PDA

View Full Version : suggestion- elixir effect hats!

superss
03-21-2011, 09:44 AM
hi all what if there were hats that increased xp? or speed? or armor?

i like the idea and big luck is one of the them. it increases luck. so why not other elixir effects in hats or amour? pls comment if you like or have any ideas concerning this!

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Good idea, but in my opinion, they should give less than elixirs do - by less I mean half maybe?

They shouldn't be stackable with elixirs either.

That way, these hats don't really give a total advantage to plat spenders from gold, since gold can still buy the better elixirs. It'd just be a somewhat cheaper and less tapping way to have a permanent elixir on. (Revenue for STS here ;))

superss
03-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Good idea, but in my opinion, they should give less than elixirs do - by less I mean half maybe?

They shouldn't be stackable with elixirs either.

That way, these hats don't really give a total advantage to plat spenders from gold, since gold can still buy the better elixirs. It'd just be a somewhat cheaper and less tapping way to have a permanent elixir on. (Revenue for STS here ;))

i agree that would have to be done but that would still be awesome

Arterra
03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Take the Plat cost off elixers
Add on permanent but weak vanity elixir helms
??????
PROFIT FOR PLAYER AND STS

Beez
03-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Take the Plat cost off elixers
Add on permanent but weak vanity elixir helms
??????
PROFIT FOR PLAYER AND STS

you would be taking the profit for the player at the expense of STS. Lol if the hat cost 15 plat that would be 2 elixirs if you bought only the pot. So it sounds like you would only help us.

Plus the elixirs cost relatively no money and the purpose is to keep the economy in order. So 1.5k for dmg pots and 6k for xp pots mean they are cheap when one boss drop yields you 300k+ on the CS

Doesnt sound like a good idea to me. Inflation already owns PL if you do this you are only asking for trouble.

Ellyidol
03-21-2011, 11:10 AM
you would be taking the profit for the player at the expense of STS. Lol if the hat cost 15 plat that would be 2 elixirs if you bought only the pot. So it sounds like you would only help us.

Plus the elixirs cost relatively no money and the purpose is to keep the economy in order. So 1.5k for dmg pots and 6k for xp pots mean they are cheap when one boss drop yields you 300k+ on the CS

Doesnt sound like a good idea to me. Inflation already owns PL if you do this you are only asking for trouble.

Which is why these hats, if ever implemented, should only give half of what elixirs give at most.

If a 50% damage hat came along, I would still probably use a 1.5k one for the 100%. Same goes for Exp pots. Unless of course everyone would stop on the gold-elixirs - again why making them very slight is important if this were to even be a good idea.

superss
03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
i can see your troubles beez but that is not their main income for the game. i mean you can buy it with coins so i do that. i still like ellyidol's idea.

Arterra
03-21-2011, 12:03 PM

Wait how am I hurting the players again? Do you want people to buy pots with Plat? Trust me, I did by accident once and it was not fun. And lol at taking the players money for the big bad developers, that's what they are currently doing anyways.

The percentage is not even that high. For a medium high Plat option you can get a weak but permanent elixir, or for easy to get gold you can get a high chance of luck or high amounts of damag/xp/etc.

Beez
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Aterra,

First gratz on making a post that doesnt really make sense. However, if you take the time to read my post. I was commenting on what you said with the 'profit for both players and sts' which is not true. The profit is only going to the players. And I would agree that the main source of their coming is not from elixir buys. However, if you accidently buy a elixir you wasted atleast 6 plat. Which is kinda over priced but thats another debate. The purpose of that being there is to make you use the plat so you have to go and buy more. This game is basically free... if you spec yourself right and buy the dungeons you could get by with playing this game for months on 20 bucks. Compared to other MMORPG where you spend 40 on the initial game/download. And the Devs are actually operating on basically nothing so how can you honestly say they are big bad devs? Your logic makes me LOL.

Elly,
My point is the idea, by itself, sounds decent. But you are basically saying 'Hey devs ill give you 15plat if you perma buff my char'. Which sounds alright from our end? But for the game as a whole you are basically forcing people into buying these items. The thing about big luck is there is a low % chance that you will get lucky then from there you only reroll... It is not a guaranteed win of the item. But you are asking for a static buff.

And even still you have yet to address the issue of the overflow of money that would happen.. There would need to be adjustments made to CTK and PP because the 60k an hour would just make all the items worth over 3mil. I mean for items that drop kinda regularly are going for 250-500k on the CS.

I think you are off on this one.

Arterra
03-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Aterra,

First gratz on making a post that doesnt really make sense. However, if you take the time to read my post. I was commenting on what you said with the 'profit for both players and sts' which is not true. The profit is only going to the players. And I would agree that the main source of their coming is not from elixir buys. However, if you accidently buy a elixir you wasted atleast 6 plat. Which is kinda over priced but thats another debate. The purpose of that being there is to make you use the plat so you have to go and buy more. This game is basically free... if you spec yourself right and buy the dungeons you could get by with playing this game for months on 20 bucks. Compared to other MMORPG where you spend 40 on the initial game/download. And the Devs are actually operating on basically nothing so how can you honestly say they are big bad devs? Your logic makes me LOL.

im going to spell this out clearly, since you remind me of Mr. Banned, and he required a good answer.

First gratz on making a post that doesnt really make sense. However, if you take the time to read my post.
flame. blah.

I was commenting on what you said with the 'profit for both players and sts' which is not true. The profit is only going to the players. And I would agree that the main source of their coming is not from elixir buys.

let me spell out the economic profits (not accounting profits):
-players can buy items that help them farm, grind, kill, move faster, etc if they so wish. NOTICE: we have all gotten by without these before, so dont feel left out by the fact that you currently cant afford them. effects are supposed to be minimal anyways, and i have yet to even see someone get a pink reroll off the hat. there are always going to be new free plat options on app wall anyways.
-STS gets actual money off these player buff items, which as you pointed out is not part of their current main payroll. more money: more development, more game for us.

