PDA

View Full Version : CTF vs. Arena

Sheugokin
03-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Can we all agree that "a pro" in PL is one who excels in CTF?

I mean, I'm sure half of the pallies have like 2:1 arena KDR but hides his/her stats for CTF. Hmm...

Why is CTF harder?

1. Need to know skill range regardless of stadium
2. CORRECT utilization of skills especially birds and mages and bears at a lesser extent. (When to conserve MS and when not to)
3. Kiting.
4. Team fight includes correct timing of skills. Bears knock back all enemies with stomp when their mages/birds are low on health or initiates fights. Mages need to know correct timing to heal.
5. Tanking the flag.

Arena can take as little as 1 min to get to 10.

CTF matches can take ETERNITY because a kill does not matter in the long run.

Anyone agree? Because lately pallies have been pissing me off, saying that they are pro when they can't even tank/peel for the squishies.

Peace,
Sheu "Alex"

synfullmagic_23110
03-30-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't think ctf requires skill....CTF games yes but just being in a ctf game no and it's hella easy to get a positive kd in ctf
JUST SPAWN
Meanwhile in arena you can't really spawn

Mothwing
03-30-2015, 06:32 PM
I mean why does Fam never play CTF...

EDIT: And if they do it's with 3 bears or a combination of bears/pallies.

Groaning
03-30-2015, 06:44 PM
I don't do endgame so I don't do ctf :3

synfullmagic_23110
03-30-2015, 07:19 PM
I don't do endgame so I don't do ctf :3
I don't do endgame most of the time I still do ctf at L51 which us pretty rare to find a game but they're good once I find one

Irishcow
03-30-2015, 07:20 PM
I don't think ctf requires skill....CTF games yes but just being in a ctf game no and it's hella easy to get a positive kd in ctf
JUST SPAWN
Meanwhile in arena you can't really spawn

Spawning= No skill required=not really positive if you don't earn them.

Groaning
03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
I don't do endgame most of the time I still do ctf at L51 which us pretty rare to find a game but they're good once I find one

neva found one

synfullmagic_23110
03-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Spawning= No skill required=not really positive if you don't earn them.
But it is positive is doesn't matter if I boosted or not

Ubernewber
03-30-2015, 10:13 PM
But it is positive is doesn't matter if I boosted or not

Karma buddy, someone will boost off u in ctf to make u less positive.

Spyce
03-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi.

JTZ
03-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Most CTF games at low level are only hosted so they can kick people. A while back Alphablock used to host l15 talon bear only CTF games in private matches and it was quite fun. A lot of strategy was used to time kills so you can actually pull the flag without the other team killing you off spawn.

Rescind
03-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Most CTF games at low level are only hosted so they can kick people. A while back Alphablock used to host l15 talon bear only CTF games in private matches and it was quite fun. A lot of strategy was used to time kills so you can actually pull the flag without the other team killing you off spawn.

His naked+ only melee weapons CTF was better

Mrrobbinhood
03-31-2015, 12:02 AM
am so pro with CTF

synfullmagic_23110
03-31-2015, 12:40 AM
Karma buddy, someone will boost off u in ctf to make u less positive.
Yah ik how it is

synfullmagic_23110
03-31-2015, 02:12 AM
Lower lvl ctf dont exist, so dont judge by that.

I always see to rage quitted fam from ctf, whenever I was in as opponent because in ctf they cant do the things that they are all about including hold spot etc.

corrected bro for u...
Yes they do and I have done like 9-11 ctf games at endgame

Waug
03-31-2015, 02:18 AM
Yes they do and I have done like 9-11 ctf games at endgame

get the meaning plz, its like non str in fam and str in rated m. they exist but percentage is low.

endgame ctf is ctf 90% cases, lower lvl ctf isn't ctf 90% cases, its just coincidence when "u played"

thats a unique matter when u get to azi/ robin like players.

