PDA

View Full Version : A player's perspective of 1v1 PvP arena.

savaage
03-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Greetings legends!
As a fellow gamer like all of u, PvP was one my favourite passtime in Arcane legends apart from pVE. As a twink however it wasn't quite easy for me to prevent myself from the most commonly faced situation in every PvP maps I. E getting ganged by enemy clans which I believe that every pvp'er has to face it almost anytime during the game. Apart from this there were few decent and good enemy players who'd agree to versus in game even if they have pretty good chance to gang you, but if their clan has some kind of built up rage over time against you then they might not allow you to versus their members and in the end they 'll gang you up which might be quite annoying sometimes.

Recently I came through one post in this sub-forum which mentioned the need of an arena just like the TDM or ctf but instead it would have to be purely 1v1 based. It made me think of how it would be possible for a PvP zone/map which 'll allow two individual players to versus each other without facing gang ups or in other words pure versus between two gamers with gang immunity during the duel. After sometime I came up with an idea of an arena which could come for the rescue of 1v1 by fulfilling the above conditions.

I have also made some rough sketches of it to make my idea as clear as possible to each one of you.
Please allow me to introduce the only arena of its kind The octagon. Heres the sketch of how it 'll look like in mini map.
(P. S -please don't be disappointed if the above pic cannot show itself fully due to some upload errors as I 'll upload more sketches of it later on).
Now if you look at the above sketch if it's completely visible without any errors during the upload you can see that there's an octagonal arena where two individual players can vs each other without being interrupted by other players.
There are few rectangular block like structures which are attached to each side of the total number of side's of the octagonal arena which I have termed as The cell. Here's the sketch of it.
There 'll be total number of 8 cells comprising the octagon and 4 cells 'll be allotted to each team just as the "sides" in TDM death match where each team can have upto 4 players at the most. The main purpose of the cell 'll be to contain players and to prevent them from entering the arena during any ongoing duel. From the above sketches you might notice that there's an unique vortex base inside each cell where the vortex crystal 'll spawn and remain for two secs and after that it ll disappear and 'll spawn into the vortex base of the next cell of each team. The spawning ll start from cell 1 and ll continue till cell 4 after which it 'll repeat its cycle until unless it's being grabbed by the desired player in his cell within 2 secs of time for those who wants to duel in the arena.

Here's another sketch of the vortex crystal and it's base which I have made.

The gameplay
The player can choose sides just like in the TDM or the CTF and 'll be given the cell 1 of his/her side if he/she is the first one to join on that side after which the rest of the cells ll be filled by the players based on the time of their joining starting from cell 1. Whichever team first completes the filling of each of their total number of cells 'll get the first choice to send their player through vortex spawning for duel into the arena. The players from each team 'll have to enter the arena holding the respective vortex crystal of their team. After killing the opponent the player has to return the vortex dropped by his opponent by taking it into his vortex base after which the gate of his cell 'll close and the score of his team ll be uploaded on to the score box and after which the vortex spawning of both of the teams 'll resume. The target score for this map 'll be 10 unlike 5 in ctf and 20 in TDM.

Whichever team hits the target score first 'll surely be the victorious one. Suppose if one of the players gets DC during the duel then his opponent 'll have to return the vortex of his team in the above similar manner to continue the match but the score 'll not be counted. There's yet another thing which I would like to include in my idea which is that the player who joins first in any side 'll hv an option to enter their guild name and their alley for the first time and to update it whenever they can during game play so that the server 'll only allow players from his/her guild and alleys to his/her side during the next time when he/she joins.

That's all folks!
I hope u all enjoyed :)
(P. S- just an imaginative idea, please do feel free to comment, and sts do feel free to implement the above idea of mine if you guys plan to roll out something like this.)
Ign: mastertejako
Guild: dunno

Kingofninjas
03-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Sounds legit! Me likey.

Twinisland
03-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Best geared will win, if a geared player comes across a skilled player he'll quit yet that'll be the same person calling everyone else noob. Trust me I played something like this before also gears are why this idea will suck, this is a great idea but this isn't the game more kill farming will happen.

