PDA

View Full Version : Up to 55 w/o a pink?

Snakespeare
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I have a guess about these guys who are complaining that they didn't get "a single pink" on their way to 55. I think they leveled to 53 in CtK, and used 3x XP potions for their last 2 levels, which would mean that they only got about 50 chances for a drop. See, you end up clearing about 85 mobs in Hideout, at yellow threat that is 147 xp which tripled is 441. So even if you conservatively round it down to 400, you would only need 20 runs or so per level for levels 54 and 55.

The drop rate for pinks is low, maybe less than 1%, so ... no wonder they aren't getting pinks.

Moogerfooger
03-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Just FYI, running 3x in Hideout will get you about 330-340xp, that is with skipping the 12 on the hall to the Vault. Is 100 mobs total minus those 12, the 88 killed on a normal run (without Blanky) = about 340xp.

But agreed on the no-pink 54/55 complaints.

StompArtist
03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I have a guess about these guys who are complaining that they didn't get "a single pink" on their way to 55. I think they leveled to 53 in CtK, and used 3x XP potions for their last 2 levels, which would mean that they only got about 50 chances for a drop. See, you end up clearing about 85 mobs in Hideout, at yellow threat that is 147 xp which tripled is 441. So even if you conservatively round it down to 400, you would only need 20 runs or so per level for levels 54 and 55.

The drop rate for pinks is low, maybe less than 1%, so ... no wonder they aren't getting pinks.

Some quests give out pinks. lol

Kossi
03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
i went from 50-55 in balefort sewers 2x potting 80% of the time..
still. no. pink

Physiologic
03-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I leveled from 50-53 in CtK, then 53-56 in Sewers. Got 2 pinks from 53-56.

Then after 56, I did like 500+ more runs just to farm and got about 20 pinks in total.

:D

RedRyder
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
I did 50-55 95% in bs but only got one pink lol
I haven't used any kind of xp pot since 55 an I've got almost 10k xp and still no pink since my first one

BeardedBear
03-21-2011, 01:47 PM
My first and only pink was a 2h sword recipe. Epic fail. >.<

I really don't mind though. I'm fine with using all oranges for now.

Arterra
03-21-2011, 01:52 PM
the devs did the right thing here, they officially have made the usage of oranges and such... accepted. i HAVE gotten 3 pinks tho, so swaggin' (almost no pots, almost lv53)

RedRyder
03-21-2011, 01:53 PM
the devs did the right thing here, they officially have made the usage of oranges and such... accepted. i HAVE gotten 3 pinks tho, so swaggin' (almost no pots, almost lv53)

I was there for number 3 B)

Major
03-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Ya the drop rate in sewers is so low. I have a 56 and found a total of 5 lvl 55 pinks and 4 recipes....some ppl are just luckier than others. I also leveled to 53 in CTK. If you go all the way to 56 with no pinks.....I would give up haha.

jiroununu
03-21-2011, 02:05 PM
I leveled my bird 50-56 in hideout with 3x pot all the time. I only got one pink fury helm:(
Yea,but who cares. All I want is crown of persistence, and green orange gears seem to be the top gear in game :p

drewcapu
03-21-2011, 02:13 PM
55 on bird/mage, 52 on a bear. 0 xp pots. ~98% leveling in BS (helped some ppl with finishing cyber).

Off the top of my head, 10 pink items, plus 3 or 4 recipes (all pre-nerf Bank Vault).

Agree with Arterra. The non-pinks are very usable. My mage was on Adepts + Lowman Shield until getting to L55. My bird still prefers Cave Talon set :) I'll probably switch once I complete a set (missing leather still).

Snakespeare
03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Just FYI, running 3x in Hideout will get you about 330-340xp, that is with skipping the 12 on the hall to the Vault. Is 100 mobs total minus those 12, the 88 killed on a normal run (without Blanky) = about 340xp.

But agreed on the no-pink 54/55 complaints.

Cool... just one difference and that is the yellow threat gives you 150% xp so 340 +170 = 410. It's still only 20 runs if you XP pot.

jiroununu
03-21-2011, 03:03 PM
340+170=510! If u run hideout with 3x pot and a full party, it will definitely give u 330-340 xp Inc killing boss within pot time. Done it million times.

kallima
03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I didn't get my first pink until 55, but it was a fury plate which i promptly traded for mega mage robes, so I'm not complaining nor did I, but I can see other people's frustration. I was too cheap to XP pot initially and even when I did it was only 1 out of 10(maybe) runs where I would pot. It really is just the luck of the draw, since then I have gotten two pinks in one day and none for 2 weeks. I definitely don't mind because all the gold I make, I can use to purchase a mega mage gemstone wand or get lucky and have one drop!

Don't lose hope folks, they do drop and good luck farming!

