PDA

View Full Version : Add a visual effect for the mythic ring

Allows.
04-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Exactly what is the reason for not adding any kind of visual effects?
Every mythic item in AL has a visual effect, and even LEGENDARY rings have a little glowing.

Im not begging for another "para bling-bling", but a little effect, that makes the ring more valuable for many people and we can show off for what we farmed 24/7.
Since its Mythic-Rarity, i think this would be appropriated.
Even if it's just decent like the Leprechaun Pendant.

Madxnoob
04-03-2015, 01:30 PM
A small glow wouldnt hurt or maybe a proc effect.

Hilyana
04-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Add a visual effect for the Planar Pendant also (way harder to obtain than this mythic ring) :rolleyes:

Allows.
04-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Of course it's not THE mythic ring.
But what's the sense of giving Legendary Rings a little glow, and mythic rings nah?
A little shiny effect won't harm anyone and we can show off what we farmed for these days :-)

Dalmony
04-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Since the proc is the main attraction on this ring, a proc visual would be really useful! Not for showing off, but just so that we know when we have increased luck and xp gain- most ppl when wearing this ring will already have buff icons from lep pendant and possibly from the adventurers kit XP gain so we can't tell from that alone :S

Arvaen
04-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Servers already lag now and then, and you want a new visual effect to be added? Really?

darthdlo
04-03-2015, 08:39 PM
It wont lower ping more than normal u cant wear 2 rings and there wont b an influx of new wearers alot most likely have blood so just gonna switch and looking at ur logic every time a double mythic arcane weekend came we should have had lag cause all the new ppl wearing flashy new items with visuals but nope doesnt happen i rarely have bad ping nothing toeak about actually cheak ur device service location i cant play w.o.w. n e more cause outdated pc i dont say stop adding so i can play just need to upgrade game upgrades at a rate of a 2 year contract if u cant and this not to any particular person just some advice but if i had to play on outdated device i would have to quit technologhy moves 4ward

Arvaen
04-03-2015, 09:04 PM
From http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218426-This-Weekend!-The-Great-Arlorian-Egg-Hunt-Dangerous-Dodos-Pet-Egg-Crates/page4

currently there are no FX on the ring, with enough support we may be able to add that in, however given the more widespread availability of this ring we don't feel FX are appropriate.

It does have performance implications, yes. Another reason there are no FX on the ring

carmine_blade
04-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Something to indicate the proc is active is definitely required.

Wutzgood
04-03-2015, 09:28 PM
currently there is an icon that shows up on the HUD, however if you already have an XP bonus from somewhere or luck from somewhere it won't show up. The argument for a notification proc that it is active is a valid point worth considering. Thanks!

Hopefully they implement the proc effect so people will know when it's working.

darthdlo
04-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Or so ppl know exactly which type of armor im wearing if ima buy earn luckly win something or prestige in a fake world i wanna flaunt it like event vanities discontinued items

Allows.
04-04-2015, 03:55 AM
Servers already lag now and then, and you want a new visual effect to be added? Really?

I don't think that will make a big difference.
We already HAVE so much bling-bling in this game, as said, even legandary weapons/rings have a little effect.
I mean look at the Para-Aura.
A little glowing on your Character's arm won't make a big difference regarging your Ping or whatever you are scared of.
A ring, which has Mythic-Rarity, (and also can cost 200 plat btw) should be different than the hundreds of legandary rings out there.

HeavenlyHand
04-04-2015, 01:15 PM

Not a permanent one. When the luck starts and when its done I guess it would be enough.

Ravager
04-04-2015, 01:34 PM
I don't think that will make a big difference.
We already HAVE so much bling-bling in this game, as said, even legandary weapons/rings have a little effect.
I mean look at the Para-Aura.
A little glowing on your Character's arm won't make a big difference regarging your Ping or whatever you are scared of.
A ring, which has Mythic-Rarity, (and also can cost 200 plat btw) should be different than the hundreds of legandary rings out there.

Every little thing adds up.

Dalmony
04-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Even if it gets and extra icon in the buff area, like the green lep luck did, that would still be ok... it's just awkward not not to know when it's proccing... how do I even now it's working at all? Most items with a proc have a proc effect.

Mayortrez
04-04-2015, 03:20 PM
+1.

aerodacto
04-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Yes a little proc effect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kakashis
04-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Yes to proc effect! A permanent color effect like archon wouldn't hurt either!

Excuses
04-05-2015, 12:04 PM
I think there is green flash when it proc but it's hardly noticeable.
We need something to see please.

Allows.
04-06-2015, 03:07 AM
I think there is green flash when it proc but it's hardly noticeable.
We need something to see please.

I've never seen this, so yes, we need something noticeable.