PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet 2 what the hell

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 12:55 PM
I can not believe no1 has made a post about this its unbelievable <edited>. I'm a new lvl 41 and I have icescale armor. 2.1k armour and 5.4k HP and that boss can almost one hit me, I mean he leaves me on 1% HP wtfffff. And captain Hartley of all bosses to mix with this :'(. You can't make an event just for people with the best of the best equips. At least scale him down a bit jeeze. Sorry for the rant haha I'm just peed off

Untung
03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
I just went there 3 times with 2 failed and 1 succeed, then never enter again

Serancha
03-27-2015, 01:54 PM
I can not believe no1 has made a post about this its unbelievable. I'm a new lvl 41 and I have icescale armor. 2.1k armour and 5.4k HP and that boss can almost one hit me, I mean he leaves me on 1% HP wtfffff. And captain Hartley of all bosses to mix with this :'(. You can't make an event just for people with the best of the best equips. At least scale him down a bit jeeze. Sorry for the rant haha I'm just peed off

5400 hp on a warrior is about 1000 below where you should be in legendary gear. Might be part of the problem. I know some rogues and mages that have 5400.

Jazzi
03-27-2015, 02:35 PM
5400 hp on a warrior is about 1000 below where you should be in legendary gear. Might be part of the problem. I know some rogues and mages that have 5400.

I am yet to see a rogue with that much Serancha, but maybe you are right. I still think that op is right that those free events should be as inclusive as possible. My rogue has 4575 hp and can be one hit by those bosses. Their regularly hit for 2800-4000, which means that practically any rogue without planar pendant/arcane ring and/or singe/maridos can and probably will get one hit by those. Imho a legendary player should be able to play those without getting killed by all boss attacks, which is what will happen to a legendary rogue in full potency gear with 2200-2500 health. I understand and somewhat tolerate the onehits in the tombs, but this is not elite, nor should those bosses be able to hit harder that the t3 boss (what should be the hardest boss in the game). Just my opinion.

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm new to all this so I don't really know what equips to buy, my gear isn't the best tbh but that shouldn't really matter, even if I had that extra 1k HP it would not make a difference because the boss hits me so hard that drops my HP to 1% then stuns and follows up with an attack that is just as powerful before I can rapid press my pots. How would you suggest I get that extra 1k without gold to grand all my gears

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Or what equips to buy to make me half decent

kydrian
03-27-2015, 02:55 PM

5400 for mages and rogues? Seriously that's not possible unless they have the best items in game and a warrior with legendary gear is around 5200-5800 health so I really don't understand where you've seen a "legendary" gear Mage or rogue with around 5k health..

"For the weak, for the weary, for the helpless, FOR THE LIGHT!"
~Donovic
Bringer Of Salvation

nevercan
03-27-2015, 02:58 PM
I'm new to all this so I don't really know what equips to buy, my gear isn't the best tbh but that shouldn't really matter, even if I had that extra 1k HP it would not make a difference because the boss hits me so hard that drops my HP to 1% then stuns and follows up with an attack that is just as powerful before I can rapid press my pots. How would you suggest I get that extra 1k without gold to grand all my gears
U probebly using the wrong gear, from what i know druid pot and icescale assault (if im right not sure so far it have to be the best icescale)
U wil have some better stats and wepon, buy magma assault or planar club of (the most expensif kind) and ring+ amulet im not sure.

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 03:03 PM
I have a planar club and icescale of assault, not the best of gems in any of them but my DPS is around 340 or more. Hellish armour looked like alright stats to me as well but don't have a lot of gold till I farm like crazy

tharidom
03-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Idk how it is at lower lvls but 15's seem to be running this event:) try it

tharidom
03-27-2015, 03:05 PM
I have a planar club and icescale of assault, not the best of gems in any of them but my DPS is around 340 or more. Hellish armour looked like alright stats to me as well but don't have a lot of gold till I farm like crazy

Dps isn't important ;)

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Dps isn't important ;)
I know but I like to solo bosses some times to farm for eggs and want to kill them faster. I need 2 sets one for tanking and one for dps hahah. The plans in my head are going Into billions what I wanna spend on this char hahaha

chipping
03-27-2015, 03:11 PM
I actually wanted to a make a thread regarding this.

