PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Chrome when using forums?

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 04:36 AM
I usually use Google Chrome as my main internet browser.

I've noticed I have a few forum slowdowns though.

When I post a reply, it takes awhile for it to actually reply, I end up clicking "Post Reply" a few times.

When I Quote/Edit, same thing. I end up clicking it twice or thrice just to open up the menu.

So I'm curious if anyone is using Chrome and getting the same? Or is it lag that's causing this?

I'm using Firefox now to try and compare, seems to be working well, just one clicks stuff.

Necrobane
03-21-2011, 04:40 AM
I switched to safari for that very same reason.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 04:42 AM
I switched to safari for that very same reason.

So Chrome is definitely buggy/slow?

I also have Uni sites that tell me to switch from Chrome to Firefox/IE when I do some stuff.

Edit:

Take for example now, just as I post this reply/edit and click "Post Quick Reply" or "Save", it took about 10-15 seconds with that circular cursor to show its loading before it actually did what I wanted. If I clicked a few times again, it'd usually do it instantly.

icantgetkills
03-21-2011, 04:50 AM
So Chrome is definitely buggy/slow?

I also have Uni sites that tell me to switch from Chrome to Firefox/IE when I do some stuff.

Take for example now, just as I post this reply/edit and click "Post Quick Reply" or "Save", it took about 10-15 seconds with that circular cursor to show its loading before it actually did what I wanted. If I clicked a few times again, it'd usually do it instantly.
yes it is horrible... safari +1

Arterra
03-21-2011, 05:30 AM
i never get that sort of slowdown. there is a definite pause between the pressing and the posting tho.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 05:34 AM
i never get that sort of slowdown. there is a definite pause between the pressing and the posting tho.

How long is that pause? :)

I tried quoting your message just now, clicked on Reply with Quote, waited for about 30 seconds with that loading cursor and nothing happened.

I clicked it again, and it opened instantly to the new page to quote your reply :( Weird.

Arterra
03-21-2011, 06:00 AM
At most 1.5 seconds. And it can't be due to chrome needing power, my thing is a $300 Dell.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 06:03 AM
At most 1.5 seconds. And it can't be due to chrome needing power, my thing is a $300 Dell.

Which would lead me to connection and my machine then? Hmm.

Survivorfan
03-21-2011, 06:17 AM
No problem for me :D

azulflame
03-21-2011, 06:28 AM
I haven't encountered the problem, just a slight delay between the website and my computer. i run a vista 64x with 8gb ram across two hard drives, effectivly 4gb

the delay is because my server hosts a webpage, and it gets quite a number of hits

but that's normal in all web browsers

Moogerfooger
03-21-2011, 07:23 AM
If you're looking for another option, try Opera. It's free and handles most websites that give Chrome problems (speed/formatting) better; it's not perfect either, a lot of commerical sites don't recognize it, but for regular browsing it is pretty sweet for the most part.

Echelong
03-21-2011, 07:40 AM
I use Chrome on my house and it works fine so far. No slowdowns unless its my internet. I will check it out more but it has been working fine.

Lysdexic
03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Chrome is absolutely awesome except for one issue that I find troubling. Chrome by default keeps an absolutely massive cache, which breaks a lot of links and webpages often. You can change your shortcut for Chrome to include --disk-cache-size=10240 . This shrinks the cache to a usable state that purges quite well. Once I made this change, I never got any of those slight hangups.

krazii
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I use Chrome and don't have any of the problems you are having.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
It seems I just had to fix my router.

I upgraded firmware and reconfigured it, removed the filter and plugged directly to phone line. It seems to work better! Let's see :)

Thanks guys!

Pharcyde
03-21-2011, 09:47 PM
I use chrome all the time, no problems on forums.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Chrome is absolutely awesome except for one issue that I find troubling. Chrome by default keeps an absolutely massive cache, which breaks a lot of links and webpages often. You can change your shortcut for Chrome to include --disk-cache-size=10240 . This shrinks the cache to a usable state that purges quite well. Once I made this change, I never got any of those slight hangups.

How do I do this? :)

Let me try figuring it out..

Otukura
03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Yup... same prob in chrome...

Safari for school

FF for games

IE for.... um... other things

Opera for... um... also other things...

Keohike
03-21-2011, 10:22 PM
I like to use firefox.