D-:
03-31-2015, 02:54 PM
I agree. People at 56 all say 1v1ing requires so much more skill than ctf. In my opinion, 1v1s don't show skill due to how unbalanced some levels are.

Sheugokin
03-31-2015, 03:12 PM
FFA requires some skill I guess too. And thanks for the responses guys.

AppleNoob
03-31-2015, 03:38 PM
His naked+ only melee weapons CTF was better

Those were interesting. Half the time we couldn't even land our stomps.

End
03-31-2015, 04:44 PM
I think I agree that CTF requires more skill than 1v1s but in this corrupted day and age, I am more impressed with arena KDR then CTf as boosting is still a current issue. Anyways I dont do Ctf cos i do every level except endgame.

Ssneakykills
04-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Ctf is the only thing worth playing these days and a good game of ctf is rare

Ignitedmage
04-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Well i also agree that ctf takes skill but am always stucked with crap foods anyone can farm -_-. So what i have in my team is foods and in my opponent 3pc lust guys, means wtf?

Mrrobbinhood
04-01-2015, 09:00 AM
for me CTF kills is the best

synfullmagic_23110
04-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Well i also agree that ctf takes skill but am always stucked with crap foods anyone can farm -_-. So what i have in my team is foods and in my opponent 3pc lust guys, means wtf?
:'(

Ssneakykills
04-02-2015, 02:30 AM

It's called a challenge players like ayaxl usually get stuck with under geared players or level players but he still plays the game out til 5 flags

End
04-02-2015, 12:27 PM

Im sure your team mates are thinking the same thing

Mrrobbinhood
04-03-2015, 02:18 AM
Im sure your team mates are thinking the same thing

yea lol coz king is food too

Sheugokin
04-03-2015, 11:50 AM
U are food too (when you're not boosting)

represents
04-09-2015, 07:37 PM
bruh most of the time pvp envolves lucks

anahadaz
04-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Obviously a lot of it is luck based, but you really see a skilled player through their range and skill timing knowledge, and also their knowledge of their opponents abilities

Itoopeo
04-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Well in ctf room its more likely to be FFA so its better. In forest fight its very likely someone will be continuously coming for just you with his str set just to get kills.
I was dex and i got bored to lust pallies always follow me and kill me for better kdr because i got 3hit every time.
Now im str and i can run from pallys and kite around for very long time and bears too so that doesnt happen. However I counter dex based characters like birds and some bears so hard now, they dont even dare to try kill me really.

But anyways if theres 4 rooms on the list, always go to rockwall forts if its avaible

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Budapest
04-20-2015, 01:17 PM
I didn't read any of the comments. Just going to throw it out there, that CTF really isn't as hard as you all seemingly make it to be. A CTF game also doesn't determine a person's skill level, seeing how all you do is pick up some flag, then slowly walk it back to a base that's 7-15 seconds away. Arena takes a lot more skill/planning/money. :)

Sheugokin
04-20-2015, 02:25 PM
I didn't read any of the comments. Just going to throw it out there, that CTF really isn't as hard as you all seemingly make it to be. A CTF game also doesn't determine a person's skill level, seeing how all you do is pick up some flag, then slowly walk it back to a base that's 7-15 seconds away. Arena takes a lot more skill/planning/money. :)

Well that seems rather simple doesn't it. What happened to the idea of teamwork? PvP with the "Go" system is solely independent. In "real" CTF matches between so-called "pros," the players would discuss the strategies to defeat the enemy team. (Ex: Target the bird b/c he/she is carrying the team)

It takes more money???? What????

As for arena taking more skill, refer to the argument above ^

Planning? CTF incorporates everything one knows into a teamfight. It is simply NOT just an individual success that will carry a team. (Yes, maybe one particular player is better than others.) But one person may not win the entire game.

Like I said, to excel in CTF you need to know everything that is in Arena. Arena on the other hand does not incorporate everything in CTF (Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time.)

