PDA

View Full Version : Why won't sns be returning this season?

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 12:58 AM
I'd like to know why sns won't be returning and what's the reason for this?

I think the point for all of us in these games is to try and obtain best gear and pets... If the best stuff is just discontinued and can't be obtained anymore.... Then I'm not sure why we'd bother.

Just my opinion...

Would like to know the thought process behind this decision since I know many of us have been waiting almost a year for these discontinued pets to return.

Dragoonclaws
04-03-2015, 01:00 AM
to make the pet unique and authentic

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 01:11 AM
to make the pet unique and authentic

So players that missed this event a year ago, or are new to game never get to have any hope of obtaining the best stuff?

That doesn't exactly inspire

Dragoonclaws
04-03-2015, 01:13 AM
so you're telling us that STS should make lvl21-26-31 and 36 cap banner available for new players because they weren't there in 2012?

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 01:16 AM
That's ridiculous dragon..... That's a vanity.... If they want exclusive vanities I could care less... We're talking about the best gear in game here... Lol

Wazakesy
04-03-2015, 01:49 AM
so you're telling us that STS should make lvl21-26-31 and 36 cap banner available for new players because they weren't there in 2012?

O_O

Then i want my lv16-41 cap bannerz D:<

Visiting
04-03-2015, 01:57 AM
In that case, can I transfer my cap banners to my alt account to "enhance my experience" :3

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Lol

Axesam
04-03-2015, 02:30 AM
Because that transfer things revealed, so they need to make a reason.

PS : pls transfer goblin ring, old sesion banner and para gem also.

Ssneakykills
04-03-2015, 02:38 AM
I would like sns to return but then again I'd love a new cool pet instead

Dragoonclaws
04-03-2015, 02:41 AM
That's ridiculous dragon..... That's a vanity.... If they want exclusive vanities I could care less... We're talking about the best gear in game here... Lol

They decided to discontinue SnS, like they decided to make the cap banners discontinued, like they decided to make Nightshade discontinued. I am sure Nightshade won't come back neither. If it does.. then there is a problem.

Axesam
04-03-2015, 02:57 AM
They decided to discontinue SnS, like they decided to make the cap banners discontinued, like they decided to make Nightshade discontinued. I am sure Nightshade won't come back neither. If it does.. then there is a problem.

Why only SnS can be transfered? Nightsade should can be transfer too, but remi only wrote about SnS.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 03:30 AM

They typically re-release stuff every year... And the problem is these are the best items in game and have been for a year now....

If they don't plan and rerelasing and don't give us any new pet events or better pets... Than whats the point...

It's doesmt exactly leave is inspired to try to get stuff, when all the best stuff can't be obtained

Litheus
04-03-2015, 03:36 AM
they may introduce a new pet which is less op than sns

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 03:46 AM
they may introduce a new pet which is less op than sns

That doesnt do any good... Got enough junk pets, lol

Haligali
04-03-2015, 04:25 AM

Do you really compare an op arcane pet for a useless vanity banner? o.O

Twix
04-03-2015, 04:52 AM
People who ran for sns were mostly plat buyers. As we kno sts caters only their buyers. They spend tons of plat especial for events. Makes sense. Surely hell spent thousands $$$$ for plats so sts transfer his sns. Its all about who's rich in real life.

kinzmet
04-03-2015, 05:03 AM

Banners are NOT the best stuff the OP is telling. His talking about best gears, weapons and pets that are discontinued. In RPGs players always aim for the best gears, but if the best gear is discontinued then whats the point?

This STS' decision means that they plan to make another pet better than SnS or else discontinued "best" means a dead-end.

darthdlo
04-03-2015, 05:44 AM
Bump

Titanfall
04-03-2015, 06:34 AM
There cud a better pet coming, IMO its best if sns doesnt come back as only a handful of players can afford it, and it further bridges the gap between rich and poor.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 07:16 AM
There cud a better pet coming, IMO its best if sns doesnt come back as only a handful of players can afford it, and it further bridges the gap between rich and poor.

If there was better pets I wouldn't be so concerned, but it's been almost a year and there still is not.

To just leave the best stuff obtainable is really upsetting for many of us I believe

Gorecaster
04-03-2015, 07:31 AM
The bottom line here is end game players are switching main characters often now as the phases of nerfs and buffs continue to play out. It's a destructive cycle and it seems to have no end in sight. Sts encourages this by allowing things like reegging. Regardless of how you choose to explain it, it just doesn't make sense. Anyone knows if you crack an egg on a toon, it's stick on that toon. But as usual, the most rudimentary logistics seem to always get overlooked and it's just not fair that now it's the age of the mage so you let everyone put sns on that character to continue to be op with the same pet on another toon that got current buffage.

