PDA

View Full Version : About Luck and AL

merch_master
03-29-2015, 12:55 PM
So i know a lot of you guys have hard luck while farming and earning gold , so to lift up your spirits(and dampen mine) I shall tell you of my own ill-fated endeavours at gold earning
As a humble noob, i had no idea how to play the game. I used my gold to keep pets happy(they were so sad without food) and to buy useless pets(yes i bought a deary)
After hitting lvl 30 and finding my first-ever guild, i understood the game a little better.......and started burning gold on lvl specific items instead of lvlng. Never did wt4 or any tomb/crypt in all my lvlng days.
Finally hit 41...wid lvl 35 legendary gear, august as a pet and total of 20k on me. Then began my farming days....
I pleaded and pleaded till my buddy gave me a lepre and a few luck elixir kits out of pity....ran bracken like hell and was so happy when i looted locks.....till i realised i averaged 2 locks per kit...which was pathetic
Then i turned my attention to events!...i was still a low lvl noob during winter event,was mostly offline during lovecraft event, lepre event gave me a few more locks but *meh*
Then i sought out the tindirin dragkin tooths!!! After what seemed like a million runs (probably just 100)...i looted a grand total of 15 tooth....so yeah my dream of selling a bar went bust
Then came the arena-fest....20 runs...no drops...20 chests...just epics....ankh loss - 70
Finally i turned my attention to planar tomb 3
After another 20 odd runs, i looted 2 locks on reroll(that means lost two planar chests) and nothing else....ankh loss- 40
So currently broke as hell, i roam around the cities crying tears of sorrow when i hear "selling 1.5m", buying 8m".
I hope this makes your AL experience just a bit more bearable

emkochiu
03-29-2015, 01:36 PM
i looted 2 locks on reroll(that means lost two planar chests)
It isnt true, maybe you lost other useless epic items :).
20 runs - 40 ankh, you need 63 runs to buy a breeze egg => 125 ankh = 250k. You can sell breeze for 600-700k = 400k profit and some chests, legendary items.
I think it's the best way to earn gold now.
Good luck farming :).

Kyle Holmes
03-29-2015, 02:08 PM
I think my account it pretty lucky, was able to buy a lepre when I was lvl 25 so I make loads of gold but I spend just as fast. Done about 30 runs of wilds and got 13 teeth so not that bad but I also have the days where I struggle to find anything

CasusBelli
03-29-2015, 06:17 PM
learned my lesson years ago when I first play WoW. now when I play any game, new or old, for my first time.. I spend nothing until I know exactly what I'm getting myself into.

Bluebatthing
03-29-2015, 06:25 PM
So currently broke as hell, i roam around the cities crying tears of sorrow when i hear "selling 1.5m", buying 8m".

LMAO, welcome to the club buddy

Twinisland
03-29-2015, 07:24 PM
So i know a lot of you guys have hard luck while farming and earning gold , so to lift up your spirits(and dampen mine) I shall tell you of my own ill-fated endeavours at gold earning
As a humble noob, i had no idea how to play the game. I used my gold to keep pets happy(they were so sad without food) and to buy useless pets(yes i bought a deary)
After hitting lvl 30 and finding my first-ever guild, i understood the game a little better.......and started burning gold on lvl specific items instead of lvlng. Never did wt4 or any tomb/crypt in all my lvlng days.
Finally hit 41...wid lvl 35 legendary gear, august as a pet and total of 20k on me. Then began my farming days....
I pleaded and pleaded till my buddy gave me a lepre and a few luck elixir kits out of pity....ran bracken like hell and was so happy when i looted locks.....till i realised i averaged 2 locks per kit...which was pathetic
Then i turned my attention to events!...i was still a low lvl noob during winter event,was mostly offline during lovecraft event, lepre event gave me a few more locks but *meh*
Then i sought out the tindirin dragkin tooths!!! After what seemed like a million runs (probably just 100)...i looted a grand total of 15 tooth....so yeah my dream of selling a bar went bust
Then came the arena-fest....20 runs...no drops...20 chests...just epics....ankh loss - 70
Finally i turned my attention to planar tomb 3
After another 20 odd runs, i looted 2 locks on reroll(that means lost two planar chests) and nothing else....ankh loss- 40
I hope this makes your AL experience just a bit more bearable
You are now my best friend lol fell free to add me ign:Tankkillz (won't be online for a lil while)

Kyle Holmes
03-29-2015, 07:57 PM
learned my lesson years ago when I first play WoW. now when I play any game, new or old, for my first time.. I spend nothing until I know exactly what I'm getting myself into.
Games that are f2p you end up spending more money in than a p2p game its actually pretty stupid. What's WoW these days like £15 for a month. Could spend more than that in a week playing these games. I used to do it on a game called silk road online.

