PDA

View Full Version : Buying platinum with giftcard

Crywolf
03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi guys i m planning on buying the 165 plat so I don't have to keep buying 30 and 30 again. But I have trust issues when purchasing online. We also talked bout this in my financial literacy class, she recommends us using a gift card when purchasing online.

So, is it alright if I purchase platinum using a walmart/albertson gift card? Cause I really don't wanna use my debit.

Hope to hear from you guys

Keohike
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Umm i brought over like 50 bucks worth of plat on my iphone through itunes. Now i regret it, :(

Diodge
03-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I use google. I have my account linked to my phones e-mail.
I had my bank make a 2nd account with a debit card(they even used a weird name). They locked it so I can only have 200.00 in the account. If the account has a bunch of charges in a quick amount of time. They lock it down. This was all free.

I never had a problem. I use it all the time for apps and buying online.

Umm i brought over like 50 bucks worth of plat on my iphone through itunes. Now i regret it, :(
Did you get hacked or something?

Keohike
03-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I use google. I have my account linked to my phones e-mail.
I had my bank make a 2nd account with a debit card(they even used a weird name). They locked it so I can only have 200.00 in the account. If the account has a bunch of charges in a quick amount of time. They lock it down. This was all free.

I never had a problem. I use it all the time for apps and buying online.

Did you get hacked or something?

No i thought STS would make more maps and items. I didn't know it take them a while. Good thing my last plat buy was only like 165 cuz they took out the 800 plat on itunes.

kallima
03-21-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm jealous, Keo! I only have like 130plat left to spend on Blackstar and pretty sure I will burn through those quickly.

But back to topic, I use Google checkout and no problems yet. Fingers crossed as I knock on wood.

Lizardfeather
03-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi guys i m planning on buying the 165 plat so I don't have to keep buying 30 and 30 again. But I have trust issues when purchasing online. We also talked bout this in my financial literacy class, she recommends us using a gift card when purchasing online.

So, is it alright if I purchase platinum using a walmart/albertson gift card? Cause I really don't wanna use my debit.

Hope to hear from you guys

You can probably go buy an itunes giftcard as well :) Or if you're on an android buy whatever gift card that is.

BlueMagma
03-21-2011, 08:54 PM
i recently used paypal through the Pocket Legends website since it has the option of purchasing online without making any accounts.

And like Keohike, i also spent around $50 on plat (in total mind u) and was feeling regret as well. but at least i know someone else has spent around the same :D

All u hardcore players out there feeling regret from all your purchases, you're not alone

Pharcyde
03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm not feeling the regret, I am feeling the need to buy more. I have spent 80 bucks on this game, and plat is running tight again. NOTE!!!!! I am a collector, I spend hundreds of plat on holiday items and gears. This game does not leach you of money, it is a good one time purchase game.

Then, you do know buying on the internet is safer then buying stuff with a credit card at a store right?

Lesrider
03-21-2011, 09:05 PM
I've been buying things online with my credit card for years, and never had a problem. Just don't buy from stores that look like they're made by a guy in his basement stealing people's identities.

Ironically, I lost/misplaced my card yesterday and had to close the account. Even though there were no unauthorized charges. Fun stuff.

BlueMagma
03-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Yea Pharcyde's right, and i like the "platinum" arrangement. Personally, i only spend plat on campaigns and certain items like Big Luck (since it has that re-roll). i can spend $10 on $75 plat and that'll last me around 6 months depending on how fast, slow or how much content is released in updates.

Keohike
03-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Well for 1 time purchase a 165 plat would be enough. This will get you all maps and you still have enough left over,

Otukura
03-21-2011, 10:32 PM
This game does not leach you of money, it is a good one time purchase game.

:'(

Not with rings....

FluffNStuff
03-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Assume you are on android or would have just gone with an itunes gift card. Question, do they still accept amazon? I have seen amazon gift cards in super markets and convenience stores.

Otukura
03-21-2011, 10:43 PM
They accept amazon payments, but I do not believe amazon payments accepts amazon gift cards, seeing as you buy amazon gift cards thru amazon parments...

:s

Correct me if I'm wrong?

FluffNStuff
03-21-2011, 10:47 PM
They accept amazon payments, but I do not believe amazon payments accepts amazon gift cards, seeing as you buy amazon gift cards thru amazon parments...

:s

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Yes you use amazon gift cards through amazon payments.

Otukura
03-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Really? I is are happy nao... time to go crazy with plat... blahahah

EDIT: just googled it, man, I feel so STUPID.... this means there ARE free ways of getting plat... gotta PM someone.. but forget who...