PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wielding

Eldallan
05-22-2010, 12:33 AM
I have no idea if this topic has been discussed yet but if it hasen't I think it should be.
It would be very simply to manage. And obviously would only work with weapons such as one handed melee weapons. (swords, shivs, daggers, so on)
You'd just be sacrificing defense for twice the amount of dmg output.

Prest87
05-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Dual wielding would be cool and im pretty sure that this topic has all ready been discussed

Obliteration
05-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Already discussed, the devs agreed it would be to difficult to code as of now, there are other way bigger priorities so they just buffed two-handers.

Ta11on
05-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I think Dual Wielding would unbalance the game quite a bit. Maybe if it was limited to daggers, shivs, and other small bladed weapons.

Rebel
05-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I think Dual Wielding would unbalance the game quite a bit. Maybe if it was limited to daggers, shivs, and other small bladed weapons.

Agreed. Dual shivs would be amazing. Banned would go crazy if he could have those :p

Obliteration
05-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Guys the devs already said no, lol.

Evante
05-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Yap... they said that don't expect it in the next few updates... = /

Leach
05-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Working on 2H weapons this week.

Dual-weild is going to take a much, much longer time to implement. I like the idea - but I don't expect to see it in the near future.

- Cinco

Dev responds from my earlier thread.

Banned
05-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Agreed. Dual shivs would be amazing. Banned would go crazy if he could have those :p

They would have to tie me to a chair if that ever happened.

Eldallan
05-22-2010, 05:39 PM
They would have to tie me to a chair if that ever happened.

lol!
well alright, i figured it wouldn't be something they are planning to work on right away. just a nice thought.
as far as unbalacing goes, i dont think so. It would only work for small weapons. Of course you wont be able to dual wield 2 wammo hammos or anything 2-handed :P

Aerospacegod
05-22-2010, 06:03 PM
they would just need to increase the power of shields/bracers/wings so its a bigger trade off.

pretty sure everyone would use dual shiv if allowed, but what if wing shield added 30+ armor?

Eldallan
05-22-2010, 06:59 PM
they would just need to increase the power of shields/bracers/wings so its a bigger trade off.

pretty sure everyone would use dual shiv if allowed, but what if wing shield added 30+ armor?

Yeah they'd have to boost the shields.
i guess this would take a lot more balancing then i thought.