Budapest
04-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Well that seems rather simple doesn't it. What happened to the idea of teamwork? PvP with the "Go" system is solely independent. In "real" CTF matches between so-called "pros," the players would discuss the strategies to defeat the enemy team. (Ex: Target the bird b/c he/she is carrying the team)

Planning? CTF incorporates everything one knows into a teamfight. It is simply NOT just an individual success that will carry a team. (Yes, maybe one particular player is better than others.) But one person may not win the entire game.

Like I said, to excel in CTF you need to know everything that is in Arena. Arena on the other hand does not incorporate everything in CTF (Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time.)

Who uses the "Go" system? Last I remember, the "Go" system was never an actual implication in PvP. People rarely use it these days, even I myself do not use it, nor like it. As for your steadily statements of "real", and "pros", I can apply it to Arena the same way: "In "real" Arena matches between so-called "pros", the players would discuss the strategies to defeat the enemy team. (Ex: Target the bird b/c he/she is carrying the team)."

Yes, it takes more money. A fox with molten gear can capture a flag. A fox with molten gear cannot defeat a Lust Paladin.

As for CTF taking more skill, refer to my argument above ^

Yes. In CTF one person can win the entire game. I'm quite sure any vaguely skilled fox can single handedly win a CTF game with minor team support. It isn't the same in Arena. In Arena you need to know how to kill if you want to ensure a win. In CTF all you need to know is how to stall for an opening to capture the flag, & return it to base. It doesn't matter how skilled your "team" or a "player" is. All that matters is the speed/tank-ness of your class to win in a CTF game. (Exactly why 2 Lust Paladins + 1 Lust Fox/3 Lust Paladins can win any CTF match, no matter what players you choose to fight against it.)

CTF and Arena are two different kinds of PvP categories. You assuming CTF requires all the things you need to know in Arena, is quite false. Seeing how it's quite false, I can say that Arena requires all the things you need to know in CTF, bringing this argument to a never-ending cycle. And yes, all of these things: (Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time) are incorporated in Arena. Arena can span to an amount of ten players in total(5v5), it is not only a consistency of 1v1 standoffs.

Also as a side-note: People who would like to settle differences and see who the better player is usually fight 1v1 in Arena (First to 5/10, or first to X amount of kills). I've never seen two players argue about who is better and exhibit it in a "CTF match", reason being: CTF does not require as much skill as you think. All the more reason why I find your statements quite a one-sided farcical. Please get better points. :uncomfortableness:

Sheugokin
04-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Who uses the "Go" system? Last I remember, the "Go" system was never an actual implication in PvP. People rarely use it these days, even I myself do not use it, nor like it. As for your steadily statements of "real", and "pros", I can apply it to Arena the same way: "In "real" Arena matches between so-called "pros", the players would discuss the strategies to defeat the enemy team. (Ex: Target the bird b/c he/she is carrying the team)."

Yes, it takes more money. A fox with molten gear can capture a flag. A fox with molten gear cannot defeat a Lust Paladin.

Yes. In CTF one person can win the entire game. I'm quite sure any vaguely skilled fox can single handedly win a CTF game with minor team support. It isn't the same in Arena. In Arena you need to know how to kill if you want to ensure a win. In CTF all you need to know is how to stall for an opening to capture the flag, & return it to base. It doesn't matter how skilled your "team" or a "player" is. All that matters is the speed/tank-ness of your class to win in a CTF game. (Exactly why 2 Lust Paladins + 1 Lust Fox/3 Lust Paladins can win any CTF match, no matter what players you choose to fight against it.)

CTF and Arena are two different kinds of PvP categories. You assuming CTF requires all the things you need to know in Arena, is quite false. Seeing how it's quite false, I can say that Arena requires all the things you need to know in CTF, bringing this argument to a never-ending cycle. And yes, all of these things: (Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time) are incorporated in Arena. Arena can span to an amount of ten players in total(5v5), it is not only a consistency of 1v1 standoffs.

