PDA

View Full Version : Screen Rotation, (New Player ALert!)

curvature
04-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Sup spacetime community.
i've recently started an Arcane Legends account and it would be sweet if you all could help me by adding me
or giving me some stuff
providing me with basic tips 'n' tricks will be much appreciated!!
name: burrido

lol it bugs me so much that the game doesn't have screen rotation. i'm gonna start playing s'more so see you folks online! :-)
(screen rotation was a think in Pocket Legends where you could see everything around you)

Madnex
04-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Welcome. :)

You're going to have a hard time wondering why the screen won't rotate when you swipe for a while but so did the rest of us PL/SL converts. The reasoning behind locking it which was given by a dev from day one was basically to give new players a less confusing first time. Personally, I believe it was a way to cut down the game's size and the work needed to design most of the in-game objects - if one were to tamper with settings you normally don't have access to and unlock it, he'd see that most of them look unfinished and can only be viewed from a certain angle. It sure did take away a lot from the experience but we adjusted.

Depending on which class you pick, you can ask any questions you have at the appropriate class sub-forum:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?118-Classes-of-Arcane-Legends

EDIT: There was already an option for locking the camera rotation so taking it away completely was definitely not the only option. Finalement, the TDM map in PvP is still bugged in a sense due to the inability to rotate camera which gives a serious disadvantage to the upper map spawns since they have no sight of what's below them and can easily be surprise attacked from the opposition.

The Goat
04-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Hi there. Check this out http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1967860

Btw the screen rotation thing has been discussed before and sts aren't planning to implement this feature into the game anytime soon cos there would be too many holes and if they were to fill in the game would lag to much so yea. Bye

Zylx
04-04-2015, 05:05 PM
I like having a fixed screen angle because it makes the controls a bit more simple. When I played PL I hated having to constantly scroll the camera around.

ClumsyCactus
04-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Burrido, add me in the game if you want to ^^
Igns: chatting/cometia
If you need help with something i can help you.
(Ofcourse if you are the appropriete level for the zone, i do not run people through high level maps, that Way their skills will never improve)

curvature
04-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Burrido, add me in the game if you want to ^^
Igns: chatting/cometia
If you need help with something i can help you.
(Ofcourse if you are the appropriete level for the zone, i do not run people through high level maps, that Way their skills will never improve)

sounds good :) what level are you? just so you know im only level 9

darthdlo
04-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Recently played pl again after 2yrs and felt dumb screet rotation threw me off and i kept slashing at npc's lolz when needed to tap avatar

ClumsyCactus
04-04-2015, 06:41 PM
sounds good :) what level are you? just so you know im only level 9

I have alot of characters... The levels i can think of at the spot is 1,15,22,41

chipping
04-04-2015, 07:16 PM
I recently moved here too, from pl :D Welcome!

Good to have more alterans moving in :)