GoodSyntax
04-03-2015, 09:01 AM

Like Gyrm was supposed to be a discontinued pet...no, wait, that one came back.

Perhaps, Grimm, a plat exclusive during the first Halloween pet that basically became a giveaway to event runners the second Halloween?

I got it, like Snowball was a plat exclusive pet from many seasons ago...no, wait that one came back too.

Maybe pets aren't a great example....

Weapons, so like how during Ursoth, we got our first Mythic weapons, and everyone rushed to buy them.

Then another round of Mythic weapons -.-

Followed by another round >:-|

And another T.T

Wazakesy
04-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Like Gyrm was supposed to be a discontinued pet...no, wait, that one came back.

Perhaps, Grimm, a plat exclusive during the first Halloween pet that basically became a giveaway to event runners the second Halloween?

I got it, like Snowball was a plat exclusive pet from many seasons ago...no, wait that one came back too.

Maybe pets aren't a great example....

Weapons, so like how during Ursoth, we got our first Mythic weapons, and everyone rushed to buy them.

Then another round of Mythic weapons -.-

Followed by another round >:-|

And another T.T

You forgot the entire timeline of buffs and nerfs...

You know that epic history doncha?...

Candylicks
04-03-2015, 09:50 AM
I think SnS should come in locked! I think it's been such a long time since it was released and the original owners have had plenty of time to be cool and dominate PvP and LB runs, and let's face it none of the other pets have even come close to this one. But yeah it won't happen. Best thing now is to wait until all the SnS owners to quit the game and that pet to be a legend of the past.

Sorcerie
04-03-2015, 10:34 AM
It'll come back, one way or another.

As Kali mentioned, just about every 'exclusive' pet has come back and people have been itching for SnS for a long time.

The current owners have had them for a year, so they've been at the top of the food chain long enough.

Give it time, very few items in this game are sacred, esp eggs.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 10:46 AM
It'll come back, one way or another.

As Kali mentioned, just about every 'exclusive' pet has come back and people have been itching for SnS for a long time.

The current owners have had them for a year, so they've been at the top of the food chain long enough.

Give it time, very few items in this game are sacred, esp eggs.

How long? it's been a year and remi just said (see my original post) that it won't be back this year...

I'd just really like them to tell us if it will ever be back... Or if there will ever be a better pet.... Or if we've been waiting around for the last year hoping and waiting in vain... And the best that AL has to offer is already done and gone.... Hehe....

Edit* Not ranting sts... That was my way of sarcastic inspiration

Dalmony
04-03-2015, 10:47 AM
To be honest this talk about how "the leaderboard players of Ursoths Wrath 2014" worked really hard and put a lot of time in is starting to wear a little thin.

They aren't the only ones....

There are a LOT of players who invest all of their time in this game and many more who invest a great deal of money in this game, and they should all have access to the best gear, the best pets, and the best treatment from StS.

Participating in the Ursoths Wrath Lb 2014 yes it was an achievement, but to be quite frank it isn't an achievement which outshines what all of the other players have done and been doing in game ever for the past year.

Litheus
04-03-2015, 10:48 AM
they be made craftable

Sorcerie
04-03-2015, 10:53 AM
How long? it's been a year and remi just said (see my original post) that it won't be back this year...

I'd just really like them to tell us if it will ever be back... Or if there will ever be a better pet.... Or if we've been waiting around for the last year hoping and waiting in vain... And the best that AL has to offer is already done and gone.... Hehe....

Edit* Not ranting sts... That was my way of sarcastic inspirationTo be fair, they have been discontinued for the past year, so she's not wrong about that, but that post from Remiem didn't seem to denote that they would remain discontinued. js

Give them the benefit of the doubt, for now at least...

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 10:54 AM
To be honest this talk about how "the leaderboard players of Ursoths Wrath 2014" worked really hard and put a lot of time in is starting to wear a little thin.

They aren't the only ones....

There are a LOT of players who invest all of their time in this game and many more who invest a great deal of money in this game, and they should all have access to the best gear, the best pets, and the best treatment from StS.

Participating in the Ursoths Wrath Lb 2014 yes it was an achievement, but to be quite frank it isn't an achievement which outshines what all of the other players have done and been doing in game ever for the past year.

