PDA

View Full Version : Laptop gone for good?

Zipponator
03-21-2011, 07:23 AM
I recently turned on my laptop yesterday to be confronted by a blue screen ( known as blue screen of death ). It was quite random. I now cant actually get onto my laptop as of it keeps freezing at a black screen ( just a screen with nothing on it). Anyway im asking whether my laptop is a gonner or if there is an easy solution for it. Thx :) BTW it doesnt show the blue screen every time i try to start the laptop up. It just comes up with some black and white distorted page then cuts to the windows loading screen.... Then it goes black.

I have tried f8 for safe mode.... It doesnt work.

StompArtist
03-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Sounds like your Graphics card might be the culprit...

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 07:30 AM
It should still be fixable.

I knew mine was gone when it wouldn't power up at all :(

Lesrider
03-21-2011, 07:42 AM
If it's an HP, I'm inclined to say yes, it's a goner.

Echelong
03-21-2011, 07:44 AM
It is fixable depending on what went wrong.
Here is a link to a possible way to fix it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/201352/how_to_fix_the_blue_screen_of_death.html

Googles search link http://www.google.com.pr/#hl=es-419&biw=1016&bih=630&q=windows+blue+screen+of+death+fix&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=5b0b3f184eff2750

You can also check youtube there are various guides.

Elly sounds like it could be power supply or battery problem. To see if its the battery just start it without the battery if it powers on then the battery is the culprit of your problem.

Zipponator
03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Ok thx all and btw it is a toshiba and yes it may be the graphic card.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Elly sounds like it could be power supply or battery problem. To see if its the battery just start it without the battery if it powers on then the battery is the culprit of your problem.

Nah it was a burnt motherboard. It was awhile back, got a good one since then :)

It was an ASUS model, and I've noticed it heating up pretty quickly too, a lot of gaming didn't help either, so it gave way. Lol

Echelong
03-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Nah it was a burnt motherboard. It was awhile back, got a good one since then :)

It was an ASUS model, and I've noticed it heating up pretty quickly too, a lot of gaming didn't help either, so it gave way. Lol

lol yeah that could have been too. cooling pads help a lot to extend the life of a laptop ;-P especially if you are gaming.

KaotiicxDream
03-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Dang that sucks... You know what sucks too? My old pc cleared all its data ... I turned it on and i needed to restart the system (Not the computer but the whole system) and after i did that ALL my data was gone for ever... SUCKS! Then i bought a program for $100 ... It got all my data back :D