PDA

View Full Version : how many players want mobile payment ? put your name on this petition

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 07:22 AM
We need mobile payments like this

http://www.paymo.com/_img/generic/customers_paying_1-2-3.jpg

http://www.paymo.com/

this would attract alot more players and thats good for everyone. it would be more money for spacetime and more players means a bigger community and that means more demand and finally more content.
Just think how many players are stuck at low levels because they cant get plat?
How many have just quit because of this?

DEVS just take a look at this method of payment. Even the likes of Facebook and games developer EA and many more support this so why cant spacetime is it that hard to set up.

So i would like to know how much demand there is for this method of payment.
so if your stuck and cant get platinum because of no credit card put your name on here.
if there is enough demand for this MAYBE the devs will introduce it.

alas ive been asking for it since november but my voice is not loud enough what is needed is a voice of many like a bear roar.

Junside
03-21-2011, 07:26 AM
You don't have paysafe card or other prepaid credit card you can just buy at a convenience store?

Lesrider
03-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't something like this allow kids using their parents' phones to buy as much plat as they want without permission? At least if a parent gives out their iTunes password, that's their choice. But this sounds like it could cause unnecessary problems.

And I've never heard of anyone besides you having trouble buying plat. Like Junside said, can't you buy a prepaid card?

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 07:39 AM
You don't have paysafe card or other prepaid credit card you can just buy at a convenience store?

No convenience store here sells them else i would have one by now.
Plus this way would be better because it skips all the hassle.
1. It would be built into game like the other payment schemes
2.payment would be instant from phone credit
3. how many people have phone credit compaired to people who have access to these cards
i think people with phone credit wins lol.
4. this is a mobile game so i would have thought this option would be standard.

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't something like this allow kids using their parents' phones to buy as much plat as they want without permission? At least if a parent gives out their iTunes password, that's their choice. But this sounds like it could cause unnecessary problems.

And I've never heard of anyone besides you having trouble buying plat. Like Junside said, can't you buy a prepaid card?

Lol most kids have thier own phones these days and its the same as a credit card if the kids got the details they could buy as much plat as they wanted. so thats not really an argument.
And you have to confirm the payment on the phone anyway so it would be the parents fault for letting them have the phone. its not just putting in a number.

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 08:08 AM
See my point so many players quit because of this. it can be avoided

Really upset at Spacetime! Hopefully someone from the studio reads this. Okay, so I reached the free level cap of 13 and decided to go out and buy one of those pre paid visa cards to purchase some extra content so that I can continue on with the game and everytime I try to make a purchase on the webside it declines my card! Now, I called the customer service number for the visa card and they said it's 100% active and for the visa card and they said it's 100% active and ready for use and I even used it to buy gas to make sure, my balance is $39.60 and I'm trying to buy $5 in platinum and it won't let me! This card is supposed to be good "anywhere visa is accepted" and since not everyone has a credit card and not a lot of people like to use their card online they purchase these, I've purchased hundreds throughout the years to make purchases online and NEVER had an issue until today. supposed to be good "anywhere visa is accepted" and since not everyone has a credit card and not a ot of people like to use their card online they purchase these, I've purchased hundreds throughout the years to make purchases online and NEVER had an issue until today. Is there a customer service number that I can call? to spend the $$$ on game content but Spacetime doesn't seem to want my money, why would I continue on if I can't buy platinum?

This was a post just put up.
sounds like they need mobile payments mmmm...
i think i could find many more posts from players who cant get plat so im not the only one.
Also heres another post from this happy customer

Yeah, I just sent them an e-mail with my concerns. I'm using my PC to make the transaction and it's still declining it for some reason, if Spacetime can't resolve this then they have lost a customer and have probably lost lots of potential customers because of reasons just like this.

Echelong
03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
+1
I like any form of payment, personally I love paypal but more options is always better.

MoarPewPew
03-21-2011, 08:16 AM

I think that the support team would be in chaos because of all the refunds needed. Kids would make there parents phone bill skyrocket. I dont like this idea of mobile payments. Sorry.

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 08:23 AM
I think that the support team would be in chaos because of all the refunds needed. Kids would make there parents phone bill skyrocket. I dont like this idea of mobile payments. Sorry.

How can they lol without the actual phone this would be impossible. its not just a case of putting in a phone number you have to confirm it aswell on the phone too. please read the details before writing it off.

and another reason for mobile payments lol

The pre paid visa cards do not work everywhere.
Online transactions do not always work with these cards. (There are problems with the authorization process often) I have had problems trying to do this with Warcraft.
If you want to, I suggest buying an iTunes card.

