*shoots a QAAM missile*

Candylicks
03-27-2015, 06:21 AM
Yeah the guy in the chat box yesterday was terrible. I pm remi with a copy paste of the fun, I'm sure she took care of it.

zauilet
03-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Hehe :) what does chatbox spam mean?
Ty:)

Schnitzel
03-27-2015, 11:22 PM
Hehe :) what does chatbox spam mean?
Ty:)

Its when someone (or some Bot) says the same thing over and over and over and over and over (etc.)

Bryceldri
03-28-2015, 12:12 AM
Agree but usually when something like this happens I send them straight off to "Ignored" Paradise