The gauntlet seems to be a complete waste of time/energy/pots to anyone who is inadequately equipped, and there seems to absolutely no point to running it if ur not reaching for the lb. I do think they should ease it out a little, kick it down a notch.

nevercan
03-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Hp and armor keep you alive dps doesnt.

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 03:15 PM
I actually wanted to a make a thread regarding this.

The gauntlet seems to be a complete waste of time/energy/pots to anyone who is inadequately equipped, and there seems to absolutely no point to running it if ur not reaching for the lb. I do think they should ease it out a little, kick it down a notch.
Yeah just tone it down a bit so he doesn't hit so dam hard or at least get rid of hartly 's stun pet things that follow you as fast as you can run

.no
03-27-2015, 04:29 PM
It's an event for max gear players any level. Or people with friends willing to carry them.

Only reason to run is lb. It's def not a gold maker.

As someone who runs events hard and has a lot of fun in them, this is failed event #2. The lep event was a weak event also.

Kakashis
03-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Yup I knew after one run that it's a gold/ank/pot sink and that only those who have extra to spend should run this event. Definately not profitable. The one hits are ridiculous. I'm not spending my plats to revive only to die again at the boss! At least arena you get to gamble after 4 bosses. This one is pure death farming

Morholt
03-27-2015, 05:43 PM
I know but I like to solo bosses some times to farm for eggs and want to kill them faster. I need 2 sets one for tanking and one for dps hahah. The plans in my head are going Into billions what I wanna spend on this char hahahaDps only reflects your normal attacks. Your skills are based off of your damage stat--the heals of horn of renewal included.

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Dps only reflects your normal attacks. Your skills are based off of your damage stat--the heals of horn of renewal included.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/27/291badd2d5977d6b95f44fb9fdfd0e60.jpg that's my stats without the happiness bonus of the pet cos I had no gold to feed the poor fella

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 06:13 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/27/731c05351029e90f841868ed123302b1.jpg that's with my pets happiness bonus

Overweightank
03-27-2015, 07:26 PM

You're undergeared, that's the problem. Also dodging the attacks of the gauntlet bosses really isn't that hard. Just need some practice and guidance :P

Twix
03-27-2015, 07:35 PM
5400 for mages and rogues? Seriously that's not possible unless they have the best items in game and a warrior with legendary gear is around 5200-5800 health so I really don't understand where you've seen a "legendary" gear Mage or rogue with around 5k health..

~Donovic
Bringer Of Salvation

6k is average for tank with icescale set good pendant ring and claymore.
Max rogue/mage with singe can has 5400 hp

Kyle Holmes
03-27-2015, 08:40 PM
You're undergeared, that's the problem. Also dodging the attacks of the gauntlet bosses really isn't that hard. Just need some practice and guidance [emoji14]
Yep that's the one hahha. I try my hardest to dodge but that dragon pulls me in and stuns me then one hits me hahah burnt thru loads of pots just for people to leave mid way through as well

ColaxRic
03-28-2015, 01:43 AM
Maybe you've got the wrong build Kyle. Make sure you spend plenty of points in your passive as they give you a lot of help. For ring and amulet, if you are poor, just buy an epic ring. Amulet you should get Amulet of Doom. If you don't want to get one-shotted, move around a lot. I see a lot of Warriors just stand still in front of the boss and attack thinking that they won't die well. Move around and dodge the boss's skill shots. I am a mage with 3300 HP and around 1200 armor and even I didn't get one-shotted.

Serancha
03-28-2015, 04:00 AM

~Donovic
Bringer Of Salvation

Well, I was approximating, but I can manage to reach 5100hp on both rogue and mage, and I know rogues who go higher than I do. Yes it involves good gear, but that's beside the point.

Even a legendary warrior can easily get at least 6500 hp with pet. Just spec all strength and get some half-decent gear. 5600hp was doable at the level 36 cap for legendary. I know because my warrior doesn't have mythics.

If they made these events easy for players who don't have decent gear or builds that emphasize their primary stat, then those with proper builds and good gear would find it extremely easy, get bored and quit again. After a year at the level 41 cap, 90% of the end-game players are in the second category.

