PDA

View Full Version : Farming questions

ronell10
04-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Hi!

I want to have this Lep pendant/necklace, is this achievable by Rouges in pure farming? Coz i'm not fun of paying in-cash for items, so im looking if this is possible for just farming?

And, what skills to take when farming for golds?

GoodSyntax
04-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Yes, it is farmable indirectly.

The Lep is a platinum-exclusive item; however, there are a lot listed in auction, so if you earn enough via farming, you can simply buy it in auction.

So, with Leps going for, let's say, 180k, and Locked Crates quick-selling at 3k, if you farm 60 crates From Jarl/KM3, you can buy a Lep.

As far as skills goes, it depends on what level you are, what you are farming and where you are running. Low level (16 and under) farming Jarl is completely different than end-game farming Planar Tombs and Elite Tindirin.

ronell10
04-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Yes, it is farmable indirectly.

The Lep is a platinum-exclusive item; however, there are a lot listed in auction, so if you earn enough via farming, you can simply buy it in auction.

So, with Leps going for, let's say, 180k, and Locked Crates quick-selling at 3k, if you farm 60 crates From Jarl/KM3, you can buy a Lep.

As far as skills goes, it depends on what level you are, what you are farming and where you are running. Low level (16 and under) farming Jarl is completely different than end-game farming Planar Tombs and Elite Tindirin.

Thanks for your reply!

So 60 locked crates, i haven't seen a locked crates 'till now, although i just started again :(

Do you suggest to farm immediately for Lep while in low level?

GoodSyntax
04-01-2015, 09:00 AM
lv15 is a terrific time to start farming locked.

Basically, whenever you get reroll from Klaas/Shazbot, run Brackenridge over and over, stockpiling locked crates. Along the way, open all chests (Golden, Silver or Copper), and any Legendaries that pop out, put those up for sale as well.

Don't forget to do your dailies, especially the Bards Quests (for Story Tokens). Bard Quests take only a couple of minutes per day, but in a few weeks, you can buy Crawly and Colton eggs, which you can sell.

Also, at lv15, Hauntlet is a decent place to farm for Hauntlet Coins to buy Shiloh eggs for resale. Way back in the day, I was able to farm a Shiloh egg every day (lots of runs though).

ronell10
04-01-2015, 09:22 AM

Basically, whenever you get reroll from Klaas/Shazbot, run Brackenridge over and over, stockpiling locked crates. Along the way, open all chests (Golden, Silver or Copper), and any Legendaries that pop out, put those up for sale as well.

Don't forget to do your dailies, especially the Bards Quests (for Story Tokens). Bard Quests take only a couple of minutes per day, but in a few weeks, you can buy Crawly and Colton eggs, which you can sell.

Also, at lv15, Hauntlet is a decent place to farm for Hauntlet Coins to buy Shiloh eggs for resale. Way back in the day, I was able to farm a Shiloh egg every day (lots of runs though).

Thank you so much for the help :)

Excited to hunt now :)

ronell10
04-01-2015, 09:35 AM

Btw, how can i solo a map? Sometimes i hate it when someone is joining me and the monster get stronger. Is there a command i can use so noone will enter the map?

Jazzi
04-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Btw, how can i solo a map? Sometimes i hate it when someone is joining me and the monster get stronger. Is there a command i can use so noone will enter the map?

You can create a ghost party. Command is "/partyi (random name)" . To leave the ghost party: "/partyleave"

ronell10
04-01-2015, 12:25 PM
You can create a ghost party. Command is "/partyi (random name)" . To leave the ghost party: "/partyleave"

Thank you! now i can solo maps :)

Bloodcurler
04-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Sometime you get the loot reroll elixer from Klass and Shaz. Use those it will help you on your locks tremendously.

xynm
04-06-2015, 03:58 AM
Use both the luck elixir and the lep. You will start gating locks in no time :-)

ronell10
04-06-2015, 08:04 AM
^

thanks guys for the help. I'm now level 15, got a problem with my skills, i use trap :(

Is there any news for free respec?

Kaliarra
04-07-2015, 12:35 AM
I actually use Pierce Aim Nox and Trap, its a good skill set, but to your question, I haven't heard any news to one, for 5 plat you can respec though

ronell10
04-07-2015, 07:31 AM
I actually use Pierce Aim Nox and Trap, its a good skill set, but to your question, I haven't heard any news to one, for 5 plat you can respec though

Thanks! Just having a problem with traps especially with mobs, i am open for their attacks that leads to death :(

GoodSyntax
04-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Thanks! Just having a problem with traps especially with mobs, i am open for their attacks that leads to death :(

Use traps as a barrier.

Most mobs won't walk through a trap, so you can often play a game of cat-and-mouse by circling the trap. Just be sure to put traps down at choke points.

Also, remember that charged daggers will stun up to three mobs at a time, so if you get yourself into trouble, charge daggers hit the closest mob and return back to kiting rage.

I'm a big fan of the run-through strategy. Basically, it is a strategy where you strafe (hit mobs with Nox and Aimed while you run in large circles, keeping the pack behind you), and then run through the group and hit them with charged daggers, then repeat going counter-clockwise. This strategy is a terrific way to handle larger pulls of 5-7 high threat mobs while also keeping the pack tight so Nox is most effective.

ronell10
04-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Use traps as a barrier.

Most mobs won't walk through a trap, so you can often play a game of cat-and-mouse by circling the trap. Just be sure to put traps down at choke points.

Also, remember that charged daggers will stun up to three mobs at a time, so if you get yourself into trouble, charge daggers hit the closest mob and return back to kiting rage.

I'm a big fan of the run-through strategy. Basically, it is a strategy where you strafe (hit mobs with Nox and Aimed while you run in large circles, keeping the pack behind you), and then run through the group and hit them with charged daggers, then repeat going counter-clockwise. This strategy is a terrific way to handle larger pulls of 5-7 high threat mobs while also keeping the pack tight so Nox is most effective.

Thanks for the tip! But i respec, and change my trap to veil, is this a good decision?

This is my skills now:
- aim
- nox
- pierce
- veil

I am equipped with bow so no stun at all :(

Also, is razor good to have? I am planning to put it on my skills, replacing pierce or nox.. Aiming for pure pve while my character is still poor.

GoodSyntax
04-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Veil works just as well. Personally, I prefer traps for the crowd control and added damage, but veil is a powerful buff/debuff, so there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Charged bow does stun, but being single target, its usefulness is limited.

I don't recommend razor unless you primarily farm Nordr (for the freeze immunity). Razor, at least for me, is an aggro magnet, and for my playstyle has led to A LOT of deaths as every mob hit with my razors turns to me. I don't know about normal farming, but in elites, for me at least, Razor = suicide.

ronell10
04-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Veil works just as well. Personally, I prefer traps for the crowd control and added damage, but veil is a powerful buff/debuff, so there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Charged bow does stun, but being single target, its usefulness is limited.

I don't recommend razor unless you primarily farm Nordr (for the freeze immunity). Razor, at least for me, is an aggro magnet, and for my playstyle has led to A LOT of deaths as every mob hit with my razors turns to me. I don't know about normal farming, but in elites, for me at least, Razor = suicide.

Thanks! So i guess i have to stick with my skills (with veil). I noticed i survived more using veil than trap coz i can tank a little of mobs while shooting nox.

Selmin Sejdovic
04-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes

ronell10
04-09-2015, 08:27 AM
but i changed my veil to trap lol!

i guess rouge should kill fast, so setting up a trap will help a lot compared to tanking it with veil.