PDA

View Full Version : Kill Count Requirements for Armor

noneo
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
I think creating items with a kill count requirement would be a great addition to the game.

For Example, to wield a pink "Super Mega Awesome Wand", you would need to have over 15,000 kills. And for the "Super Duper Mega Awesome Wand", you would need to have over 25,000 kills. Only the most elite can get the weapon with over 100,000 kill requirement.

Players would only be able to wear the items if you kill count is at or above a certain number.

It would reduce leeching (Since players have to actually take the front lines and kill, instead of sitting in the back and not participating), and would cause people to care more about their kills instead of just their level.

Shoot, STS could even make them cost plat so they could gain a bit more revenue.

I think it would be a pretty motivating way to get players to take charge of their toon and really gain experience in the game.

What do you guys think?

Pharcyde
03-20-2011, 05:25 PM
I like, but I don't like at the same time.

Advantages:
makes leaches actually have to try for gear

Disadvantages:
Bears struggle to get kills
Some people are expert kill stealers, like me - got 67 kills in hideout on one run.
Some people don't understand the mechanics of getting kills
Some people kill steal on accident, like chilling in the back of the group and casting their spells after the mobs been damaged
Players who run in the front and take the brunt of aggro will get kill stealed.

Arterra
03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
wrong. sorry, wrong. i might as well flame you for the future people, but factually

I think creating items with a kill count requirement would be a great addition to the game.

For Example, to wield a pink "Super Mega Awesome Wand", you would need to have over 15,000 kills. And for the "Super Duper Mega Awesome Wand", you would need to have over 25,000 kills. Only the most elite can get the weapon with over 100,000 kill requirement.

Players would only be able to wear the items if you kill count is at or above a certain number.

It would reduce leeching (Since players have to actually take the front lines and kill, instead of sitting in the back and not participating), and would cause people to care more about their kills instead of just their level.

then we just instead of power level power kill. heck, its more easy to power kill since you just park at level 53, get gear, and just mash you way thru keeper runs. you think those people with 100k+ kills got them naturally in a reasonable amount of time? either power-killed, or have been on forever. and yes, i cannot kill steal for the life of me. half the time my fire doesnt even hit the mobs...

Shoot, STS could even make them cost plat so they could gain a bit more revenue.

I think it would be a pretty motivating way to get players to take charge of their toon and really gain experience in the game.

What do you guys think?

main draw of game is how best weps and gear DONT cost plat so the average player can be just as good as the rest of them. that is the opposite of the game's values, sorry.

Lesrider
03-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Not to mention th problems it would cause like booting for reasons: "Stole my kills!"

Survivorfan
03-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I like, but I don't like at the same time.

Advantages:
makes leaches actually have to try for gear

Disadvantages:
Bears struggle to get kills
Some people are expert kill stealers, like me - got 67 kills in hideout on one run.
Some people don't understand the mechanics of getting kills
Some people kill steal on accident, like chilling in the back of the group and casting their spells after the mobs been damaged
Players who run in the front and take the brunt of aggro will get kill stealed.
Completely agree, my bear only has 3k kills, not a mynas gen, because I grew up with two handed swords
what a mistake that was

noneo
03-20-2011, 08:56 PM
wrong. sorry, wrong. i might as well flame you for the future people, but factually
Don't know what you mean by "Wrong". it's a suggestion, not something that I am saying is right.

then we just instead of power level power kill. heck, its more easy to power kill since you just park at level 53, get gear, and just mash you way thru keeper runs. you think those people with 100k+ kills got them naturally in a reasonable amount of time? either power-killed, or have been on forever. and yes, i cannot kill steal for the life of me. half the time my fire doesnt even hit the mobs...

Sure there are a select few that will "Power Kill", but there are also a lot more players that play normally. Yes, people would train to get more kills, but that is what the game is all about, achieving your goals. If your goal is to have 100k kills to get a weapon, then so be it.

Conradin
03-20-2011, 08:58 PM
I have a bear that's been here since second week and I have 10k kills... Try getting kills on a bear when ao3 first came out- rotfl

Arterra
03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Sure there are a select few that will "Power Kill", but there are also a lot more players that play normally. Yes, people would train to get more kills, but that is what the game is all about, achieving your goals. If your goal is to have 100k kills to get a weapon, then so be it.

where you here for the release of ao2? pretty much all lv45's where suspect for powerleveling. all.

WhoIsThis
03-20-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm forced to say that the advantages outweigh the drawbacks. It's a good attempt, but it won't work well in practice. It will also encourage a lot of kill stealing.

Sky../
03-21-2011, 02:39 AM
Completely agree, my bear only has 3k kills, not a mynas gen, because I grew up with two handed swords
what a mistake that was

Lol. Played wih you yesterday. So that's why. Been wondering why you had such a low kill count. I thought you were powerlevelled.

Necrobane
03-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Sorry, as much as I love the idea. It is too late for that now. In the Ao2 Expansion there were loads of people who ran the same lvl with a damage pot to get their kills up like chaudex. You could literaly 2 hit the guys. This would be unfair as some people got to like 100k kills at that time.

Survivorfan
03-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Lol. Played wih you yesterday. So that's why. Been wondering why you had such a low kill count. I thought you were powerlevelled.
No, towards the end of AO2 I started switching to one handed and shields. The djinn blade was too good for me to give up.

Hullukko
03-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Not to mention th problems it would cause like booting for reasons: "Stole my kills!"

Which already happens in pvp...

On my second day playing pvp I got raped for "stealing" some ***-hat's kills while I thought I was helping him out in a team effort.
He did not only screw me then and there, but came back on another map to fkuc me over. Haven't touched pvp since.