PDA

View Full Version : PowerLeveling?

He1p
03-20-2011, 12:57 PM
I need powerleveled on my bird the IGN is WaterBong. I will pay 1k per level after level 25.

Keohike
03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Why don't you just join games instead of posting on here. I leveled from Level 10 to 53 basically by powerlevel, i didnt pay or ask ask anyone. Lol Also 1 k is too little. No one wants to waste time to plvl for 1 k a level. When i started to plvl ppl my price was 2 k 1 keeper run.
PS. If your your gona do things that ppl dont approve of at least be smart bout it.

Keohike

KingFu
03-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Why don't you level normally? That is PLAYING the GAME. Wise words of Snake, if you don't enjoy leveling, you won't enjoy the cap. Life is a journey, not a destination ~JustG. No reason to power level. You wont know how to play, and you won't enjoy the game.

Pharcyde
03-20-2011, 07:28 PM
I like how people are paying even less money for levels now that it takes way longer to level with the new exp limits. Used to be 2.5k per level past 25 pal.

Keohike
03-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Why don't you level normally? That is PLAYING the GAME. Wise words of Snake, if you don't enjoy leveling, you won't enjoy the cap. Life is a journey, not a destination ~JustG. No reason to power level. You wont know how to play, and you won't enjoy the game.

Everyone enjoys games differently. Why does everyone have to impose their "way" of enjoying the game? Just because you enjoy the game by slowly leveling doesn't mean that is the only way to enjoy the game. Now that i am level 55 and can play all map without dying that much, i solo most of the quest. I think its way more fun, but its just "My gaming experience" doesn't make it right or wrong. And even though i am not a "PRO" i know how to play.
PS. Just cuz a "dev" see there is no point in plvl, it is after all his opinion, we the "customer" can enjoy the game in anyway we see fit.
Keohike

Diodge
03-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Everyone enjoys games differently. Why does everyone have to impose their "way" of enjoying the game? Just because you enjoy the game by slowly leveling doesn't mean that is the only way to enjoy the game. Now that i am level 55 and can play all map without dying that much, i solo most of the quest. I think its way more fun, but its just "My gaming experience" doesn't make it right or wrong. And even though i am not a "PRO" i know how to play.
PS. Just cuz a "dev" see there is no point in plvl, it is after all his opinion, we the "customer" can enjoy the game in anyway we see fit.
Keohike
Your doing the same. Telling people to power level.

Why don't you just join games instead of posting on here. I leveled from Level 10 to 53 basically by powerlevel, i didnt pay or ask ask anyone. Lol Also 1 k is too little. No one wants to waste time to plvl for 1 k a level. When i started to plvl ppl my price was 2 k 1 keeper run.
PS. If your your gona do things that ppl dont approve of at least be smart bout it.
Keohike

Hmmm well stuff happens, i am on for little while Keohike, i am lvl 55 mage, I am NOT pro, add me if you want i help you finish your quest if you want. When i get booted i really dont care anymore, cuz when i started playing i level to 10 bymyself then from 10 -like 53 i just jump in keepers and every like 10 times i get booted 8 times hahah.
Keohike

Next "Why does everyone have to impose their "way" of enjoying the game?"
You say you didnt ask anyone with a lol. Then in a diferent thread you said you would just enter keeper games starting at lvl10. In my eyes that is messin with someones game that was forced to level you, leave, or boot.
.................................................. ......................

I dont like power leveling. But Why tell people to just go into games and let people deal with you? Then you give him/her a price on how much they should pay. LMAO(you did it free. If noone will do it for 1k. How do you think people felt when you did it?)

This guy/girl atleast came on forums and posted they would pay someone. They didnt force people to play different. There paying someone to come and help them play different.

(I guess that night in chat was true. I thought you were just messin around.)

Keohike
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Lol wow you differently put alot of effort in ur post. But i dun noe what you trying to get at?

