PDA

View Full Version : Rumors

Dragoonclaws
03-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Hello,

2 different people told that they got scammed in a trade box. The guy was selling an egg, they put their money, accept in both sides... and the seller goes away with both the egg and the money. Are you hearing this from people too? I went to the egg seller to find out how he scammed, but he did everything to avoid me. I can't confirm this, so please let's work together to find out if this is true. Scams must not exist.

Dragoonclaws
03-29-2015, 08:28 PM
I informed a friend about the issue and tried to "scam" his 100 gold with my horton egg. I can't find how to take off the egg from the trade box after clicking accept for the first time.

Overweightank
03-29-2015, 08:39 PM
I don't understand.... Is there a bug? or is this a normal scam? If it's normal just tell StS or something... Doesn't really matter too much at this point. :hopelessness:

Arvaen
03-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a sob story/passive begging to me.

Dragoonclaws
03-29-2015, 08:56 PM
I don't know. People telling me they got scammed in a trade window... so I was kinda worried. It can be possible that they do this so we give them stuff.. but what if it's right? See what I mean? I call you guys to investigate on this with me.

Wazakesy
03-29-2015, 09:57 PM
I don't know. People telling me they got scammed in a trade window... so I was kinda worried. It can be possible that they do this so we give them stuff.. but what if it's right? See what I mean? I call you guys to investigate on this with me.

Hmm..PM remiem, and see what the issue is - try talking with brandon(i mean G-M, i keep reading those spacetime rundowns..). Maybe they need to QA test this issue...

Or the ones whom you spoke with mustve just blind traded?

Schnitzel
03-29-2015, 10:05 PM
Hmm..PM remiem, and see what the issue is - try talking with brandon(i mean G-M, i keep reading those spacetime rundowns..). Maybe they need to QA test this issue...

Or the ones whom you spoke with mustve just blind traded?

I think:
Brandon = Gnosis
G-M = Greg (at least thats what a Spacetime Rundown thread said..)

Mr.Diamante
03-29-2015, 10:19 PM
That's weird.. After clicking accept for the first time and boom you got scam.. I hope sts will investigate this asap.

Wazakesy
03-29-2015, 10:46 PM
I think:
Brandon = Gnosis
G-M = Greg (at least thats what a Spacetime Rundown thread said..)

Slipped

Kakashis
03-30-2015, 12:54 AM
could have been lag and they clicked the button by accident, who knows... as far as I know, no one has developed a hack for these peer to server and back games. Heck it's almost impossible and most likely myth or due to lag

kona
03-30-2015, 12:59 AM
^there is bug on phone cuz of lag in input keyboard

Kyle Holmes
03-30-2015, 01:46 AM
Even so don't you have to click confirm once again after you've confirmed it once. You get to check the items being traded once more time and can cancel if they are not right

kona
03-30-2015, 02:33 AM
its the seller who sells the egg but doesnt recieve gold....check before clicking on confirm second time to avoid this..cant call it a bug,just a vulnerability in trade

Fyrce
03-30-2015, 03:52 AM
There is a reason there is a 2-level confirm.

Always pause and check the 2nd confirm window, even when it's a fast trade. So far, I've been able to do fast trades PLUS check the entire screen before clicking on the 2nd confirm.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes there's lag and people just keep clicking. The 2 confirm buttons generally do not overlap, so clicking on one screen does not confirm the 2nd one. However, it's possible on smaller screens, you might hit the 2nd button when you're constantly tapping Confirm for the 1st screen and there's lag.

It's also possible if you are clicking repeatedly, that you click when the other person has changed the deal. Always check before clicking any Confirm button.

You can always send the other person the message that you are lagged if you think you are being too slow.

I have not had any problems and I did a lot of trades during the last event. I like clean trades. Anything funky going on with the other person and I'm out of there. If they cancel trades, change the window too much, anything hinky, I'm out. If their chat is extra suspicious, I also put them on my ignore list. Hopefully now that we are ignoring their entire account, I will never encounter them again. I also don't like price and/or item changes, so anything along those lines, I am also out.

The best mindset to have: You should always be willing to walk away from a deal.

Dragoonclaws
03-30-2015, 08:25 AM

Always pause and check the 2nd confirm window, even when it's a fast trade. So far, I've been able to do fast trades PLUS check the entire screen before clicking on the 2nd confirm.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes there's lag and people just keep clicking. The 2 confirm buttons generally do not overlap, so clicking on one screen does not confirm the 2nd one. However, it's possible on smaller screens, you might hit the 2nd button when you're constantly tapping Confirm for the 1st screen and there's lag.

It's also possible if you are clicking repeatedly, that you click when the other person has changed the deal. Always check before clicking any Confirm button.

You can always send the other person the message that you are lagged if you think you are being too slow.