Also as a side-note: People who would like to settle differences and see who the better player is usually fight 1v1 in Arena (First to 5/10, or first to X amount of kills). I've never seen two players argue about who is better and exhibit it in a "CTF match", reason being: CTF does not require as much skill as you think. All the more reason why I find your statements quite a one-sided farcical. Please get better points. :uncomfortableness:

You are speaking in such an ideal manner.

Just because you don't say go, doesn't mean everyone won't say go. It has been implemented because of the players. We are the problem for the "Go" system.

In that scenario, yes CTF takes no skills with 3 speed characters. How about a more balanced team? How about 1 of each "standard" class?

And 5v5s, I STILL see go..................

BTW, there are plenty of people that agree with me, so my points are indeed valid, so either you have mistaken or my points are too good to be true :)

I have to go cause this Bio work is just getting to much. Cya.

DivineMoustache
04-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Are we really having an argument over this?

CTF -- MORE TEAMFIGHTING SKILL BASED

ARENA - MORE INDIVIDUALLY FIGHTING SKILL BASED

You're comparing apples to oranges. FFA in Arena is nothing compared to FFA in CTF. However, Arena is where the individual skills are showcased, with the "go" system and often 1v1 rushing.

Budapest
04-20-2015, 09:02 PM

Just because you don't say go, doesn't mean everyone won't say go. It has been implemented because of the players. We are the problem for the "Go" system.

In that scenario, yes CTF takes no skills with 3 speed characters. How about a more balanced team? How about 1 of each "standard" class?

BTW, there are plenty of people that agree with me, so my points are indeed valid, so either you have mistaken or my points are too good to be true :)

I'm hardly speaking in an ideal matter. I gave you all of my points, and all of them were quite accurate. You're speaking biasedly towards CTF.

The "Go" system is boring. Arena was made for FFA, not the make-believe "Go" system.

3 speed characters? Quite sure I mentioned only 1. As for your "standard" class, refer to my previous reply where I said "3 lust paladins".

Seeing how you say this...then you should know Arena takes all of the "skills" that you posted above... "(Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time)". So why did you say Arena didn't require any of those skills labeled?

I just shot all of your points down. I also didn't say your points were "invalid", I said your points are quite a one-sided farcical. Also, people probably agree with you because they feel the same way towards CTF as you do...if I got a bunch of arena junkies, I guarantee they'll all also agree with my points.

I'll be here. Waiting on that counter-argument. :excitement:

Budapest
04-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Are we really having an argument over this?

CTF -- MORE TEAMFIGHTING SKILL BASED

ARENA - MORE INDIVIDUALLY FIGHTING SKILL BASED

You're comparing apples to oranges. FFA in Arena is nothing compared to FFA in CTF. However, Arena is where the individual skills are showcased, with the "go" system and often 1v1 rushing.

And that is exactly our disagreement.

As for your arguing comment...the title does say "CTF vs. Arena", does it not? You should of expected this debate upon just glimpsing at the title of the thread. Plus these are the Forums, Forums were made to express one's ideals openly for discussion.

Budapest
04-20-2015, 09:14 PM

I mean, I'm sure half of the pallies have like 2:1 arena KDR but hides his/her stats for CTF. Hmm...

Why is CTF harder?

2. CORRECT utilization of skills especially birds and mages and bears at a lesser extent. (When to conserve MS and when not to)
3. Kiting.
4. Team fight includes correct timing of skills. Bears knock back all enemies with stomp when their mages/birds are low on health or initiates fights. Mages need to know correct timing to heal.
5. Tanking the flag.

Anyone agree? Because lately pallies have been pissing me off, saying that they are pro when they can't even tank/peel for the squishies.

Peace,
Sheu "Alex"

Oh lord. I won't even reply to this thread in a constructive way.

I'm just going to say this: All the things you said about CTF, applies to Arena. Instead of letting endgame anger cloud your mind, please take into consideration that Arena takes the same amount of knowledge+skill as CTF no matter the level. If it's the "pallies" that anger you, become one, and show them "how it's done". There's a reason why endgame is such an outrageous egotistical level more than most of the other levels...(OP Str Sets).

