PDA

View Full Version : Mega mage set

aluxuryhoggy
03-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Is mega mage wand/braced set really that good? I have heard people say it's crazy amazing.. But idk if it's worth buying.. Help me out!! :/

-aluxuryhoggy

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I love mine :) I'm doing a little better against archers, but they still pop me on the floor. Aside from that, I kick mage butt and I can hold on much longer against bears. They don't really take my mana shield down, so I can just tank them. The only trouble is actually HITTING them with all that dodge on the fury fighter sets.

noobmigo
03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Spend on the WAND at least. Only 40k today.

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM

40k?!!?!! Wtf..?

Plasticuproject
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
40k?......

noobmigo
03-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I think it was a mega mage.............

EDIT: Isn't it like Mega Mage Gemstone Shard Wand or somthing like that?
My brain is confuzzled today.

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I think it was a mega mage.............

EDIT: Isn't it like Mega Mage Gemstone Shard Wand or somthing like that?
My brain is confuzzled today.

The MM gemstone wand is part of the set and probably isn't running anywhere under 800k. You must be thinking of the MM gem shard wand, which is the worst of the three IMO.

noobmigo
03-21-2011, 04:35 PM
The MM gemstone wand is part of the set and probably isn't running anywhere under 800k. You must be thinking of the MM gem shard wand, which is the worst of the three IMO.

Ohhhh.......why thank you. My bad, soz.
Anyway, I need to get to lvl 50 lool..so don't trust me at this stuff.
Soz again

+1 cupcake for sorting my mind out again.

Ladylove
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Ohhhh.......why thank you. My bad, soz.
Anyway, I need to get to lvl 50 lool..so don't trust me at this stuff.
Soz again

+1 cupcake for sorting my mind out again.

Oo nom nom nom

Inching
03-21-2011, 07:26 PM
the set is feerking crazy good.... i can tank with this set on. I can run with a group in BS and tank the entire map including goldfever... with 135 armor (more with buff) even without my shield im pretty safe. With shield up i am basically untouchable for the time its up (mostly) unless im solo'ing a boss or somehting....

to put it into prespective... i was doing AO quest last night. One of the quest (forget name) was to kill 3 Dijinn guys.... as I was killing the second one i had to leave the game for a few mins so i just left my mage standing there while a Dijinn was hitting me... i came back 3 mins later and im still standing there with full health... THATS HOW GOOD IT IS....

But be prepared to pay through the butt for the set.

Pharcyde
03-21-2011, 07:51 PM
The set makes you a Tank really. I'm not too fond of it because it shorts your damage so much. I am still a staff guy at heart, Nuke ftw! But if you want a comparison,

The level 55 gem blast set has really bad armor and regeneration, but it's damage is really high.

The level 55 gemstone wand/bracer set has really good armor and regeneration, but the damage is bad. Pure Int Mages become Paladins in it, then Hybrid mages become super paladins.

WhoIsThis
03-21-2011, 07:51 PM
It is an impressive set overall and does represent a significant improvement over the existing shadow sets. It is impressive not so much in that it does a lot more DPS, but in terms of offering a combination of survivability, mana regen, and higher base damage (useful for high armor enemies). One serious drawback is the low crit.

Here are the stats though (with ring on):
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_qxqUJiD0__c/TXbKHODa1eI/AAAAAAAAAL8/AzZe_wnJb5I/Wand%20and%20Bracer%20Build%2056.png

Inching
03-21-2011, 07:58 PM
It is an impressive set overall and does represent a significant improvement over the existing shadow sets. It is impressive not so much in that it does a lot more DPS, but in terms of offering a combination of survivability, mana regen, and higher base damage (useful for high armor enemies). One serious drawback is the low crit.

Here are the stats though (with ring on):
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_qxqUJiD0__c/TXbKHODa1eI/AAAAAAAAAL8/AzZe_wnJb5I/Wand%20and%20Bracer%20Build%2056.png

agree, thats why i had to tweak my pure and put 30 pts into DEX to get 100% HIT. If i didnt do that, i would never kill anything.... currenly with my build i can solo BS (except the bosses) and do it decently and not pulling 1 by 1 taking 5 hrs to clear a map.

with the intorduction of other MMOs coming out, ... black star, the one from gameloft.... I think this will be the last complete set that I really go after in getting.....

until the PL level cap goes to 80 or something I think I'll be using this MM set for the foreseeable future unless i loot something...

aluxuryhoggy
03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
just wish i had enough to even buy the wand :/
gotta start farming..,.

Inching
03-22-2011, 01:12 AM
just wish i had enough to even buy the wand :/
gotta start farming..,.

current full set is like 2.5m ....

being conservative here,... 1m wand, 800k bracer, 150k cowl, robe i think is like 300k or something... not really sure

WILLIAM cmy
03-22-2011, 02:37 AM
cowl is cheaper now (~85k) but robe rises to ~600k.

Inching
03-22-2011, 03:49 AM
see... over 2m.... just buy my gemstar lvl 55 wand.. next best thing :)

noneo
03-22-2011, 08:22 AM
It really depends what you are trying to accomplish. If you are planning on leading the pack, and taking the brunt from loads of mobs, then yes, the Mega Mage set is outstanding. But, if you are content with similar base damage, and a bit less M/S and armor, I found a pretty good setup that increased my survivability and damage graatly compared to my Shadow Set.

Here is the full Mega Mage
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2701/megamage.png

And here is a good build I came up with using miscellaneous drops from the sewers.
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7348/misccomparemegamage.png

Both Builds have advantages and disadvantages.

The Mega Mega excells in M/S and armor which are both great attributes to be maxed out on within the sewers or for bosses. But the downside is you will spend well over 2 mil to get it, which isn’t in everyone’s budget.

The Miscelaneous Build offers many similar traits to that of the Mega Mage. They both have a Nightmare Proc, This build offers a bit more base damage, and over double the H/S which can be better in some instances. And the great thing is you can buy this whole set for under 300K.

So depending on what you are willing to sacrifice, there are more affordable options to go with.

Sanatorium
03-22-2011, 01:45 PM
I kind of like it, it looks pretty nice and it's fun to use :).