PDA

View Full Version : My opinion: these are the final days of Arcane Legends?

Zylx
04-04-2015, 11:46 PM
I was thinking and talking with a friend and then it hit me. We are moving into AL's final stages of life! I think this next expansion will be the last major update for AL. Here's why:

Disclaimer: This is not a confirmation for the end of AL. This is only an assumption from mine, a player's, own perspective.

Call of Champions
So first I'll address the elephant in the room. The MOBA being released this summer. Some of you have probably already noticed the unusual amount of dev activity in the CoC section of this site. Yes, I understand that it's a game in development and they are trying to answer a lot of questions from potential players, but their presence on all the other sections have notably lowered. Many people from PL, SL, DL, and especially AL are moving over to CoC when it releases. MOBAs are pretty successful and I assume pretty soon, STS will be focusing 100% of their attention onto CoC. If CoC is executed successfully, they will continue to thrive even after severing the ties to some of their past titles. PL, SL, and DL were announced no more updates EVER last January, probably to focus more dev attention toward CoC. I can imagine them trying to squeeze as much profit out of AL as they can before they do the same to it. Most notably, by releasing...

The Next Expansion
This next expansion will be released a year and 3 months+ later than Dragon Enclave. I think AL's final cap will likely be Lv46.

Late Bug Fixes
Since January, quite a few of the old, lingering bugs have been fixed. Could this mean they are finalizing the game? Grinding out the jagged edges and smoothing out the final product?

Orcs and Goblins: New classes?
Many of you have seen the teasers from A.R.S.E.S. suggesting sightings of Orcs and Goblins. "Could this be teasers for the expansion?" Well, do Orcs and Goblins fit in the same genre of Genies? I'm not so sure. Think back to PL's final major update - the release of 2 new classes (paladin and ranger). Following this pattern, if these two creatures actually do come up to being new classes, then it'll likely be AL's final update. Something to keep players occupied for a while after the game ends to squeeze out more profit before letting its dry carcass fade away.

General Lack of Interest Among Players
Many many longtime players have left over the past year.

These are why I see AL's final days creeping up. I believe AL will die off slowly after the expansion hits by releasing reskin events one after the other until they get bored with it. They may say that AL will have lots more updates, but after the SnS controversy, I'm really not sure who to believe.

Litheus
04-04-2015, 11:56 PM
aw.. its sad to hear about it..i still have to do so many things..dam

siddhant
04-05-2015, 12:02 AM
sad to say but i think yes...

Kriticality
04-05-2015, 12:06 AM
You mad or sad bro? Some strong undertones here. Locking this thread wouldn't affirm or deny anything. What you wrote is provocative and manipulative providing precursors to potential responses from devs or mods.

Zylx
04-05-2015, 12:13 AM
You mad or sad bro? Some strong undertones here. Locking this thread wouldn't affirm or deny anything. What you wrote is provocative and manipulative providing precursors to potential responses from devs or mods.

I'm not mad, nor sad. This thread may be a tad bit provocative, but its not manipulative. I'm just stating what I believe, and I can see a mod or dev locking this thread because this is a strong topic that might invoke a negative feeling towards STS.

I'm not meaning to bash STS, I'm just stating what I see and what I can assume from what's given to me.

siddhant
04-05-2015, 12:15 AM
What he is stating is his opinion with valid reason and it is what he thinks and feels he is not telling u to quit he is just stating what he feels and it is ppl wish to read it or not there is no point asking mod to close the thread when some1 is just stating his opinion in a very polite manner

Froxanthar
04-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Me think also.

