PDA

View Full Version : Testing the Arlorian Egg-Shelled Band PROC

Dragoonclaws
04-04-2015, 04:00 PM
I've been testing the proc of the ring in Tindirin - The Wilds. There are about 49 mobs (not counting boss). I am comparing the Planar Rod of Brutality PROC with the new mythic ring's PROC.

All attacks were charged.

Best answer:

Hey guys,

Like Visiting and carmine_blade have pointed out, the ring has a chance to proc on all sources of damage. This includes DoTs on multiple targets - which is the most efficient way to proc the effect.

Charged attacks are a very slow way to intentionally proc the ability, unless the Charged attack then adds a bleed of some kind to help with the proc.

Test
Average

mob count

Attack count

Rod PROC count

Ring PROC count

najcomp
04-04-2015, 09:46 PM
look like useless ring to me,thanks for showing this

Dragoonclaws
04-04-2015, 09:47 PM
look like useless ring to me,thanks for showing this

The proc is really rare in fact

2 proc for 130 hits

Gaua
04-04-2015, 09:50 PM
wow im happy i sold mine when prices where up

Schnitzel
04-04-2015, 10:11 PM
O_o you looted the ring

From your opinion, would this ring be useful when farming?
Is it good to use with a Lepre?

Dragoonclaws
04-04-2015, 10:19 PM
O_o you looted the ring

From your opinion, would this ring be useful when farming?
Is it good to use with a Lepre?

I tried on the boss, but I PROCed 1 time at 50%, wasn't enough to reach the boss' death. I will try on more bosses. Regarding the reroll proc, I rerolled only once in each run using the ring only.

Twix
04-05-2015, 03:54 AM
So for the luck do you have to proc it or is it permanent? I thought you only have to proc the exp

carmine_blade
04-05-2015, 06:50 AM
I tested in Brackenridge and it often proc'd. Sorry I can't be more specific than "often" :3

PhoenixPrime
04-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Thanks for posting this, how did you know when it was doing the PROC?
Is there any kind of visual cue as to when the PROC is happening, or do we have to keep monitoring the icons for our character?

I've been trying to see if this ring is worth it and can't tell when, or if, it is doing anything...

Excuses
04-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Does DoT count as 'dealing dmg'?
Anyone tested?

Visiting
04-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Does DoT count as 'dealing dmg'?
Anyone tested?

If you're under a DoT from a mob, yes, it'll count as something that will proc.

Excuses
04-06-2015, 10:43 AM
If you're under a DoT from a mob, yes, it'll count as something that will proc.

It says 'dealing dmg' not 'damaged'. I thought it procs when I hit, not get hit?

Visiting
04-06-2015, 10:51 AM
It says 'dealing dmg' not 'damaged'. I thought it procs when I hit, not get hit?

If it's dealing Dmg, then a DoT Attack would count as well :)

Jirikjurasek
04-06-2015, 11:39 AM
The proc is really rare in fact

2 proc for 130 hits

During soloing wt4 I proc approx 10s after end of previous proc. Charged attack seems donīt help

Carapace
04-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Hey guys,

Like Visiting and carmine_blade have pointed out, the ring has a chance to proc on all sources of damage. This includes DoTs on multiple targets - which is the most efficient way to proc the effect.

Charged attacks are a very slow way to intentionally proc the ability, unless the Charged attack then adds a bleed of some kind to help with the proc.

Excuses
04-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Hey guys,

Exact answer I was waiting for.
Thank you!

Ravager
04-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Hey guys,

Any way to add some sort of bleed damage to a war skill such as Skyward Smash? Even 1 dmg per tick would suffice. Its so hard to get this to proc compared to other classes.

Excuses
04-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Any way to add some sort of bleed damage to a war skill such as Skyward Smash? Even 1 dmg per tick would suffice. Its so hard to get this to proc compared to other classes.

Exatly what I was thinking too. Lol
Maybe windmill is only chance we have.
Warrior is just so bad in pve. :/

Madnex
04-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Hey guys,

[...]they didn't do anything to change the proc of the mythic amulet which is the polar opposite in terms of class favored (proc on taking damage).

So if changes are made here, it would only be fair to adjust the proc rate for mages using mythic amulet as well.

An awesome solution would be to add a 25% proc chance on either Skyward Smash or Windmill and 50% when charged for an AoE that hits up to 10 surrounding mobs. This will have five or more ticks and will work in a very similar manner like the first Planar Tombs boss fire circle AoE but without the pushback.

+1

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?219294

Carapace
04-06-2015, 01:46 PM
noted, thanks guys!

Iahwahska
04-06-2015, 04:41 PM
With my Mage (DoT machine) in areas with high mob concentration like tombs it goes off constantly and works great. In other areas where enemies aren't so dense it's not so great, also it would be nice if the proc had some kind of visual effect just so we know it's working even if we already have luck and xp buffs.