PDA

View Full Version : Planar Soul Amulet - Worth it?

Wazakesy
03-31-2015, 02:47 AM
Hello,

I recently have managed to get all the 3 essences from frostir, glob, and rutger respctively. I know all the steps tgat i need to obtain this amulet. I have a lv41 rogue and a mage.

I mainly use my rogue, and i have question - is the amulet worth it? I am doubting it...as of the release of the new expansion gears, will it be worthwhile getting this amulet? I have enough dough to get the recipe. But i am worried about if the money pays out.

I dont know if this amulet will be really worth it, as i doubt the expansion gears will be much more better.

Please let me know.

Zylx
03-31-2015, 02:56 AM
We really only know what STS has announced regarding the expansion. There really is no way of 100% knowing until the expansion hits if the myth pendant will be the best. Odds are though it will surely be competitive with the new legendaries to the point where it'll be as good, if not better, unless another mythic or even arcane pendant is released.

They say mythic items last 2 expansions and arcanes last 3. But kershal was an arcane that didn't even last 1 and blood ruby/fangs are mythics that nearly lasted 3-4

Wazakesy
03-31-2015, 02:59 AM
We really only know what STS has announced regarding the expansion. There really is no way of 100% knowing until the expansion hits if the myth pendant will be the best. Odds are though it will surely be competitive with the new legendaries to the point where it'll be as good, if not better, unless another mythic or even arcane pendant is released.

They say mythic items last 2 expansions and arcanes last 3. But kershal was an arcane that didn't even last 1 and blood ruby/fangs are mythics that nearly lasted 3-4

I know about the kershal incident...horrible. First ones were sold for 50m, then came down, and yhe nerf literally killed it...

mxzgrawp
03-31-2015, 05:17 AM
Hello,

I recently have managed to get all the 3 essences from frostir, glob, and rutger respctively. I know all the steps tgat i need to obtain this amulet. I have a lv41 rogue and a mage.

I mainly use my rogue, and i have question - is the amulet worth it? I am doubting it...as of the release of the new expansion gears, will it be worthwhile getting this amulet? I have enough dough to get the recipe. But i am worried about if the money pays out.

I dont know if this amulet will be really worth it, as i doubt the expansion gears will be much more better.

Please let me know.
These ones shall Not be nerfed of what I know,also same as the Rendtail,it will be any good for next 3 seasons,as usually happens with mythics and arcanes.

Tatman
03-31-2015, 05:28 AM
I sincerely doubt the new cap will introduce a better amulet. But you never know with STS, they can easily decide that it's time for an arcane one with 1000 hp and 100 damage. :)

Wazakesy
03-31-2015, 05:29 AM
These ones shall Not be nerfed of what I know,also same as the Rendtail,it will be any good for next 3 seasons,as usually happens with mythics and arcanes.

It is almost 1-2 seasons, maybe not on a whole scale, but expansion is coming too. And a new mythic ring could be on its way...

Alhuntrazeck
03-31-2015, 05:54 AM
Amulet should remain the best for a good long while - next season end at the most, which is about a year. Then again I've learnt long ago to never assume anything about AL ;)

For eg: Arcane hooks lasted 2 seasons, maul lasted 2 and a half and kershal 1 season. Meanwhile, mythic helm lasted 3 seasons, armor 2 seasons, ring and amu 2 seasons.

Hoardseeker
03-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Amulet should remain the best for a good long while - next season end at the most, which is about a year. Then again I've learnt long ago to never assume anything about AL ;)

For eg: Arcane hooks lasted 2 seasons, maul lasted 2 and a half and kershal 1 season. Meanwhile, mythic helm lasted 3 seasons, armor 2 seasons, ring and amu 2 seasons.
the mythic armour got upgrade so it lasted long,So the planar pedant gets upgrade?

Bellaelda
03-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Couldn't say for sure what's coming, but I'd expect the planar amulet to remain at the top... They weren't added very long ago and mythic are usually good for more than one season

Kriticality
03-31-2015, 10:51 AM
I think planar pendant will have some time to breathe. It's fairly new still. As far as if it's worth it, I think it is. If you craft and throw 3 eyes in it, you can use it on any toon you have by stash switching. You will notice a very significant difference in survivability. I'm assuming you're prob using fang/wild/eerie atm. If that's the case, the planar pendant is a big step up. Pretty OP stats.

Jazzi
03-31-2015, 10:57 AM
I could imagine that there will be pendants that give slightly more damage than the planar pendant in the next level cap (even legendary ones). The health gain you get currently with the planar pendant is just a game changer, as others say it as well. The planar pendant and the mythic ring (half an year ago) were really big steps for me in terms of profitable farming, due to a significant reduction in potion/ankh usage. I can only recommend!

Dragoonclaws
03-31-2015, 11:00 AM
After expansion, the elite bosses will become kinda easier. Recipes farmed easier.

CouchPass
03-31-2015, 11:19 AM

To be Honest, I still think Kershal is awesome.