Sundar Moorthi
03-28-2015, 04:05 AM
rogues and mages team cont do solo r by team here u need a tank to take all the damage

Kyle Holmes
03-28-2015, 06:54 AM
Maybe you've got the wrong build Kyle. Make sure you spend plenty of points in your passive as they give you a lot of help. For ring and amulet, if you are poor, just buy an epic ring. Amulet you should get Amulet of Doom. If you don't want to get one-shotted, move around a lot. I see a lot of Warriors just stand still in front of the boss and attack thinking that they won't die well. Move around and dodge the boss's skill shots. I am a mage with 3300 HP and around 1200 armor and even I didn't get one-shotted.
I have some re spec scrolls so I can re do my char, could be you tell me what the best build would be and my passives I have damage 5/5 crit 1/5 speed 4/5 armor 5/5, and got 5 in another passive but can't remember the namehttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/28/ce8a7c8297f01af94d211e95a5e20a6a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/28/7a10fe92accc4c3d33a12e1bec240460.jpgjust went and got screen shots

Mr.Diamante
03-28-2015, 07:05 AM
I can not believe no1 has made a post about this its unbelievable and is so bs. I'm a new lvl 41 and I have icescale armor. 2.1k armour and 5.4k HP and that boss can almost one hit me, I mean he leaves me on 1% HP wtfffff. And captain Hartley of all bosses to mix with this :'(. You can't make an event just for people with the best of the best equips. At least scale him down a bit jeeze. Sorry for the rant haha I'm just peed off

same here.. :( so i didn't participate in the event..

Higuani
03-28-2015, 11:14 AM
I'm playin this on my 17 rog and we get 1 shotted aswell but not so often like 41. Try seperate the bosses 2 on arlagan and 2 on the other one.

Dalmony
03-28-2015, 03:31 PM
I have full mythic set on my rogue, planar amulet, and singe. Alargan in gauntlet can still 1 hit me to be honest, even more so if I use any other pet than singe.

I've been wondering how pugs were actually completing it!

guyonanseru
03-28-2015, 04:18 PM
urmm u dont need dmg n speed upgrade, waste of skill points. rly

Kyle Holmes
03-28-2015, 05:31 PM
urmm u dont need dmg n speed upgrade, waste of skill points. rly
I didn't really know what to put points in tbh so I You tubed it and copied one off there lmao. Any tips would be greatly received because I can re spec

.no
03-28-2015, 06:38 PM
My build is mostly elite/pve

5/5 heal, axe, vengeful blood
4/5 in windmill, no cripple
4/5 jugg, no taunt
1/5 skyward smash, so I can move through maps fast, or enter tavern glitch lol
3/5 chest splitter, no decimation or relentless strike

5/5 in might, durable
I use 3/5 in agility becuase I have seven skills unlocked.

.no
03-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Basically, good war needs to taunt, feeble, and stay alive to heal team.

Kyle Holmes
03-28-2015, 06:56 PM

4/5 jugg, no taunt

5/5 in might, durable
Cheers :) I'll be in game in a min so might ask you a few questions

guyonanseru
03-29-2015, 01:33 AM

4/5 jugg, no taunt

5/5 in might, durable
u need all taunt skill for war

.no
03-29-2015, 03:28 AM
u need all taunt skill for war

Not really, only taunt I don't use is jugg taunt. Amongst the taunts, it doesn't taunt that many, very quickly at all. Compared to windmill and cs taunts, it's a wasted point better placed in passive.

guyonanseru
03-29-2015, 03:31 AM
Not really, only taunt I don't use is jugg taunt. Amongst the taunts, it doesn't taunt that many, very quickly at all. Compared to windmill and cs taunts, it's a wasted point better placed in passive.
well its ok but better put ur passive into int, thats for me

ColaxRic
03-29-2015, 03:36 AM
Here's my Warrior build.

Active:
5/5 Skyward Smash
5/5 windmill
5/5 Venge
5/5 Heal

Passive:
5/5 Might
5/5 Agility
5/5 Knowledge
5/5 Durable

.no
03-29-2015, 03:39 AM
I use a blood ruby for mana. But, If using legendary ring, you still have enough mana from gear and pets that when your low, you can hit pots a couple times and be good. Again, knowledge passive wasted in my opinion.

