PDA

View Full Version : Pre-paid Visa Card issues

Skirozan
03-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Okay, so I reached the free level cap of 13 and decided to go out and buy one of those pre paid visa cards to purchase some extra content so that I can continue on with the game and everytime I try to make a purchase on the webside it declines my card! Now, I called the customer service number for the visa card and they said it's 100% active and ready for use and I even used it to buy gas to make sure, my balance is $39.60 and I'm trying to buy $5 in platinum and it won't let me! This card is supposed to be good "anywhere visa is accepted" and since not everyone has a credit card and not a lot of people like to use their card online they purchase these, I've purchased hundreds throughout the years to make purchases online and NEVER had an issue until today.

Is there a customer service number that I can call? Seriously, this is very maddening since I am willing to spend the $$$ on game content but Spacetime doesn't seem to want my money, why would I continue on if I can't buy platinum?

Echelong
03-21-2011, 08:01 AM
One question. Are you using your phone web browser? if you are there seems to be a problem with it and won't let you buy platinum.

If you are on a MAC or PC then contact sts they are very helpful, just send them an e-mail to:

support(at)spacetimestudios.com

Also you could use the contact us link on the bottom of the page. here is a link

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/sendmessage.php

Skirozan
03-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I just sent them an e-mail with my concerns. I'm using my PC to make the transaction and it's still declining it for some reason, if Spacetime can't resolve this then they have lost a customer and have probably lost lots of potential customers because of reasons just like this.

thugimmortal
03-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I just sent them an e-mail with my concerns. I'm using my PC to make the transaction and it's still declining it for some reason, if Spacetime can't resolve this then they have lost a customer and have probably lost lots of potential customers because of reasons just like this.

I feel your pain we need mobile payments

Echelong
03-21-2011, 08:11 AM

Don't worry they do help out a lot and try their hardest to keep their costumers happy. One of the best developers I've seen on my long gaming experience. (since Atari)

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 08:12 AM
It should be dealt with by today. The week just started so the support service was probably off.

Edit:

Wow noob question but, where do I go to see the plat purchase option on their website?

MoarPewPew
03-21-2011, 08:12 AM
The pre paid visa cards do not work everywhere.
Online transactions do not always work with these cards. (There are problems with the authorization process often) I have had problems trying to do this with Warcraft.
If you want to, I suggest buying an iTunes card.

I would contact the company of the pre paid card.

Skirozan
03-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't play PL on Apple so an iTunes card wouldn't do me any good, I'm using an Android based phone. I've never had an issue with these cards before and I've used them almost everywhere online from small mom & pop sites to heavy hitters like Amazon, I've been using them for about 6 years now and it's worked out wonderfully.

Physiologic
03-21-2011, 08:21 AM
+1 to MoarPewPew's suggestion. I've had experiences in which prepaid visa cards did not work with online transactions as well (but everywhere else it did work). This is most likely an issue with the prepaid card, NOT Spacetime Studios. Regardless, e-mail both - STS is very quick to reply :)

Skirozan
03-21-2011, 08:24 AM
+1 to MoarPewPew's suggestion. I've had experiences in which prepaid visa cards did not work with online transactions as well (but everywhere else it did work). This is most likely an issue with the prepaid card, NOT Spacetime Studios. Regardless, e-mail both - STS is very quick to reply :)

How is an iTunes card going to do me any good when I'm playing the game on an Android based phone?

Echelong
03-21-2011, 08:26 AM
How is an iTunes card going to do me any good when I'm playing the game on an Android based phone?

It won't unless you crate an itunes account which you can do it downloading itunes and merge that account with your PL account. Well I am not 100% sure but it should work.

Justg
03-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Just email support(at)spacetimestudios.com. They will take care of you!

Vafie
03-21-2011, 09:10 AM
you should contact a dev directly or email spacetime studious
Another option would be to use the visa card to buy itunes cards ;)

HorizonSon
03-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I was unaware that one could buy $5 worth??? I thought it was $10, $20 and $50 increments... Secondly; I used paypal straight from within the game, no problem ;-)

davidis57
03-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Those pre-paid cards do not work on the internet. contact the card issuer tell them you wamt to use it online. It usually costs $19.95 to use it online. Its a one time fee.

Skirozan
03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Those pre-paid cards do not work on the internet. contact the card issuer tell them you wamt to use it online. It usually costs $19.95 to use it online. Its a one time fee.

This is waaaay off from the truth. I constantly use pre paid gift cards online for all of my online purchases and they world perfectly fine and in the 5 years I've used them online I've NEVER and I repeate NEVER had an issue, that is until I tried to use them on this game. So, I e-mailed Spacetime and they sent a reply back stating that it was a mix up on their end and they fixed it and asked me to push through my order again, so I did and it went through PERFECTLY. I now have my platinum and my game content that I wanted and in the end it was all just a hang up on their end, it happens, it's all good.

But yeah, in my 5 years of using these cards on a weekly basis I've never ran into a glitch before and they work on every website I've ever made a purchase through, I highly recommend them!

Frenzyn
03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Okay, so I reached the free level cap of 13 and decided to go out and buy one of those pre paid visa cards to purchase some extra content so that I can continue on with the game and everytime I try to make a purchase on the webside it declines my card! Now, I called the customer service number for the visa card and they said it's 100% active and ready for use and I even used it to buy gas to make sure, my balance is $39.60 and I'm trying to buy $5 in platinum and it won't let me! This card is supposed to be good "anywhere visa is accepted" and since not everyone has a credit card and not a lot of people like to use their card online they purchase these, I've purchased hundreds throughout the years to make purchases online and NEVER had an issue until today.

Is there a customer service number that I can call? Seriously, this is very maddening since I am willing to spend the $$$ on game content but Spacetime doesn't seem to want my money, why would I continue on if I can't buy platinum?

It takes 2 days to verify if you run it into paypal, then from paypal you can use it on itunes if you link the accounts.
That is a solution you can take.