I would contact the company of the pre paid card.

Lesrider
03-21-2011, 08:25 AM
A kid stealing (or however he gets it) his parent's credit card number is not the same as simply being allowed to text "buy 800 plat."

I heard of other games that make it too easy for kids to buy in-game money, and they had so many complaints from parents. If a parent gives the kid their iTunes password or credit card info, that's their choice to make, to trust their child. But ways that allow the kid to add charges to the phone bill without any registration/password needed? Asking for trouble.

Lesrider
03-21-2011, 08:29 AM
How can they lol without the actual phone this would be impossible. its not just a case of putting in a phone number you have to confirm it aswell on the phone too. please read the details before writing it off.

and another reason for mobile payments lol

From what I can tell from their website, you don't need to have any information other than the phone number for this. So, let's say a parent allows their kid to use their phone for games. Kid discovers he can just text the phone number through paymo to get all the plat he wants. End of the month, phone bill comes and parents find $50+ went to PL, without their permission or even knowing.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. But that's what I'm understanding from the website.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Noob question, where is the option to buy plat from their website? lol

Echelong
03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Noob question, where is the option to buy plat from their website? lol

www.pocketlegends.com

Big silver sign that says BUY PLATINUM...

kallima
03-21-2011, 08:33 AM
I used google check out using a CC - I would think that pre-paid cards would work as easily as a regular CC - have you tried that?

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 08:34 AM
A kid stealing (or however he gets it) his parent's credit card number is not the same as simply being allowed to text "buy 800 plat."

I heard of other games that make it too easy for kids to buy in-game money, and they had so many complaints from parents. If a parent gives the kid their iTunes password or credit card info, that's their choice to make, to trust their child. But ways that allow the kid to add charges to the phone bill without any registration/password needed? Asking for trouble.

Same apply with the phone. How can i make it clear the CHILD WOULD NEED THE BILL PAYERS PHONE TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION. NO PHONE NO PAYMENT if a parent chooses to give thier phone to the children thats their choice to make. you see now ?

and you have to register to use this. im only using this site as an example there are more a direct payment would be better eg click buy and credit comes from the device that your playing on.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 08:34 AM
www.pocketlegends.com

Big silver sign that says BUY PLATINUM...

Wow never knew they had a PL website separate from STS. LOL :(

Thanks!

Echelong
03-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Wow never knew they had a PL website separate from STS. LOL :(

Thanks!

Learned it the first time by google trying to find the forums...and that is how I enter the forums always lol, up until a week ago I didn't knew the website was STS instead of pockelegends. so yeah I had it the other way around.

I R N00B

Lesrider
03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Same apply with the phone. How can i make it clear the CHILD WOULD NEED THE BILL PAYERS PHONE TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION. NO PHONE NO PAYMENT if a parent chooses to give thier phone to the children thats their choice to make. you see now ?

and you have to register to use this. im only using this site as an example there are more a direct payment would be better eg click buy and credit comes from the device that your playing on.

My point is that the parents gave the kid their phone to play with. Obviously if the kid's not actually playing the game he wouldn't try to get plat.

Moogerfooger
03-21-2011, 08:49 AM

You're not listening to what Les is trying to say. The kid has their own phone in this example right? What is to stop that kid from texting for free plat on their phone without the parents knowing? Or are you saying that the parents have to confirm the purchase on the parent's phone, but the plat gets sent to the kid's phone? if Paymo (or whoever) has an account management section that allows the parent's and kid's phone numbers to be pre-registered then maybe that would work.

If that is not the case, there is probably not a company in the world that allows that, buying something via text unregistered on one phone and sending the rewards to another; it is a huge gaping door of possible fraud.

Can someone tell me if you can buy plat via the STS website with iTunes cards? I hae no idea if you can, maybe only Paypal and Google Checkout?

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 08:49 AM
From what I can tell from their website, you don't need to have any information other than the phone number for this. So, let's say a parent allows their kid to use their phone for games. Kid discovers he can just text the phone number through paymo to get all the plat he wants. End of the month, phone bill comes and parents find $50+ went to PL, without their permission or even knowing.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. But that's what I'm understanding from the website.

What if this child used the phone to call people and got a big bill from premium numbers lol do we need a credit card so we can make a call. parents fault for letting them have phone. As i said before the site was an example theres got to be a more secure way eg. direct payment from device that pl is on.

Lesrider
03-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Just pointing out it could cause a lot of CS problems for STS. That's all. I guess it's up to them to determine of the risk is worth the rewards.

Justg
03-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry, we absolutely don't do petitions. We want this feature as well, it's on the roadmap, and we know that it is important to you too.