PDA

View Full Version : Migrating grand gems

carmine_blade
03-30-2015, 05:27 PM
With the recent crafting event, I did a lot of upgrading. I noticed that, quite often, a grand gem in the last slot of a mythic or legendary item would magically migrate to the first, and quickest slot to upgrade. What this means is that the normal gem I had in slot one which would've taken 8 hours to resocket, has been replaced by the grand gem I got on another slot. So the normal gem I want to resocket is now the slot that will, coincidentally, also take the longest to resocket, thus perhaps being more likely to make one want to use plat to speed the whole process up..

Has anyone else found this? Or am I being a bit too cynical ;)

CptAwsome
03-30-2015, 05:47 PM
It doesn't matter stats etc don't change. The time for crafting doesn't change.. Its all good. Once you have crafted 2 gems on a legendary item it then takes 12hrs on either socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overweightank
03-30-2015, 05:50 PM
With the recent crafting event, I did a lot of upgrading. I noticed that, quite often, a grand gem in the last slot of a mythic or legendary item would magically migrate to the first, and quickest slot to upgrade. What this means is that the normal gem I had in slot one which would've taken 8 hours to resocket, has been replaced by the grand gem I got on another slot. So the normal gem I want to resocket is now the slot that will, coincidentally, also take the longest to resocket, thus perhaps being more likely to make one want to use plat to speed the whole process up..

Has anyone else found this? Or am I being a bit too cynical ;)

This happened to my Para bulwark, and I was super pissed. Usually a common scam / trick I've seen be used is that people say to pay a tad bit more, due to the para being in the last gem slot, so then the buyer can just do whatever gems on the first slot. But then you buy, next thing you know, its on the 1st slot. Boom wasted your money XD

carmine_blade
03-30-2015, 06:01 PM
It doesn't matter stats etc don't change. The time for crafting doesn't change.. Its all good. Once you have crafted 2 gems on a legendary item it then takes 12hrs on either socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stats obvs. don't change but I was sure the time to resocket depends on the slot used not how many gems are already there? I could be wrong though, and I'm not in game to check atm :)

carmine_blade
03-30-2015, 06:03 PM
This happened to my Para bulwark, and I was super pissed. Usually a common scam / trick I've seen be used is that people say to pay a tad bit more, due to the para being in the last gem slot, so then the buyer can just do whatever gems on the first slot. But then you buy, next thing you know, its on the 1st slot. Boom wasted your money XD

Yeah when it costs so much plat to instantly upgrade the difference between sockets is significant!

Arturohoward
03-30-2015, 06:08 PM
If there is already a gem and you want to replace it for another one then it is always 12hrs it doesn`t matter if is the first slot or third one :)

carmine_blade
03-30-2015, 06:30 PM
If there is already a gem and you want to replace it for another one then it is always 12hrs it doesn`t matter if is the first slot or third one :)

Ah ty I guess I was being too cynical ;)