Yes this!!!!....

I've done many lbs as have many others and all we ever got was vanity stuff.... We don't want the top gear unobtainable anymore... I assumed that these would return on future and anniversary events, but if not that's just really frustrating.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 10:55 AM
To be fair, they have been discontinued for the past year, so she's not wrong about that, but that post from Remiem didn't seem to denote that they would remain discontinued. js

Give them the benefit of the doubt, for now at least...

That's why I'm asking... I'd like to know. :-)

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Exclusive op items like sns are a mistake. How can sts put the best items in the hands if a few people. There's people like myself who want the best items but now Remiem made a public announcement saying that will never happen. I don't think they consider how that makes everyone else feel.

I'm all outta thanks today, but this is exactly how we all feel. My heart sank when I saw that post saying it won't be back.

Anyona
04-03-2015, 11:45 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if SNS did return in the Ursoth Event this year.
I think Remiem just said that to try and clear the air about the whole "transferring" pets situation.

nevercan
04-03-2015, 11:50 AM
I'm all outta thanks today, but this is exactly how we all feel. My heart sank when I saw that post saying it won't be back.
Mine didnt because i know i wil never be able to buy one.

raw
04-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Dalmony hit the nail on the head there. There's no reason why a player who dedicates tens of millions of gold (or thousands of plat) during an event should win the most OP pet in the entire game. There is very little motivation for most players to farm. Sure the new event is nice, and provides some sort of incentive to farm, but looking at my friends list it seems like at least 95% of my list is inactive.

What we are all failing to realize is that these frustrations are all about our hope of obtaining an SnS in another Ursoth-like event. Think about how intense this lb will be. With the re-release of SnS comes extremely unhealthy competition (players not sleeping, drama amongst players who are trying to tie, multiple players running on single accounts, macros, etc.)

Instead of re-releasing this pet - which they already did on accident during the winter event - they should create a pet to counter it in PvE. While Nekro does provide some sort of counter in PvP, in PvE there is nothign that comes close. As a timed runner I can tell you that nearly every single upper elite this season will consist of at least one SnS player. You want to know why? Because they can simply use the Arcane Ability in corners where the pools stack and GG.

There are two things we need to focus on. First, that although we are upset, the vast majority of players would not benefit from the pet coming back. Remember that the forums probably only account for 5-10% of players in Arcane Legends. Instead we should be up in arms as to why there have not been any pets to counter it in PvE (like a mythic version of SnS).

So before we all get too worked out, realize that SnS is not the end-all, and although it's really unfair for it not to return, I think its return would put the game off balance even more by keeping the SnS in the hands of the same people who had it in the first place.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 11:59 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if SNS did return in the Ursoth Event this year.
I think Remiem just said that to try and clear the air about the whole "transferring" pets situation.

I sincerely hope so.... Even all the people I know that already have sns were assuming it would return this year (and even they agree that's it's been best long enough).... A year is long time to wait... If it's not coming back then i think there really needs to be better pet released.

Remi sounded pretty definitive in that statement though and the way she phrased it doesn't leave room for much hope to the contrary... I'd really like them to tell us what the deal is with these pets.

Mine didnt because i know i wil never be able to buy one.

I was planning on going insane this year to get one.... Sorry boss... I can't work this week... Need a shady n surge.... Lol.... Jk

Ardbeg
04-03-2015, 12:03 PM
if stg has decided not to bring sns back, they most probably will bring something better instead.

imho nekro already is the better overall pet, and i can compare. the next big pet maybe will outshine sns in timed runs.

it s in the nature of mmos to evolve item stats over time and it s in the nature of mmo producers to provide the items and earn a living from that.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Dalmony hit the nail on the head there. There's no reason why a player who dedicates tens of millions of gold (or thousands of plat) during an event should win the most OP pet in the entire game. There is very little motivation for most players to farm. Sure the new event is nice, and provides some sort of incentive to farm, but looking at my friends list it seems like at least 95% of my list is inactive.

What we are all failing to realize is that these frustrations are all about our hope of obtaining an SnS in another Ursoth-like event. Think about how intense this lb will be. With the re-release of SnS comes extremely unhealthy competition (players not sleeping, drama amongst players who are trying to tie, multiple players running on single accounts, macros, etc.)

Instead of re-releasing this pet - which they already did on accident during the winter event - they should create a pet to counter it in PvE. While Nekro does provide some sort of counter in PvP, in PvE there is nothign that comes close. As a timed runner I can tell you that nearly every single upper elite this season will consist of at least one SnS player. You want to know why? Because they can simply use the Arcane Ability in corners where the pools stack and GG.