Lesrider
03-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Keohike, there is NO way going back and doing the quest when you're overpowered for them is more fun than doing them at the right level. It's why so many of us didn't get much fun out of the Swamp quests when they came out after we were already lvl 50.
There's a reason you were bored after 2 weeks of playing. You say now you're enjoying doing the quests backwards, but I think any fun you're getting from it is because it's the first time you're actually PLAYING the game. Jumping in at lvl 10 to lvl 45-50 maps to leech off others is not playing.

Considering most people who stuck with the game for months, not just weeks, were those of us who actually played through instead of powerleveling, I don't think you should be advising others to powerlevel like you did.

Keohike
03-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Keohike, there is NO way going back and doing the quest when you're overpowered for them is more fun than doing them at the right level. It's why so many of us didn't get much fun out of the Swamp quests when they came out after we were already lvl 50.
There's a reason you were bored after 2 weeks of playing. You say now you're enjoying doing the quests backwards, but I think any fun you're getting from it is because it's the first time you're actually PLAYING the game. Jumping in at lvl 10 to lvl 45-50 maps to leech off others is not playing.

Considering most people who stuck with the game for months, not just weeks, were those of us who actually played through instead of powerleveling, I don't think you should be advising others to powerlevel like you did.

Ah ok im not advising but if people want to get plvl then do it. Every MMO ppl power level, so what the big idea, why the big issue now? Seem to me the pros are just stuck up. I leech off ppl and now ppl can leech off me. Im not a hippocrate..

Lesrider
03-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Ah ok im not advising but if people want to get plvl then do it. Every MMO ppl power level, so what the big idea, why the big issue now? Seem to me the pros are just stuck up. I leech off ppl and now ppl can leech off me. Im not a hippocrate..

I just explained it to you.

Keohike
03-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I just explained it to you.

I didnt ask u to explain to me.

Moogerfooger
03-20-2011, 11:36 PM

Just because "every MMO ppl power lvl" doesn't make it "right", and every game these power-leveled players and leeches are universally looked down on because most have no idea what they are doing and drag parties down due to not having as much skill usually as a player who has played through and learned the game.

Pros aren't stuck up, they just appreciate people who took the time to learn the game, not jack other peoples games by forcing a boot/lv message/leeching.

Leeches = auto-boot whenever one joins a game I am hosting. Lazy and good for usually not a whole lot.

Keohike
03-20-2011, 11:40 PM
LOL oh looks like im up against all the pros. Well only other game similar to PL i played is D2 and everyone goes straight to plvl.
I see the argument will be endless.
So im my opinion i dun give a #$%# if anyone power level, if you want to go for it. I will help anyone power level, if i have the time. As for all other points of view that your your problem.

Yours truly
Keohike

Lesrider
03-20-2011, 11:41 PM
I just realized you edited your post before I responded.
Calling people who don't like leeches "stuck up?" I have nothing more to say to you. Enjoy doing Forest Haven quests with your lvl 55.

Keohike
03-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I just realized you edited your post before I responded.
Calling people who don't like leeches "stuck up?" I have nothing more to say to you. Enjoy doing Forest Haven quests with your lvl 55.

I will enjoy Forest Haven with my lvl 55 mage with all my heart. lol

Diodge
03-21-2011, 01:15 AM
LOL oh looks like im up against all the pros. Well only other game similar to PL i played is D2 and everyone goes straight to plvl.
I see the argument will be endless.
So im my opinion i dun give a #$%# if anyone power level, if you want to go for it. I will help anyone power level, if i have the time. As for all other points of view that your your problem.

Yours truly
Keohike

Im not against you and deff not a pro. but

The posts you make are how you feel in a short time line of playing PL plvl (900+). You are a perfect picture of what I have seen in just my short time in PL happen.
Im just trying to change the view on playing a game in the fast lane.

.I might not like it.
..It is STS world.
....They let us play here.
......There rules.
.B.....They let us debate on forums to maybe have changes put in.
..L......If your gona give me ammo against how I feel.
...I.......I will use it. Its nothing personal.
....N.......Yes im madd I had to boot low lvl friends because all they wanted was plvl.
.....G...........They seen it on the forums.
...........I will never like plvl!!!!...

(If your gona plvl there is still a right way to do it.) The post about just enter zones was ..