merch_master
04-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Case of painting this in a bad light here OP...while STS has a "lot" of faults where AL is concerned, your view is a bit extreme. CoC is a pvp game, this means they will still need pve in the picture.
Every game wishes to make money and every player knows that. If people want to spend platinum its their choice, no "squeezing our money dry" as you say.
While all you say about events are true, i found better execution and creativity in easter event and couldn't it be possible that these are just fillers for a good expansion.
Yes its been over an year...for obvious reasons! When AL released, the ideas for all the expansions (except perhaps tindirin) were already present in different degrees. A new game always gets swift and creative updates since the ideas are still fresh.
While i agree that too a point, STS has given up on AL; i would rather cherish the game for what they have made it as till now rather than whine.
P.s. All games and shows wither with age, whatever the efforts may be. You've played the stuff hundreds of times, you are bound to get bored.
A
To end this monstrosity of a reply i shall say my favourite parting words,
BUFF THE WARS

Daggee
04-05-2015, 12:31 AM
Nuuu.Pls dont be true i have been playing this game for a solid 3 years

Dragoonclaws
04-05-2015, 12:40 AM
There are some true parts in what was said, and some other parts are kinda exagerated.

Regarding the expansion, the extra needed time is due to lack of ideas, AND because there are more things to design and work then the past expansions. We already discussed that before.

Regarding events, they have a very good idea going on right now, and there is a lot to take from that. There are many new event types that can made out of that.

Regarding bug fixes, It's a confirmation that they will keep wokring on the game. SL didn't get any bug fixed because it was retired. AL has all their attention, and CoC too, but eh.

Regarding Orcs, it's not a new class. Remiem told us to be careful when we see an orc in rooks nest... I guess it's a rare appearence like Bael II or Krunch II or the Elusives. I suggest gathering teams of farmers to cover that map many times in the same day. First team to find the orc wins a huge applaud, and we all see what the orc looks like. We can put a prize pool and compete for it.

Regarding the lack of interest... I am not well placed to judge that. I did notice a lot of inactivity in old players, but I am sure they will wake up when they hear about a new expansion.

Zylx
04-05-2015, 12:42 AM
Case of painting this in a bad light here OP...while STS has a "lot" of faults where AL is concerned, your view is a bit extreme. CoC is a pvp game, this means they will still need pve in the picture.
Every game wishes to make money and every player knows that. If people want to spend platinum its their choice, no "squeezing our money dry" as you say.
While all you say about events are true, i found better execution and creativity in easter event and couldn't it be possible that these are just fillers for a good expansion.
Yes its been over an year...for obvious reasons! When AL released, the ideas for all the expansions (except perhaps tindirin) were already present in different degrees. A new game always gets swift and creative updates since the ideas are still fresh.
While i agree that too a point, STS has given up on AL; i would rather cherish the game for what they have made it as till now rather than whine.
P.s. All games and shows wither with age, whatever the efforts may be. You've played the stuff hundreds of times, you are bound to get bored.
A
To end this monstrosity of a reply i shall say my favourite parting words,
BUFF THE WARS

There is a large following for MOBA's and AL will surely be alive for a while, but this next expansion or these possibly-new characters may very well be the final major update for AL. And I wasn't referring to squeezing us dry, I meant squeezing out as much profit as they can out of what they have.

I thoroughly enjoyed AL these past 2 years, I had many good memories and I made tons of friends. But nothing lasts forever and I can see that AL may turn into something like PL/SL/DL one or two years from now, or maybe even sooner.

Ssneakykills
04-05-2015, 12:43 AM
No I think arcane legends will continue to be updated alongside the new game I mean why woudnt they. They only have to games to concentrate on and arcane legend still makes them big $$ especially expansions and events because the player base is stil big and people still spend money.

If they do decide to follow the route of pocket legends I will be very disappointed indeed

Arachnophobik
04-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Actually i also tried o and c now. Its actually pretty cool, like so much things to do, but i keep heading back to al because: social life here is easy and better no servers too, so i get to meet and greet different kinds of ppl from all around the globe, cross platform. 2, battle system isnt tpp bad, just imbalanced, but i guess it cudve been better yes but its really not that bad.

I hope the devs dont give up on al, i dont have any other mmo choices to move into lol. If ever they decide to quit on this, i wish its wud be because they have made a better mmo. I hate mobas and i suck at them. Al has been my first big mmo and so much memories are here. But if it ever ends tho, gg, its been a pleasurable year and a half playing with u all.