There are two things we need to focus on. First, that although we are upset, the vast majority of players would not benefit from the pet coming back. Remember that the forums probably only account for 5-10% of players in Arcane Legends. Instead we should be up in arms as to why there have not been any pets to counter it in PvE (like a mythic version of SnS).

So before we all get too worked out, realize that SnS is not the end-all, and although it's really unfair for it not to return, I think its return would put the game off balance even more by keeping the SnS in the hands of the same people who had it in the first place.

Raw... I totally agree...

I'm fully aware that if re-released that event is gonna be insane...

But as I run with many times runners sns is crazy op.... I do appreciate that necrko got a buff and is a decent counter in pvp, but as far as any pve pet goes (especially for timed runs) sns still takes the cake hands down... There needs to be a pve pet (not less than, but equal too) this pet...

If not it just leaves the rest of us striving to get second best.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 12:13 PM
if stg has decided not to bring sns back, they most probably will bring something better instead.

imho nekro already is the better overall pet, and i can compare. the next big pet maybe will outshine sns in timed runs.

it s in the nature of mmos to evolve item stats over time and it s in the nature of mmo producers to provide the items and earn a living from that.

That's my whole question.... If no more sns then are we getting something better?

And necrko is awesome, but not for the same things.... Apples n oranges :-)

Dalmony
04-03-2015, 12:34 PM
I think that if anyone was expecting the return of Shady and Surge this year, the most realistic expectation was that it would be put into the event crates and that it would return annually, a bit like Whim. But then that still ties the 1 stand-out pet of the game to an extremely short availability when really it should be the ultimate prize that we are working towards all expansion long.

Putting it as a lb prize would just recreate the exact same problem (not to mention the ethically dubious nature of these types of lb events as a whole, and what they psychologically encourage players to do during the weeks of the event.)

Raw is right... if SnS currently occupies a ball park all of it's own, the best solution is to step up the game on pet stats (both pvp and pve orientated) and populate that park with other competitive pets - that's pets plural; New Arcane pets which outshine SnS, new mythic pets which are on a par with SnS or only slightly worse, and new legendary pets which are just slightly worse again (Not new legendary pets with meh stats which are never going to make it to the top of anyones pet rotation *new crate pets I'm looking at you.*)

Give us lots of new and highly desirable options, including some which are equal to and some which are greater than SnS.

His rise to OP-ville was based on the assumption that the power of pets an items should increase in order of release into the game, and his retirement from the limelight should be based on that same assumption, as well as being based on all of the other valid points raised in this thread.....

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 01:24 PM
I think that if anyone was expecting the return of Shady and Surge this year, the most realistic expectation was that it would be put into the event crates and that it would return annually, a bit like Whim. But then that still ties the 1 stand-out pet of the game to an extremely short availability when really it should be the ultimate prize that we are working towards all expansion long.

Putting it as a lb prize would just recreate the exact same problem (not to mention the ethically dubious nature of these types of lb events as a whole, and what they psychologically encourage players to do during the weeks of the event.)

Raw is right... if SnS currently occupies a ball park all of it's own, the best solution is to step up the game on pet stats (both pvp and pve orientated) and populate that park with other competitive pets - that's pets plural; New Arcane pets which outshine SnS, new mythic pets which are on a par with SnS or only slightly worse, and new legendary pets which are just slightly worse again (Not new legendary pets with meh stats which are never going to make it to the top of anyones pet rotation *new crate pets I'm looking at you.*)

Give us lots of new and highly desirable options, including some which are equal to and some which are greater than SnS.

His rise to OP-ville was based on the assumption that the power of pets an items should increase in order of release into the game, and his retirement from the limelight should be based on that same assumption, as well as being based on all of the other valid points raised in this thread.....

Yes... I'd be totally fine and shut my mouth if I could expect a new pet released that tops (or at least even mininum) with sns in the next couple months.

However I'm tired of waiting... It's already been a year and sooner is better than later.

Really hope they read this thread and give us an explanation soon

*edit was for spelling errors... Hate auto correct, lol

Dex Scene
04-03-2015, 01:48 PM
I might get banned. But yeah... truth is , stg likes some ppl more than others who likes Sns to be allowed to be traded to alt but not be available for other people anymore!
Case closed!