StompArtist
03-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Are we talking no pinks since level 1 or 50?

davidis57
03-21-2011, 03:36 PM
There is not much gold in sewers. If you do not pot not much xp. We jumped around doing diff maps in sewers for quite a few hours. The xp I got after doing several runs was less 500 xp. I just have difficulty believing those xp numbers post here. I rarely pot cause its expensive.

Moogerfooger
03-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Cool... just one difference and that is the yellow threat gives you 150% xp so 340 +170 = 410. It's still only 20 runs if you XP pot.

Where are you getting +170? I have run hundreds of Hideout runs with full parties at 55, and it is 330-340. Charted/tracked, guaranteed. I track by the xp numbers on my avatar page, and I am 99.999% sure it's not more than 340 actual gained.

What yellow threat exactly do you mean?

p.s. 340+170 = 510 :p

drewcapu
03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
What yellow threat exactly do you mean?

(I'm just going off the top of my head.)

You get yellow threat level if you are level 50-54, I believe. (somewhere lower in level you get red threat levels)
Check the color of the dot next to any enemy you are targetting. That's the threat level.

Nevermind Snake's little typo. He's not talking about xp from Level 55-56.

Moogerfooger
03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Nevermind Snake's little typo. He's not talking about xp from Level 55-56.

Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, not like that at 55 > 56, fo sho. I knew about the dots as far as enemies go, I was thinking I was missing something major at 55 :p

FluffNStuff
03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Leveled two chars to 55 in bs using only cheap elixir and no pinks. It wasn't till I got my third to 51 that I finally got one.

Snakespeare
03-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Right, I wasn't talking about 55 to 56. I am level 54 right now and I am seeing yello9w threat levels, so the XP is 150%. So, for what it's worth, if you run Hideout with a triple XP pot, you can get 500 xp per run, so that's actually only 15 runs.

And I'm just saying, if you did up to 53 in CtK, then did triple XP runs in Hideout, you only really get about 60 drops, so of course there might be no pinks.

I just thought it was weird because I got a Raid Roach cap (that I will use), a Fury sword that I traded for a Raid Roach auto-bow, and a recipe to customize the auto-bow (which I did.)

I leveled in BS, not AO3, and I am too cheap to use leveling pots. So I think that is why I did get pinks.

Snakespeare
03-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Leveled two chars to 55 in bs using only cheap elixir and no pinks. It wasn't till I got my third to 51 that I finally got one.

When you defy the odds, it's supposed to be the other way!

KingFu
03-21-2011, 06:04 PM
I leveled all my characters from 50-55, in BS. Potting most of the time, but still not all, and one lucky day I got 4 pink drops, a couple weeks ago, since then I have only looted a recipe a few days ago. My mage has about 40K XP, tank has 8K ish( maybe 4K?) and archer has around 4-6K xp....

Xymorg
03-21-2011, 06:54 PM
I got one BS pink for each of first two 50 to 55 runs and then this weekend I seemed to cross the some luck threshold and got 3 in two days.

I'm convinced it's just luck, but when some mean regression works in your favor, it sure feels like it was something changed in game.

So yeah, estimating 500 bosses, I'm pretty much right on the estimated 1% rate now, but last Friday I would've said it was more like 0.4% ...

I predict a Fluffnstuff pink-fest will follow the described drought. Even though the individual event odds don't change, a continued dry spell becomes more unlikely with every drop.

kallima
03-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Are we talking no pinks since level 1 or 50?

I meant from 50-55 :p

Pharcyde
03-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Some players have gone 55-56 without a pink drop still. It's 100% luck.. Like I am 1/83rd the way to lvl 56, and I have 5 Balefort Sewer Pink drops under my belt.

Inching
03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
100% BS from 50 to 55 and only 2 pink drops in total, thats about 100 runs for me

Pharcyde
03-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Guess karma is a major factor in this game :). Idk how many times I have seen very good and very bad karma hit people, time and time again. Guess I'm on her good side *Gets on knee's, bows at Karmas feet*

Otukura
03-21-2011, 10:59 PM
You guys are so unlucky... I'm complaining about getting too many... sewer queen cowls... got my, what, 6th and 7th last night... They do pay for pots/elixirs, I suppose...

Luchta
03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Maybe XP pots lowers the chance of looting pinks? Just a hunch. Never looted a pink with the xp juice in my stat.

Otukura
03-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I have....

Luchta
03-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Ohh okay. I guess my hunch is incorrect. Maybe I just have this huge invisible halo of bad luck around my char each time we kill a boss.

Otukura
03-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Lol... I've got a friend who's gone from 50-56 w/o pots in sewers, and he still hasn't gotten one...