I prefer agility as it raises hp and a bit of damage.

.no
03-29-2015, 03:45 AM
Here's my Warrior build.

Active:
5/5 Skyward Smash
5/5 windmill
5/5 Venge
5/5 Heal

Passive:
5/5 Might
5/5 Agility
5/5 Knowledge
5/5 Durable

I'm not a fan of this build-

1) Jugg is very useful in hard elites. You can jugg, then have time to heal team and not die. No stun from mobs, etc
2) you have no feeble skill. Again very useful in hard elites. Stop mobs and bosses from critting you and team
3) You have two slow cd damage skills. Cs is much faster
4) This only really useful in tomb running/leveling

Dex Scene
03-29-2015, 04:48 AM
I didn't really know what to put points in tbh so I You tubed it and copied one off there lmao. Any tips would be greatly received because I can re spec
Why didn't you just ask me mate. You are in my guild. Ask me or other guildies in fb/in game mate. I agree them The upgrades ur talking about are completely waste mate...

Kyle Holmes
03-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Why didn't you just ask me mate. You are in my guild. Ask me or other guildies in fb/in game mate. I agree them The upgrades ur talking about are completely waste mate...
Keep forgetting you have a war :) and I wish I did, would have saved me a lot of re spec scrolls because its someone in the guild that's told me the build I've got :)

Eski
03-30-2015, 03:37 AM
i agree that the gauntlet is way to hard ..and the lb prize is ridicouless..
but your stats are not even medium ...you need to work on them.
as kakashis said, its a gold/ankh/plat etc sink

kona
03-30-2015, 03:43 AM
i dont think its wise to run gauntlet 2 event :/

Kyle Holmes
03-30-2015, 05:06 AM
i agree that the gauntlet is way to hard ..and the lb prize is ridicouless..
but your stats are not even medium ...you need to work on them.
as kakashis said, its a gold/ankh/plat etc sink
My HP hits 5900 when I have prance equipped and ganna buy frist when I have enough so should be hitting around 6200+. Ribbits a good pet but I think he's part of my HP problem plus i need to save for a decent pendent and get grand gems on all my gears but by that time event will be over hahah

JohnnyHardcore
03-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Yep that's the one hahha. I try my hardest to dodge but that dragon pulls me in and stuns me then one hits me hahah burnt thru loads of pots just for people to leave mid way through as well

Not that hard.. get tank kiting al, get dps on Hartley. Kite Hartley away from dragon til he dies then do dragon.

For dragon pull, as soon as being sucked in run DIRECTLY AWAY from him in one direction. 19/20 times will miss you.

Kyle Holmes
03-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Another problem is I always have one of Hartley stun pets following me so once I get stunned when jug runs out he's on the the rogues or mages like a tramp on chips

JohnnyHardcore
03-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Try getting dragon aggro far enough away from hartley to not taunt him too. Aggro generated by rogue and mage should be enough to keep his stun circles and they arWay easier for dps to avoid.

Newcomx
03-31-2015, 10:19 PM
I can not believe no1 has made a post about this its unbelievable <edited>. I'm a new lvl 41 and I have icescale armor. 2.1k armour and 5.4k HP and that boss can almost one hit me, I mean he leaves me on 1% HP wtfffff. And captain Hartley of all bosses to mix with this :'(. You can't make an event just for people with the best of the best equips. At least scale him down a bit jeeze. Sorry for the rant haha I'm just peed off

This event not easy for legendary gear player but possible. You only need to burn more Health & Mana Potions than those who have the best gears. IMO.. this event is not good. Not worth losing gold buying potions, when you still saving your gold to buy better gear.

Sfubi
04-01-2015, 06:43 AM
Spam heal pots when u ente boss areas. If u wait until u need a heal u are already to late.

I started playing in 2012. Throughout all the events and expansions, the key has always been spam pots. This will not save you 100% of the time. As your pot spam skill improves your percentage will go up.

This is intended as a basic general helpful hint. Try not to break a finger trolling me.