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 01:52 PM
I might get banned. But yeah... truth is , stg likes some ppl more than others who likes Sns to be allowed to be traded to alt but not be available for other people anymore!
Case closed!

I'll be honest... Though I don't think the trade was fair since pet was already lvled... I'd like to keep this thread about what's going to happen now... Will sns ever come back? Will better pet be released this urs event? Or are we all just waiting in vain?

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Could combine this thread with sns reaction thread... Same deal

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 03:43 PM
This one...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218762-SnS-Reaction-Thread
And bump, lol

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 04:34 PM
SNS isn't going anywhere for a very long time and it's going to take one heck of an OP pet to be able to top SNS (at which point people will cry for a nerf like they're doing about Nekro). The thing with nekro is that maybe 1 nekro per team is better than 1 sns per team. However, 2 nekro is not better than 2 SNS. Yesterday we had a clash where our team had 3 Nekros and I was third in line for AA, which pretty much made mine completely useless and I went to Samael. But, 3 SNS spammed to either stack or the be in a chain is extremely OP and absolutely difficult to beat. This pet is going to be the best pet in the game until the day this game dies.

I don't think this thread and that one are talking about the same thing. Zeus' thread was more of a joke to lighten things up a bit I think.

I think the real problem is that STS employees don't play this game at a high level. Sure, maybe they log in and run around a bit but if they seriously tried to be competitive in this game, they would realize SNS has been a finger in our eye for the last year and now this latest deal with transferring pets just adds insult to injury.

Yes, yes, and yes...

I know Zeus's thread was started as a joke, but he said same thing and then whole thread turned that direction so I figured might as well combine them... Also I don't want to put any words in his mouth, but he stated that these pets need to end their rein as well....

And I totally agree with the fact that sts doesn't play their game enough... I believe they look to us for ideas and thoughts, but they fail at hearing the minority and not the majority sometimes.... As an mmo it's only gonna last if it's m.... Without the masses the rest get bored fast too.

And the goal of any of these type of games is to obtain the best gear/pets

Twix
04-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Sts employees use packs in arena, charge Nox bolt on one mob. They use heal(mage) in elites and use modifiers to get through an elite. If they ever took time to actually play game..

obee
04-03-2015, 07:31 PM
SNS isn't going anywhere for a very long time and it's going to take one heck of an OP pet to be able to top SNS (at which point people will cry for a nerf like they're doing about Nekro). The thing with nekro is that maybe 1 nekro per team is better than 1 sns per team. However, 2 nekro is not better than 2 SNS. Yesterday we had a clash where our team had 3 Nekros and I was third in line for AA, which pretty much made mine completely useless and I went to Samael. But, 3 SNS spammed to either stack or the be in a chain is extremely OP and absolutely difficult to beat. This pet is going to be the best pet in the game until the day this game dies.

I don't think this thread and that one are talking about the same thing. Zeus' thread was more of a joke to lighten things up a bit I think.

I think the real problem is that STS employees don't play this game at a high level. Sure, maybe they log in and run around a bit but if they seriously tried to be competitive in this game, they would realize SNS has been a finger in our eye for the last year and now this latest deal with transferring pets just adds insult to injury.Exactly. We've said it again, STS, play your own game. And we don't mean logging on and saying "Hey guys look at me!". If you don't know how to play, look on your own forums.

Bellaelda
04-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Im not sure if that's the issue, but it might explain why they let such a small group of people have the best pet in game for almost a year now...

I just want to be able to achieve the best or at least have a hope or something better coming... If the best stuff is already done and gone and the small group of people that did one event a year ago are forever gonna have the best, than what exactly do the rest of us have to look forward to?

.no
04-04-2015, 04:23 AM
People who ran for sns were mostly plat buyers. As we kno sts caters only their buyers. They spend tons of plat especial for events. Makes sense. Surely hell spent thousands $$$$ for plats so sts transfer his sns. Its all about who's rich in real life.

^^^^

Enterradora
04-04-2015, 07:00 AM
meh i want a chance to get SnS zzzz

Axesam
04-04-2015, 12:41 PM
The point is not about sns discontinue, but the special treatment for special ppl. Even elitetwink aka madxnoob got his sns transfered after this bang (i hope so) the case isnt closed, next question is why they was reject and now approve this transfer thing?

Arpluvial
04-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Hey guys,

I am going to go ahead and lock down this thread to prevent further drama. Rest assured that feedback is getting passed along to the team. Remi will address things later this coming week.

Let's keep things friendly and forum appropriate. :)