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Maybe XP pots lowers the chance of looting pinks? Just a hunch. Never looted a pink with the xp juice in my stat.

It does not. BUT using XP pots will indirectly lower your chances of getting good gear. If you use a 3X elixir you will get 3 times the XP but 1 chance out of 3 at getting a good drop if you run without the Elixir. Makes sense?

Yoshura
03-23-2011, 09:33 PM
The pink rate is unreal and unfair.. did atleast 100 runs yesterday with pretty much same people no pinks but everytime a random joined they would get a pink every single time no lie. Dude went from 55 to 56 with no pink drops now that is total bs. This game is made for quickplay why should anyone have to grind for a week for just 1 pink. Even the big luck now everytime I reroll I Never ever ever get a better item its always orange I use to before the event ended. I think these big licks are a bad luck charm now cause I use to get atleast 1 pink a day before I naught big luck.

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 09:42 PM
The pink rate is unreal and unfair.. did atleast 100 runs yesterday with pretty much same people no pinks but everytime a random joined they would get a pink every single time no lie. Dude went from 55 to 56 with no pink drops now that is total bs. This game is made for quickplay why should anyone have to grind for a week for just 1 pink. Even the big luck now everytime I reroll I Never ever ever get a better item its always orange I use to before the event ended. I think these big licks are a bad luck charm now cause I use to get atleast 1 pink a day before I naught big luck.

I think the drop rates are fine.

1.) We are still a very casual MMO, 10 hours of grinding a map for 56 and maybe a pink in what? a 3-5 month span is minutes of playing a day.

2.) Dungeons are suppost to get harder and longer as you level, no matter how casual a MMO is

3.) The drop rates and gold drop rates are low for a reason, two actually. Reason 1 is to deflate the inflated market of PL, all good MMO economies have a low to medium inflation level. No one likes playing a MMO where the average item costs 20 million gold. Reason 2 is to keep players occupied, every single client update has came out months after the majority of players, extreme and casual, finish the content. The grind isn't mandatory, it goes away after the new level cap. Then what good is a game if you have all the best gear before you even get to the level to use it? Low drop rates is to keep players occupied even more and promote boss killing, something a lot of people used to just skip since prices got so low on certain items.

Edit: To add on, BS is still fairly new. Every level cap starts with insane item prices, and gradually decrease over time. Can you believe 800k for a Void Armor? 850-950k for a shock lance? 600k for a keeper staff? 1.2 mil for a mega blaster? Yeah, at one point, all of them got that high. Now you can buy a keeper staff for 3,000 gold.

Riccits
03-24-2011, 03:46 AM

1.) We are still a very casual MMO, 10 hours of grinding a map for 56 and maybe a pink in what? a 3-5 month span is minutes of playing a day.

2.) Dungeons are suppost to get harder and longer as you level, no matter how casual a MMO is

3.) The drop rates and gold drop rates are low for a reason, two actually. Reason 1 is to deflate the inflated market of PL, all good MMO economies have a low to medium inflation level. No one likes playing a MMO where the average item costs 20 million gold. Reason 2 is to keep players occupied, every single client update has came out months after the majority of players, extreme and casual, finish the content. The grind isn't mandatory, it goes away after the new level cap. Then what good is a game if you have all the best gear before you even get to the level to use it? Low drop rates is to keep players occupied even more and promote boss killing, something a lot of people used to just skip since prices got so low on certain items.

Edit: To add on, BS is still fairly new. Every level cap starts with insane item prices, and gradually decrease over time. Can you believe 800k for a Void Armor? 850-950k for a shock lance? 600k for a keeper staff? 1.2 mil for a mega blaster? Yeah, at one point, all of them got that high. Now you can buy a keeper staff for 3,000 gold.

100% agree. u coudnt explain better! :)

lilbyrdie
03-24-2011, 08:41 AM

Agreed, to an extent. Harder, yes. Longer is a tough proposition on mobile.

So, if you keep the dungeon lengths to a reasonable mobile play time, but decrease the drop rate of the rarest (and, hopefully, best) items, you accomplish the harder and longer without sacrificing the pick-up aspect.

At least they haven't implemented numeric or percent caps on items. In theory, we can all have the very best gear if we all work long and hard to find it. On some systems, there can only be one of certain items. In a LotR based game, for instance, you'd only ever have one One Ring available. And in some systems, rarity can be enforced by capping the number of items to, say, 5% of the user base -- or even less. That prevents inflation because the demand stays high.

(Of course, limited items like that _have_ to be better than any unlimited item.)

On the flip side, the designers have to be careful about boredom and frustration. If you grind for several sessions and don't even get a pink item worth selling, it feels like a totally wasted drop. Not all pinks seem to drop at the same rates and certainly not all pinks are worth the same. Should STS rebalance rarities to match market demand? Should the system autobalance? For instance, a pink that doesn't sell at auction for 200 probably shouldn't be a pink. But one that sells in minutes for several hundred k is just fine.