And the Devs are actually operating on basically nothing so how can you honestly say they are big bad devs? Your logic makes me LOL.

half flaming me, half misreading (on both sides)
thought you where suggesting the DEVS where on the better side of that kind of deal, and you thought i was saying that exact thing. let it go for the love of God.

as for my reference to you as Banned, only as far as the arguing style from my experience, idk. wish i knew him better.

anyways... i hate it when suggestions and ideas go out like this

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 02:13 PM
im going to spell this out clearly, since you remind me of Mr. Banned, and he required a good answer.

flame. blah.

-players can buy items that help them farm, grind, kill, move faster, etc if they so wish. NOTICE: we have all gotten by without these before, so dont feel left out by the fact that you currently cant afford them. effects are supposed to be minimal anyways, and i have yet to even see someone get a pink reroll off the hat. there are always going to be new free plat options on app wall anyways.
-STS gets actual money off these player buff items, which as you pointed out is not part of their current main payroll. more money: more development, more game for us.

thought you where suggesting the DEVS where on the better side of that kind of deal, and you thought i was saying that exact thing. let it go for the love of God.

as for my reference to you as Banned, only as far as the arguing style from my experience, idk. wish i knew him better.

5 Charm points for the good Banned impression :)

Arterra
03-21-2011, 02:17 PM
5 Charm points for the good Banned impression :)

making sure to store them up

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 02:21 PM
making sure to store them up

Lol, love it in your sig :)

Beez
03-21-2011, 02:30 PM

flame. blah.

I dont see how you answered anything actually other than pointing out where i got a little sassy...

The fact is you are asking for a perma buff. One that is not needed currently (note all zones can be cleared under 5min without pots minus Shadows)

So this comes all down to economic vs account profits - which you didnt define nor reference once in your breakdown. But i have actually won a Royal sewer helm on a 'feeling lucky' and reroll about two hours ago. And the fact that I can afford anything? For someone that is pointing out flaming posts? Lol I am full fury with 1m+ in cash so please check yourself before you wreck yourself lol sorry Due date reference.

But my number one point is that the majority of the players would buy these hats and not touch the gold elixirs. Reasoning? Why buy an additional buff that will null one that i paid plat for. so let me break this down so you can understand it.

I DO AGREE IT IS A COOL IDEA

BUT IT IS NOT PRACTICAL

Keohike
03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey everyone let start arguing about a suggestion that might never even be implemented., hahahah

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone let start arguing about a suggestion that might never even be implemented., hahahah

I suggest that we all buy golden unicorns for 1500 plat and ride them over the rainbow over Alterra.

Keohike
03-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I suggest that we all buy golden unicorns for 1500 plat and ride them over the rainbow over Alterra.

Ladylove please don't use drugs.

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Ladylove please don't use drugs.

I don't :) No drugs, no alcohol. Ima good kid ;)

Keohike
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Seems to me like you on on something. lol But good idea haha

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Seems to me like you on on something. lol But good idea haha

Lol, I was trying to use sarcasm in response to your suggestion to lighten things up :)

Keohike
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
hmmmmm
5 thumbs up

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
hmmmmm
5 thumbs up

Oh yeah!!!

Parasyte
03-21-2011, 03:38 PM
This is an AWESOME idea. I think it would be better if (not sure if this has been said i only scimmed it :D) it would be like you get it for say 3 hours when IN GAME so your 3 hours dont go out say when your sleeping. Just so you dont get a lifetime supply of 1.0% exp gain or damage etc.

Nightarcher
03-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I think I'll try to sum up my thoughts on this whole thread right here:

1. Removing plat options on elixirs? Meh, doesnt matter. It's annoying when you buy them by accident but nobody uses plat for them. The devs will keep the option there in case somebody somewhere wants to.

2. This suggestion (hats) will benefit players and devs. Devs... everyone will get one no matter the cost, because hey it does something! So they'll make money. And it might help players, meh. Depends on the effect.

4. Personally I dislike this because VANITY is for LOOKS and shouldn't give stats in my opinion.

3. I want a unicorn.

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I think I'll try to sum up my thoughts on this whole thread right here:

1. Removing plat options on elixirs? Meh, doesnt matter. It's annoying when you buy them by accident but nobody uses plat for them. The devs will keep the option there in case somebody somewhere wants to.

2. This suggestion (hats) will benefit players and devs. Devs... everyone will get one no matter the cost, because hey it does something! So they'll make money. And it might help players, meh. Depends on the effect.

4. Personally I dislike this because VANITY is for LOOKS and shouldn't give stats in my opinion.

3. I want a unicorn.

HUZZAH for number 3, which is for some reason after number 4!

superglut2
03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Hmm, i dont know about all these hats. I wabt boots and belts.

Nightarcher
03-21-2011, 06:46 PM
HUZZAH for number 3, which is for some reason after number 4!

Congratulations! Your observation skills have earned you a FREE* unicorn!

*Nightarcher is not responsible for any and all damage to property and/or your internal organs due to misuse of any and all rewards won in any and all contests which may or may not be safe for children under the age of 99.

Conradin
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
boots and belts would be nice... and scabards..

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! Your observation skills have earned you a FREE* unicorn!

*Nightarcher is not responsible for any and all damage to property and/or your internal organs due to misuse of any and all rewards won in any and all contests which may or may not be safe for children under the age of 99.

Holla fo a dolla!

@ Conradin: I want stilettos and a fashionable handbag.