Arvaen
04-05-2015, 01:05 AM
Not sure why or if Spacetime would give up on an established cash cow.

Midievalmodel
04-05-2015, 01:06 AM
no longer a cash cow is why

Dex Scene
04-05-2015, 03:50 AM
The game is surely running through it's hard time but I think the game will be done when STG releases a new MMORPG.

najcomp
04-05-2015, 04:08 AM
If u want to make sts focus on Al,just dont play CoC.Less customer less profit

bedmaster
04-05-2015, 04:32 AM
Some of the things u stated are true but i dont think this will be the end of AL.. Maybe it will end after the next ursoth and goblin invasion event, because they said they tested the community goal system in lovecraft event and im sure they will implement this in upcomin events.

Also, the new myth ring isnt very strong but its mythic and with no effect, so maybe there will be a ring upgrade quest? Like myth armor one? Maybe it will increase stats and add effect to something right below arcane ring. But if it AL ends well nothing lasts forever

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Yumisa
04-05-2015, 05:14 AM
This has got to be like the 15th post saying '' people are leaving, the game is not fun anymore, bad events''. But honestly,what the hell is wrong? I have been playing for approx 2 years now, and no, I have got to say that the events they released recently were not bad, in fact I remember there were barely much events 2 years ago when I started compared to now. There is new content, they even have this new ''producer'' guy to help them satisfy our wants.In my opinion you are assuming too much, the expansion will be 3 months later then last one...Why is that a reference?They said they were also trying to make tanks and mages more useful in next expansion, also they are probably trying to satisfy the majority of people and not create more drama on the threads once they release an item some people like but most people won't.

I respect your opinion but you should really wait and see...You're predicting way too far ahead.To me...It just sounds like you were searching for random negative points in all your titles...And don't get me started with SnS.....The drama rate is over 9000%...Its not ''that much'' of a big deal imo. Give them some credit please :) They have been trying to satisfy our wants more then last year and they always have to bare with our negativity that is spread through 15 posts everyday.Maybe if we seemed abit more positive they would feel AL community is good to be with and stick with the game for very long. Also just my opinion, feel free to reply.

Titanfall
04-05-2015, 06:34 AM
I strongly disagree, STS have stated the MOBA wont have too many in app purchases apart from a xp boost. AL is their only MMORPG and their cash cow. Last time someone asked a question if AL was close to the end of its life span the devs said they had grand plans for AL still.

carmine_blade
04-05-2015, 06:34 AM
I can just as easily interpret all the things you mention as positive and forward-looking :) I'm sorry you feel this way, perhaps it's not that AL is dying, but that your enjoyment of it is...

Tatman
04-05-2015, 06:47 AM
The whole premise that everyone will just hop from an mmorpg to a moba is wrong. A lot of us will just look for another rpg to join. ;)

Enterradora
04-05-2015, 07:03 AM
I was a active player from PL and i can be sure there the plat purchases are rlly low compared whit AL purchases.

Till this continue and bring revenue to Sts i don't think they will not upload content anymore.

Other think is all that past months we had on AL less freshly content than normal and this probably can be for the new game coming CoC, but i bet when CoC its realised we will have more freshly content here on AL.

Start a game from 0 its a hard work, like start a business, but when the game is realised and working the dedication is less then u have more time to brainstorm new ideas to make fresh content in both AL and CoC.

PS: i will say that Gnome and Orc isn't a new character, i bet its the new mobs kind.

my 5c.

Ssneakykills
04-05-2015, 07:26 AM
I was a active player from PL and i can be sure there the plat purchases are rlly low compared whit AL purchases.

Till this continue and bring revenue to Sts i don't think they will not upload content anymore.

Other think is all that past months we had on AL less freshly content than normal and this probably can be for the new game coming CoC, but i bet when CoC its realised we will have more freshly content here on AL.