KingFu
03-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Not to mention, and sorry if someone already said this. Devs are trying to make PL a goos game for both casual, and hardcore players. Casual players may be whining about no pinks, but devs made greens, oranges, and purples pretty decent for a reason! So those casual players at 51+ can use them and have decent gear, and still be casual, and still have the hardcore players having something to do and not have top tier gear in 2 days and being bored with nothing to do.

Some casual players want pinks and say the rates are unfair, then the hardcore players step in and say it's fine.

I think the rates are rough, but come on, it's the freaking best loot in the game, that being said the items look pretty common, don't they? They're legendary items, casual and hardcore MMO or not, they are top tier gear. Devs made a compromise and made greens oranges and purples great gear, and some prefer them over the pinks. Yet they also made the pinks very rare for those looking to conquer the game.

That being said, I think the rates are great. I'm looking at is as pinks are the rarest item in the game, and shouldn't be looted once every 5 games. This is my first MMO, and my first game like this, but I've been playing it for a while now, and this is just like how swamps used to be. Few pinks, but then you were excited to get a pink, you saw pink on your careen and your tummy felt warm (those of you from swamp days, don't deny this;))

Major
03-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Haha well said mysticaldream, I think everything is best where it is right now. If the high end pinks where dropping all the time it would take the fun out for the hardcore players...which this game needs lol

joe8421
03-24-2011, 09:40 AM
trust me, bad lucky guys exist out there
I have 3 lv 55 character, I fight boss in 99% case, bear and mage totally leveled in sewer, bird from 52 to 55 in sewer, all leveled with 2X XP pot. (btw, my bear is not using XP pots at all since 55, and now he's almost half way to lv56)
Here's a list of all the pink including recipe I got in sewer:

lv 51 mega mage bracer (mage loot)
lv 53 mega mage cowl (mage loot)
lv 55 mega mage robes x 2 (bear loot both after lv55)
lv 55 sewer queens robe (bear loot after lv55)

lv55 mega mage star wand recipe (bear loot when lv54)
lv55 gem battle sword recipe (bear loot after lv55)

So including recipe, I had a lil more than 2 pinks for each character
thats all....................
and I know some friends even less lucky than me. a friend of mine leveled all his 3 characters to lv55 in sewer like I did, he got only 3 pink items.

I know it's maybe not usual if some one get to lv 55 without a single pink, but just don't deny the existence of bad lucky guys, for some people maybe from lv50 to lv55 in sewer= a single pink item

Duke
03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I was splitting time between the Sewers and CtK through level 53 with my mage, only resorting to XP pots after messing up on a respec (and being too cheap to spring for another one) when I forgot to put a rank in Magic Shield. I'm still only about 1/3 of the way to level 54, and so far I've gotten three pink drops: fury fighter mail (55), mega mage robe (55), and the mega mage robe recipe.

Sounds like I'm doing better than average, despite how low the drop rate feels.

Of course, that makes up for the fact that my AO3 pink drops have all been complete and utter junk.

Duped
03-25-2011, 12:14 AM
I'd say the better question is what is the point of junk pinks?? The fact that you can go to Skeller Krunch and walk away with so many pinks colors your view of the drop rate. I just looted a Keeper Staff (first time I'd even seen one drop). I checked CS, and its selling for 2500! One run thru Plasma Pyramid! I'm not crying about it (too much), and I think this game is awesome, but I wish that I didn't have junk pinks, because then I feel like I just discovered a buried treasure of fools gold.

Physiologic
03-25-2011, 02:14 AM
I'd say the better question is what is the point of junk pinks?? The fact that you can go to Skeller Krunch and walk away with so many pinks colors your view of the drop rate. I just looted a Keeper Staff (first time I'd even seen one drop). I checked CS, and its selling for 2500! One run thru Plasma Pyramid! I'm not crying about it (too much), and I think this game is awesome, but I wish that I didn't have junk pinks, because then I feel like I just discovered a buried treasure of fools gold.

Once upon a time, Keeper's Staff cost quite a lot...then the Wand bonus appeared...then the Shadows set appeared...then the Sewers campaign appeared :) And now it is considered junk.

Riccits
03-25-2011, 02:19 AM

when u would got it 5 months before u could sel for a mil ;)

WhoIsThis
03-25-2011, 05:40 PM

I think that people were expecting Crush the Keeper-like drop rates of junk drops - perhaps that is why.

As mystical points out, this game needs to be interesting for both casual AND hardcore players. There have to be incentives to become more hardcore and to give people and incentive to play hardcore. Rare drops and level 56 are examples of attempts to do that.