Budapest
04-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Oh, I'm also going to add this part to confirm my past statement about the OP Str Sets:

Give a 77 Lust Str Set to any completely noob mage with only a basic knowledge of PvE, and watch how they're still able to kill "the best" pure Int Mage in endgame.

Itoopeo
04-21-2015, 12:27 AM
Oh, I'm also going to add this part to confirm my past statement about the OP Str Sets:

Give a 77 Lust Str Set to any completely noob mage with only a basic knowledge of PvE, and watch how they're still able to kill "the best" pure Int Mage in endgame.

or give it to bear and look at thrm wreck all other classes with 9 beckon stomp hs.

Then there is this rare species me and bossbirds represent: Savage Beastly warbirds.
Not better than pure dex birds but playstyle is just completely different.

bears can wreck int mages even with molten dagger set paired with beastly helm.

Like in my most recent league of legends match i felt like god with Talon and 40/2/6 kda. Thats like playing bear feels like. Can kill anyone.

bearuang
04-29-2015, 03:42 PM
or give it to bear and look at thrm wreck all other classes with 9 beckon stomp hs.

Then there is this rare species me and bossbirds represent: Savage Beastly warbirds.
Not better than pure dex birds but playstyle is just completely different.

bears can wreck int mages even with molten dagger set paired with beastly helm.

Like in my most recent league of legends match i felt like god with Talon and 40/2/6 kda. Thats like playing bear feels like. Can kill anyone.

lust pally > all

Itoopeo
04-29-2015, 04:51 PM
lust pally > all

No lol lust bears come in dodging everything, then debuff the crap out of you and then beckon stomp for 800 crit damage so isnt that kinda OP? :D

bearuang
04-30-2015, 12:50 PM
No lol lust bears come in dodging everything, then debuff the crap out of you and then beckon stomp for 800 crit damage so isnt that kinda OP? :D

800 crit? Sounds like exaggeration
Well that would happen is the pally heal ur scream effects and you are not nukey enough to take dmg and they will land their light again and again while on both side dodge words out from the head but then you lost your buff then here you try to beckon stomp to run but weakness nightmare and suddenly whoops you die

Itoopeo
04-30-2015, 02:19 PM
800 crit? Sounds like exaggeration

Well that would happen is the pally heal ur scream effects and you are not nukey enough to take dmg and they will land their light again and again while on both side dodge words out from the head but then you lost your buff then here you try to beckon stomp to run but weakness nightmare and suddenly whoops you die

Well I play warbird and bears just debuff me to death and pallys outheal me and at some point later when my dodge drops back to 42, they get debuff and full combo in which kills me from half hp.

Bears just beckon cb cripple stomp sms and nobody stands a change.

If even I can take staff pure mages ice fire drain combo barely with 300armor and 700hp, bears can survive that easily no problem and still nuke trough mana shield and health in matter of seconds.

Pallys lack so much damage, they have only 600 hp and they are not manaless like others, so bear is clearly the most OP class in game theres no denying it. At least in endgame.

However there are some balanced levels like 40, 45, 56 and 66.

So traight bear debuff wont work. Maby reduce HS range to 11m and reduce endgame str sets crit by 20 or something.
Also reduce the mana regen slightly so pallys wont be so common anymore due to mana problems.

Also give all 2H swords massive skill damage boost to make them useful nuke tools.

Burstnuke
04-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Warbirds, Pallies, and bears all take low skill at endgame, it's just how it is due to it being OP.

Itoopeo
04-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Warbirds, Pallies, and bears all take low skill at endgame, it's just how it is due to it being OP.

Try warbird. Its underpowered and does take skill too just like regular bird.

Sheugokin
04-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Really????

Double root shattering blast. Gf.

Mages u can blast repulse run some. Come back, double root shatter blat. Gf. .....

represents
04-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Really????