Overweightank
03-29-2015, 08:20 PM
It's okay man. You can go get help with training... not cry about how your luck in this game is dank. As much as I want to agree or pity you, I cant. Instead of all this, you can level to 41, and join a Really nice guild and start practicing! :P

merch_master
03-29-2015, 09:34 PM
It's okay man. You can go get help with training... not cry about how your luck in this game is dank. As much as I want to agree or pity you, I cant. Instead of all this, you can level to 41, and join a Really nice guild and start practicing! [emoji14]
Lol....i'm not whining at all....ok maybe a little [emoji14]...I am at 41 and still love the game...infact the noob mistakes and blundering about made it more fun instead of knowing what to do all the time...Just a little story of my time here and highlighting that people need to not be lucky or use plats(non-user) to enjoy the game as most seem to think[emoji6]

merch_master
03-29-2015, 09:38 PM
It isnt true, maybe you lost other useless epic items :).
20 runs - 40 ankh, you need 63 runs to buy a breeze egg => 125 ankh = 250k. You can sell breeze for 600-700k = 400k profit and some chests, legendary items.
I think it's the best way to earn gold now.
Good luck farming :).
Exactly what i'm aiming for[emoji4] ..it is one of the few good endgame things which is not luck based...But the ankhloss isnt consistent. Lost 4-5 in a run as well as ankhless
About the epic items are u sure? Epic items reroll to legendary items like planar clubs i think and gold chests reroll to locks..though i could be wrong about this

bedmaster
03-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Relax dude i went thru this game like that too, made 4 chars all unlucky, quit, and got another from friend 3 which im using now, ive had terrible experience from farming and merching so i wanna farm elites someday maybe that will be better. Im lvling my rogue 40-41 now, got gears and lep only from guild events, and helping my friend selling stuff. Just dont push ur luck.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

emkochiu
03-30-2015, 12:35 AM
Exactly what i'm aiming for[emoji4] ..it is one of the few good endgame things which is not luck based...But the ankhloss isnt consistent. Lost 4-5 in a run as well as ankhless
About the epic items are u sure? Epic items reroll to legendary items like planar clubs i think and gold chests reroll to locks..though i could be wrong about this

The only common item (drops from boss) is copper chest => if you reroll and got rare item, it must be silver chest but sometimes you got other rare items. So, I think it isnt true :).

kona
03-30-2015, 01:01 AM
to OP, since now u r accustomed to game better create a new char and play wisely..ps better hunt eggs and locs and then going for bigger stuff like arena and tombs unless u ready for them

Kyle Holmes
03-30-2015, 01:35 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/45caeae2e7212c6cad843a04125b7a7e.jpgwhat I've got so far 2day ;)

ColaxRic
03-30-2015, 02:18 AM
Where do you get the money to buy ankhs in the first place?

merch_master
03-30-2015, 02:53 AM
Where do you get the money to buy ankhs in the first place?
Guild events, daily quests and good super rich in-game friends keep me afloat, but evrything i scrounge up goes in ankhs and pots

merch_master
03-30-2015, 03:06 AM
What we all learn from here, ladies and gentlemen, is to never get ahead of urself.

Farming should be done the way its meant to be done. You start off with the little easy things then as u start gearing up u take small steps to climb up the farming pyramid. As soon as u decide to skip a step you must face the simple fact that you might actually end up taking 2 steps back instead of that 1 step ahead.

To the op, start from scratch now, run easy maps accumulate enough ankhs and kits for more difficult elites. Then farm those elites and buy better gear. Then when you have decent gear go run some planar tombs. This time don't go about using anything more than 3 ankhs a run. To actually turn a profit in planar tombs you need to remember that efficieny is key, that can only be achieved when u have the minimum gear everyone tells u, u need to have to run planar.

Tip: elite back and km3>elite kraken > elite shuyal and tindirin>planar. Do NOT forget to collect the free elixirs u might get from ur allies(shazbot & klaas).

P.S.: farming can become gambling when u start farming something that u can't run indefinetly and u expect to get lucky in ur first 10 tries.
I am quite well equipped to run tombs but can't turn over any profit these days. I do go ankhless in tombs, as well as 4 in one run..so an average its 2 a run.
Problem with planar is I can't run indefinitely. Its 20min a run and that is when every player is experienced with tombs(i had a party member who followed me to my parked giants and started attacking them -.-).
However at everypoint in the game i have been helped by in-game buddies to reach this point. Even with good gear my own farming musn't be more than a few 100k after 2 months.Either way this post was just a highlight of my own experience here and that not everyone is lucky or needs to be to have fun
P.S. Those noob mistakes were a good point in the game. That happiness on looting epic stuff, the equal disrribution of points in str,dex and int were bitter sweet memories. I tried alts but i just cant have as much fun as i had on my first try :)

mxzgrawp
03-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Lucky ba**ard lol