PDA

View Full Version : XP for quests - a cure for power levelling?

Caire-boo
03-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I am getting increasingly frustrated by the power levellers, and people who barge through Pocket Legends without bothering to learn their class or boss tactics. In the last week I have had a level 55 ask me what disease was when I mentioned it in reference to Gold Fever, and a level 56 asked me what AOE was, and I've lost count of the number of players I've seen attacking a grate as others pass it by resulting on one occasion in a total wipe.

I have explained in other posts why I think power levellers are not just causing damage to other players, but missing out on so much of the wonderful game themselves. It has become such a problem that I have even considered not playing, and I really feel it is time to find a solution to suit everyone.

One idea, and I'm sure it must have been broached before, is for quests to give xp. That way you get rewarded for playing through the game properly. If you go back and do a level 5 quest at level 55 you get only a small portion of xp. Alternatively you only get xp if you are within the recommended level for the area.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on this. As a power leveller would xp rewards make you more likely to do quests? As a dev is there a reason you decided not to give xp as a quest reward? Do you have any other ideas to stop power levellers?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Arterra
03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I hate all quests. Getting extra xp while doing grinding quests in later levels makes it worth it, since I'm grinding anyways.

Beez
03-21-2011, 10:53 AM
In defense of the 55er the 'disease' you speak of is a debuff. So i think that one was kinda your fault for not explaing properly haha. But I would agree that quests giving more than some chump change (like 100g?) would be nice. And def a XP boost would be nice. But thats heading down the road of WoW and other games.

drewcapu
03-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Well, judging by now much gold is giving in quests, any xp that would theoretically be given for turning in quests would be pretty laughable.

;)

superss
03-21-2011, 11:00 AM
agreed. if it dose come out all already completed quests should still give xp automatically. and if ur 56 it saves the xp for next cap :)

kopi
03-21-2011, 11:10 AM
In defense of grates, its not a noob would attack it but its dev's design that any auto attack would auto target the grates. I have see many cases like this , especially ranged attack. Even taunt cause grates to explode, a bear trying to save lives end up killing

Caire-boo
03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Beez you are correct and when he/she asked I explained how it worked. Kopi yes auto attack can be done in error but I have seen a Mage running up the grates casting lightening, and more commonly people pass the grates themselves, then get to top and stomp/cast lightening, not realising/caring that there are people behind them still passing grates.

Drewcapu, I think if xp was given then maybe the monetary gain would alter accordingly, maybe not. Any extra ibcentive to level properly is good. Superss makes a good point though. For those that have already levelled would have missed out.

I must also repeat that I am constantly learning and have made silly mistakes myself. I just think you are less likely to make them so often if you levelled properly.