Redbridge
03-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Hey Keo (i feel like i'm disagreeing with you loads today. Sorry buddy - LOL)

You repeatedly ask the same question. Why is it not ok to power level......?

Please think why.... If you aren't able to work it out then everyone else in these endless posts previously and all the future posts are proved right even more.....

There is no replacement for experience....... SIMPLE..... Whilst you personally may be able to level swiftly and have the ability to level quickly, do you think that applies to everyone? or even half of the new players??? Do you think everyone who power levels will be a good player? One you would like to run regularly with??

When you get a new group and your running a quest or attempting to kill a certain boss, will these swiftly levelled players, know the need to let people know what room you're in in VL, or where to farm for a particular pink, or that begging is frowned upon, or what combos there are, what is good lvl 30 gear, and what is rubbish (so dont try to trade it with lvl56's they really don't need it) or that stopping to offer a trade mid boss fight is a bit silly.... I could go on but won't.... I reckon you get the theme...

The problem is that if we all create a good welcoming environment, where people can learn the game properly, where they know where to find out info and pick up a good grounding of the key skills required it will make a better place for everyone...

It is definitely an individual journey for each player but I wouldn't put you on a 1000cc motorbike and show you the track on day one.... It would be very messy. I'd show you the tricks and tips to ride a bike fast and ease you in.... By power levelling people without any other help its gonna get messy...

I'm glad you're offering your services for the newer members, that's great but make sure you consider all the implications of how your going to integrate them into the game. What fundamentals are you going to show them. Where are they going to find the answers when your not around..

Basically, are you going to show them the motorway route or the country lane route, both ways get you there but you wont have a clue what you went past if you go on the motorway.....

If your levelling post, included a bit of info about how, whilst ur are levelling people you would also show them other stuff like the forums, the quests, crafting, good tips, etc... You might get a better reaction from folks as we all want the same thing.... To have some fun, on a game we enjoy, surrounded by similar people...

I'm stopping before I start getting all Buddhist and stuff.... PM me if you wanna discuss further...

EDIT - PS Really sorry He1p for derailing your thread, good luck and take a look at the link in my sig for a collection of all the really useful guides, list, tips, etc some top people on here have written...

davidis57
03-21-2011, 02:19 AM
This is very true I found lvl 50+ players who dont understand their skill set. I have seen mages who dont use AOE skills, archers who dont root, and warriors who dont use beckon. They make small parties, invite or allow low levels who cant help, and leave when they die. I removed some players, who were on my list, who just are really poor players. Powerleveling doesnt teach them anything its like cheating on a test in school.

Sky../
03-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Yeah, powerlevellig is like cheating in school. What's the point in gettin all As when deep inside you yourself know that you learned nothing. When you come to the real world, people will know that you know nothing. Your grades will be unimportant.

Fyrce
03-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Maybe everyone is just wondering what game a powerleveler is playing.

If they are skipping 95% of this game, Pocket Legends, then what are they really doing here? I think maybe we are all curious.
Or we are all trying to help people to enjoy the 95% of the game which for some reason these people are blind to...?

Or maybe we think these people are misinformed about what this game is about -- playing the areas, making friends -- and we are trying to inform them. Skipping to the end game means they finish quicker with no friends and then wonder why the game is so boring or so hard or both.

If a player is new to PL, but then skips most of it to just run one section of one area over and over, while hiding behind someone else but mistakenly thinking they are killing anything at all, then they are missing so much of this game that it's a wonder they think PL is fun at all.

Caire-boo
03-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Ahhh if only every player could read Redbridges well written post. I would like to add to the person who said they would rather go back at 50+ and do all the quests, that it can be incredibly irritating for those of us who don't want to power level, to be part way through a forest haven (or other low lvl area) with a good group then have a high level come in and one hit everything. Don't assume that because you want to speed through that everybody else does. I loved the levelling part so much (where you meet people and grow together) that I have gone through every quest on Mage & Archer, and am now doing the same with bear.

I must also add that as a 37 year old who has been playing mmorpg's since the year dot, I have learnt so much from the levelling process. Every game is different, and every class within that game is different and each require playing through to learn the spectrum of skills required.