PS: (off subject lol just wanted to say this) MAKE A MMO THAT'S NOT ALL ABOUT GEAR, if there is one pm me the name of game I'll try it out ;)

Gbruss
03-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Remimded me of Gladiator days. Where the strongest challenges everyone single person til he dies

epicrrr
03-30-2015, 02:22 AM
Hi can you please adjust the text formatting please put paragraph its hard to read. ty

savaage
03-30-2015, 03:32 AM
Hello epirr!
I hv reformatted the texts into paragraphs as per your request. I hope that u 'll hv no problem reading it now :)
Regards

mrshield
04-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Greetings legends!
As a fellow gamer like all of u, PvP was one my favourite passtime in Arcane legends apart from pVE. As a twink however it wasn't quite easy for me to prevent myself from the most commonly faced situation in every PvP maps I. E getting ganged by enemy clans which I believe that every pvp'er has to face it almost anytime during the game. Apart from this there were few decent and good enemy players who'd agree to versus in game even if they have pretty good chance to gang you, but if their clan has some kind of built up rage over time against you then they might not allow you to versus their members and in the end they 'll gang you up which might be quite annoying sometimes.

Recently I came through one post in this sub-forum which mentioned the need of an arena just like the TDM or ctf but instead it would have to be purely 1v1 based. It made me think of how it would be possible for a PvP zone/map which 'll allow two individual players to versus each other without facing gang ups or in other words pure versus between two gamers with gang immunity during the duel. After sometime I came up with an idea of an arena which could come for the rescue of 1v1 by fulfilling the above conditions.

I have also made some rough sketches of it to make my idea as clear as possible to each one of you.
Please allow me to introduce the only arena of its kind The octagon. Heres the sketch of how it 'll look like in mini map.
(P. S -please don't be disappointed if the above pic cannot show itself fully due to some upload errors as I 'll upload more sketches of it later on).
Now if you look at the above sketch if it's completely visible without any errors during the upload you can see that there's an octagonal arena where two individual players can vs each other without being interrupted by other players.
There are few rectangular block like structures which are attached to each side of the total number of side's of the octagonal arena which I have termed as The cell. Here's the sketch of it.
There 'll be total number of 8 cells comprising the octagon and 4 cells 'll be allotted to each team just as the "sides" in TDM death match where each team can have upto 4 players at the most. The main purpose of the cell 'll be to contain players and to prevent them from entering the arena during any ongoing duel. From the above sketches you might notice that there's an unique vortex base inside each cell where the vortex crystal 'll spawn and remain for two secs and after that it ll disappear and 'll spawn into the vortex base of the next cell of each team. The spawning ll start from cell 1 and ll continue till cell 4 after which it 'll repeat its cycle until unless it's being grabbed by the desired player in his cell within 2 secs of time for those who wants to duel in the arena.

Here's another sketch of the vortex crystal and it's base which I have made.

The gameplay
The player can choose sides just like in the TDM or the CTF and 'll be given the cell 1 of his/her side if he/she is the first one to join on that side after which the rest of the cells ll be filled by the players based on the time of their joining starting from cell 1. Whichever team first completes the filling of each of their total number of cells 'll get the first choice to send their player through vortex spawning for duel into the arena. The players from each team 'll have to enter the arena holding the respective vortex crystal of their team. After killing the opponent the player has to return the vortex dropped by his opponent by taking it into his vortex base after which the gate of his cell 'll close and the score of his team ll be uploaded on to the score box and after which the vortex spawning of both of the teams 'll resume. The target score for this map 'll be 10 unlike 5 in ctf and 20 in TDM.

Whichever team hits the target score first 'll surely be the victorious one. Suppose if one of the players gets DC during the duel then his opponent 'll have to return the vortex of his team in the above similar manner to continue the match but the score 'll not be counted. There's yet another thing which I would like to include in my idea which is that the player who joins first in any side 'll hv an option to enter their guild name and their alley for the first time and to update it whenever they can during game play so that the server 'll only allow players from his/her guild and alleys to his/her side during the next time when he/she joins.

That's all folks!
I hope u all enjoyed :)
(P. S- just an imaginative idea, please do feel free to comment)
Guild: dunno
Nc i like that

HotttSauce
04-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Savaage,

I GIVE YOU PROPS! You took the time, energy & effort to draw & explain this new idea of yours out. THAT IS SUPER COOL. Ppl that criticize need to show what things they recommend to bring additional improvements to AL the way that Savaage has. I am really impressed, your illustrations are cool & it shows the luv you have for Arcane Legends & the gaming community.
We need MORE ppl like savaage and others in past post that have taken the time to help improve this game for us ALL to enjoy.
"WHERE'S your NEW IDEA?" That's the way a MMO like this grows and becomes better QUALITY.

WELL DONE!

savaage
04-11-2015, 01:30 AM
Ty guys :) i hope sts ll implement something like this very soon.

Sundar Moorthi
04-11-2015, 02:55 AM
Nice skilled player kill gud gear players

Sundar Moorthi
04-11-2015, 02:57 AM
nice sketch though :-)