Double root shattering blast. Gf.

Mages u can blast repulse run some. Come back, double root shatter blat. Gf. .....

Most of the time ^^^ its true though

Burstnuke
04-30-2015, 08:26 PM

Nah, i have tried it before, it takes spamming roots then followed up with a shatter blast. Yawn :rolleyes:

Itoopeo
05-01-2015, 03:59 AM
Nah, i have tried it before, it takes spamming roots then followed up with a shatter blast. Yawn :rolleyes:

Well I always try to repulse birds and dexbears so they miss the hit% debuff.

For mages I go in start with blast and then throw blind and roots and break and then end with avian repulse so they fly far DEAD.

Staff mages are harder because they do so much damage I can barely take one combo so I actually try to run avay but often I die to second combo before I can finish them off.

Cant kill str bears, and lust pallies. Foxes do a lot of damage but just need to play around with roots and knockbacks a bit.

Rhinos dont do damage.
Warbirds can match only certain classes and thata why they are not op

Sheugokin
05-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Well I always try to repulse birds and dexbears so they miss the hit% debuff.

For mages I go in start with blast and then throw blind and roots and break and then end with avian repulse so they fly far DEAD.

Staff mages are harder because they do so much damage I can barely take one combo so I actually try to run avay but often I die to second combo before I can finish them off.

Cant kill str bears, and lust pallies. Foxes do a lot of damage but just need to play around with roots and knockbacks a bit.

Rhinos dont do damage.
Warbirds can match only certain classes and thata why they are not op

Exactly.

How hard can it be to be a warbird?

anahadaz
05-04-2015, 12:16 PM
I saw you today when you were using flying. Poor you getting destroyed by savage bears

Itoopeo
05-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Nope thats only some few savage bears who 10-1 me.

Motivating
05-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Lust pally doesn't take much skill but there are some who are skilled in it. eg pally vs pally
Not just fire,ice,draining birds

Waug
05-05-2015, 12:15 PM

warbirds rnt op, other than the fact that any str generally have edge over non-str differently saying str op-er than non-str, it can only waste the time and skill against pally same as against bear.

There are reasons behind mages are op equipping str, those things does not work on bird.

Itoopeo
05-05-2015, 03:50 PM
warbirds rnt op, other than the fact that any str generally have edge over non-str differently saying str op-er than non-str, it can only waste the time and skill against pally same as against bear.

There are reasons behind mages are op equipping str, those things does not work on bird.

Well as warbird you cant kill pallys, you can forgot bears totally and rhinos just waste time too.
Focus on mages and birds thats all warbirds are viable to in endgame. If you think warbirds are op then just go try one out.

Twinkypie
05-05-2015, 06:16 PM
One thing about CTF Maps is camping. For newcomers, it's hard!

Waug
05-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Well as warbird you cant kill pallys, you can forgot bears totally and rhinos just waste time too.
Focus on mages and birds thats all warbirds are viable to in endgame. If you think warbirds are op then just go try one out.

Read what I said, lol.

Itoopeo
05-06-2015, 02:38 AM
Read what I said, lol.

Well warbird would be op if avian had 3s cooldown and it removed all debuffs.

KingFu
05-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Read what I said, lol.

Don't mind him, just a modest 73 warbird.

Itoopeo
05-06-2015, 04:27 AM

He always minds me. Im his bro.

Etarbitrev
05-06-2015, 05:28 AM
Lol at that^

so true

Sheugokin
05-06-2015, 04:24 PM

I hope in Finland, the education systems don't teach how to be an egotistical maniac. I mean they do have "the best" schools right?

Respecs
05-06-2015, 04:26 PM
CTF is for Pros only.

Itoopeo
05-07-2015, 03:07 AM
CTF is for Pros only.

How?

Mrrobbinhood
05-07-2015, 03:36 AM
CTF is for Pros only.

yea for pros only

Itoopeo
05-07-2015, 04:00 AM
yea for pros only

Then explain what you are doing there?