I have not had any problems and I did a lot of trades during the last event. I like clean trades. Anything funky going on with the other person and I'm out of there. If they cancel trades, change the window too much, anything hinky, I'm out. If their chat is extra suspicious, I also put them on my ignore list. Hopefully now that we are ignoring their entire account, I will never encounter them again. I also don't like price and/or item changes, so anything along those lines, I am also out.

The best mindset to have: You should always be willing to walk away from a deal.

I read this and you made me think of something:

Sometime, I click on accept, but the trade isn't accepted. I have to click many times. I always thought that STS made a little system so the game doesn't recognize accidental clicks, or to give us a hint that the trade isn'T very fair... but now that we're talking about it, is it caused by lag? Because if someone can use this temporary lag and remove the item while the other is trying to click on accept... it might cause the problem. I noticed that only player has the lag problem, the other one has a quick trade. I think STS should do something about this. The delay time must be same for both anyways.

could have been lag and they clicked the button by accident, who knows... as far as I know, no one has developed a hack for these peer to server and back games. Heck it's almost impossible and most likely myth or due to lag

Many times, I keep spamming the accept button and end up accidently clicking accept in the second window too. The trades were fair, I checked all my trades. I can't really tell for the people who lost their money. Good points here.

Guys, If you hear anything like this from other players, go check that so called scammer and take a look at the situation (if you have time for that).

Dex Scene
03-30-2015, 11:47 AM
These are mostly made up stories! I encountered them alot. Its a passive sympathy getting skills with full make up story upgrade!

mxzgrawp
03-30-2015, 11:53 AM
I personally tried it too while trading with my rogue.It did Not work.As pressing cancel Button to change the value of money,it canceled other's offer,and mine too,making the lower value pretty much noticeable,same in "Are you sure? "Box. So until I don't See it it stays a myth for me.

jorpox
03-30-2015, 02:34 PM
o.O omg, I thought I was the only one with that problem (pressing on accept and nothing happens):banghead:

Fyrce
03-30-2015, 03:43 PM
I usually do have to press the 1st Accept multiple times. Usually 2-3 times, sometimes more. However, if you wait a bit before pressing it, that helps. Or wait in between presses.

I've never accidentally confirmed on the 2nd screen, but I always wondered whether that was possible on the small screens of phones. I don't like small screens so I usually play on bigger screen.

I think if that does happen to you, maybe try pressing the 1st Accept more to the left of the button? See if you can miss the 2nd screen's Accept space, so you don't accidentally tap the 2nd confirm until you want to.

Imsofancy
03-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Huge thumbs?

Jhawkeye
03-30-2015, 04:21 PM

Based on this theoretically if a person's screen was smaller and the buttons overlap, if a scammer were to in some way cause a lag on the person's network, whilst allowing button clicks to go through it is possible to be scammed if the user clicks multiple times. I'm not going to tell how this is possible because that would implant ideas, however this is possible by someone highly skilled in networking, although unlikely, it can happen, especially if the person is accessing the game from an unsecure network.

carmine_blade
03-30-2015, 04:26 PM
I think it's a scam. I gave a guildie a few k because he said he had been scammed like this, next minute, poof! he's left the guild.

Dragoonclaws
03-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Looks like a new made up story. Now that we're all aware about this, I guess we can answer correctly to those who get "scammed". Easy to get scammed... but easier to act like a victim.

Case closed.

Overweightank
03-30-2015, 07:29 PM

if its just normal scam like every day, why make it such a big issue? lol , just leave it. Getting scammed is very hard. These days scams are easy to detect due to experience. Just tell Remi or leave the issue alone, up to you. Just make sure you're not doing someone's dirty work, thats why I just ignore. Cussing and stuff isn't something I'd ban someone for. Scamming a maul or something sure.

Dragoonclaws
03-30-2015, 07:44 PM
I am not gonna bug Remiem for a story like this. She can't really do anything about it... it's the people's mentality. I actually noticed that there is an auto-classification machine at supports. If the message has [scam] in it's title, the case is automatically solved... weird... and when I reopen it, Brandon goes "we take the cases seriously and can't talk about it blah blah blah..." They can't do anything about it, so let's be immune to it. That's the purpose of this thread. No names given, but the story is analyzed and made public to all.

Seoratrek
03-30-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm going to point out the following from our Reimbursement/Return Policy (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/962029-reimbursement-return-policy):

Trades

Spacetime Studios does not arbitrate trade disputes. All trades are considered final. It is the players responsibility to verify a trade before they accept it.
Items traded or sold to another player either accidentally or intentionally will not be reimbursed.
Trade scams are not allowed, if you feel you are scammed please report the player and include a detailed description.

That being said, if you believe there are any bugs in the game itself or have been scammed, the people you'll need to contact is our support team. Please e-mail them at support@spacetimestudios.com with the details. Always double check before confirming a trade!

Thanks!