PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Commands for Pet Dismiss/Summon

Schnitzel
03-28-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this before:

What if we had chat commands (similar to /partyinvite, or /guildinvite) for dismissing/summoning pets?

Example:

To dismiss a pet
/PetDismiss

To summon a pet
/PetSummon <Pet's name>

This way, players can switch pets during battle, and this will be very useful if the player has many pets.
i.e. if someone is in mid-battle and wants to switch pets, rather than going to stable to find a pet to summon,
they can just type "/petSummon <pet name>" and it summons that pet.

Your thoughts?

Zylx
03-28-2015, 11:20 PM
What if there are two or more pets with the same name?

Wazakesy
03-29-2015, 05:35 AM
What if there are two or more pets with the same name?

Its most likely gonna summon the pet with the higer lvl, as they are arranged in order by lvls

Serancha
03-29-2015, 06:48 AM
They just added cooldown locks on pets to prevent resummoning. Besides, typing /petdismiss then /petsummon mypetname would take longer than using the stable. And remember, we're living in a community where people can't even be bothered to type the word "join", so I doubt this would be used much.

Especially with the STILL BROKEN (*glares at sts*) chat system, you also have to delete the crap it autotypes before each command. I honestly can't see it being faster in any way.

Wazakesy
03-29-2015, 09:22 AM
They just added cooldown locks on pets to prevent resummoning. Besides, typing /petdismiss then /petsummon mypetname would take longer than using the stable. And remember, we're living in a community where people can't even be bothered to type the word "join", so I doubt this would be used much.

Especially with the STILL BROKEN (*glares at sts*) chat system, you also have to delete the crap it autotypes before each command. I honestly can't see it being faster in any way.

On PCs, you can just hit the enter button (i know you dont use a PCs..but iOS i guess?) For the chat without any /soandsocommands

TheComboKid
04-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Summoning of the pet would b longer because people would be prone to accidentally click 2 letters at once and they'd have to restart typing again. I think a small in-game button should be displayed that lets you switch between 2-3 pets when ever it's clicked