Respecs
05-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Then explain what you are doing there?

Wat. He's 76 your 73 he's better than u u dagger but don't cri u will be liek me soon :)

The Sadness
05-09-2015, 08:12 AM
CTF requires far more strategy and teamwork than a 1v1 where you say "go." You have to time your buffs, be aware of your team, be aware of other team, know how to handle fights vs various classes simultaneously, know range, know your role in CTF (tank, kills, support) all in real time.

FFA DM is comparable, but there you only have two objectives, kill and survive. CTF still requires more strategy, and as someone said, a kill is not the only objective, although it is necessary to win.

I've found CTF most enjoyable at endgame, it's the best understood there and provides the greatest range of skill and is often active.

humiiii
05-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Indeed CTF requires more skill in my opinion. Like sheugokin said there are many things to know in order to win the game, including skills,team fights etc. Spawning people also requires skill because you have to time your buffs or the opponent can oneshot you, this requires a lot of practice.

Budapest
05-09-2015, 09:46 AM
CTF requires far more strategy and teamwork than a 1v1 where you say "go." You have to time your buffs, be aware of your team, be aware of other team, know how to handle fights vs various classes simultaneously, know range, know your role in CTF (tank, kills, support) all in real time.

FFA DM is comparable, but there you only have two objectives, kill and survive. CTF still requires more strategy, and as someone said, a kill is not the only objective, although it is necessary to win.

I've found CTF most enjoyable at endgame, it's the best understood there and provides the greatest range of skill and is often active.

Indeed CTF requires more skill in my opinion. Like sheugokin said there are many things to know in order to win the game, including skills,team fights etc. Spawning people also requires skill because you have to time your buffs or the opponent can oneshot you, this requires a lot of practice.

Um, no. Refer to this argument from before.

I'm hardly speaking in an ideal matter. I gave you all of my points, and all of them were quite accurate. You're speaking biasedly towards CTF.

The "Go" system is boring. Arena was made for FFA, not the make-believe "Go" system.

3 speed characters? Quite sure I mentioned only 1. As for your "standard" class, refer to my previous reply where I said "3 lust paladins".

Seeing how you say this...then you should know Arena takes all of the "skills" that you posted above... "(Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time)". So why did you say Arena didn't require any of those skills labeled?

I just shot all of your points down. I also didn't say your points were "invalid", I said your points are quite a one-sided farcical. Also, people probably agree with you because they feel the same way towards CTF as you do...if I got a bunch of arena junkies, I guarantee they'll all also agree with my points.

I'll be here. Waiting on that counter-argument. :excitement:

Why is CTF harder?

3. Kiting.
5. Tanking the flag.

Peace,
Sheu "Alex"

Oh lord. I won't even reply to this thread in a constructive way.

I'm just going to say this: All the things you said about CTF, applies to Arena. Instead of letting endgame anger cloud your mind, please take into consideration that Arena takes the same amount of knowledge+skill as CTF no matter the level. If it's the "pallies" that anger you, become one, and show them "how it's done". There's a reason why endgame is such an outrageous egotistical level more than most of the other levels...(OP Str Sets).

Budapest
05-09-2015, 09:51 AM
yea for pros only

CTF is for Pros only.

Keep prattling. If you truly have that mindset, it's not a wonder why you both just continuously play Arena.

Ssneakykills
05-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Ctf is probabaly what's kept me interested in the game the most and friends of course

Perf
05-18-2015, 10:47 AM
To think people still play pocket legends in mid 2015...

Burstnuke
05-18-2015, 03:03 PM
FFA is the funnest for me, with CTF behind. Ctf takes more skill, but i think FFA is funner overall.

Freakingud
05-31-2015, 04:53 AM
ctf ftw :) There's nothing i like more than capturing flags.

Iilhopeliliil
05-31-2015, 06:19 AM
Budapest be spamming Paragraphs to entertain himself.