Start a game from 0 its a hard work, like start a business, but when the game is realised and working the dedication is less then u have more time to brainstorm new ideas to make fresh content in both AL and CoC.

PS: i will say that Gnome and Orc isn't a new character, i bet its the new mobs kind.

my 5c.

Yeah I can't see them bribing more characters in like that

justhell
04-05-2015, 07:37 AM
As long as they keep give us recolour thing and keep showing us inconsistent about what they already state,no one can't blame if ppl thing like this.

Gbruss
04-05-2015, 07:42 AM
I think AL will stand strong until 2017 or so.

obee
04-05-2015, 08:16 AM
There are some true parts in what was said, and some other parts are kinda exagerated.

Regarding the expansion, the extra needed time is due to lack of ideas, AND because there are more things to design and work then the past expansions. We already discussed that before.

Regarding events, they have a very good idea going on right now, and there is a lot to take from that. There are many new event types that can made out of that.

Regarding bug fixes, It's a confirmation that they will keep wokring on the game. SL didn't get any bug fixed because it was retired. AL has all their attention, and CoC too, but eh.

Regarding Orcs, it's not a new class. Remiem told us to be careful when we see an orc in rooks nest... I guess it's a rare appearence like Bael II or Krunch II or the Elusives. I suggest gathering teams of farmers to cover that map many times in the same day. First team to find the orc wins a huge applaud, and we all see what the orc looks like. We can put a prize pool and compete for it.

Regarding the lack of interest... I am not well placed to judge that. I did notice a lot of inactivity in old players, but I am sure they will wake up when they hear about a new expansion.
Trust me, they won't come back if anything happens. (Old players)

obee
04-05-2015, 08:28 AM
The thing is, what is the point of buying platinum anymore. And lots of platinum payers have stopped paying. Someone told me this, but let's not forget how much money they made off of platinum farmers. NativeX gives them money for every app downloaded...anyways, no one really wants to open locks, and I still think platinum is too expensive.

scarysmerf
04-05-2015, 08:32 AM
I disagree I think arcane legends has plenty of life left just cause call of champions is coming soon dosnt mean sts will forget al.I think this is only the begining. :)

Khicho
04-05-2015, 08:47 AM
First this one persons perspective and yes there is heavy bias in its content. That said, it is hard not agree with many of the statements made whether they are true or not. Which leads to the real issue at hand. For a long time now players have been asking for more transparency, timely resolutions to both game and character issues, and a greater appreciation for both time and real money spent on our game. These requests have been met with less than favorable results. So it is no surprise that there are so many disenchanted players.

For me the worst part is AL has the potential to be the greatest handheld device game out there. Although I am very excited about this new game CoC because I enjoy pvp above all else. I am also upset because the introduction will surely mean that players such as myself will be moving on.

In my opinion and the reason that I believe there is s lot of truth to this thread is the majority of the plat buyers are pvpers. Once those players move on there simply will not be the revenue stream to continue to improve AL. At least not at the same level.

I really wish sts would have just invested their money in making the pvp aspect of AL second to non.

Only time will tell now.

Higuani
04-05-2015, 09:00 AM
I heard AL was going to cap LVL66 when they released AL

CouchPass
04-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Since Pocket Legends is gone, Dark Legends basically invisible along with Star Legends, AL will keep on going. They only have to focus a lot on 2 games now , Call of Champions, and AL.

darthdlo
04-05-2015, 09:30 AM
When u go 2 years with 0 to 1 event and its a recycled one and the only way to play is basically pay then itll b on its last days we only half way at best ex. Pocket legends made it to 76 and nowhere as good as AL

Aprove
04-05-2015, 09:53 AM
I doubt it.
Because AL is quite a succesful game.

Golem
04-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Nothing is forever :) and this thread is soooo true. Only 1 year and AL = PL same story.

Golem
04-05-2015, 10:00 AM

my 5c.

With AL sts made a lot of money but now they used all that money on crap game like coc. Am sure this coc gonna make a lot problems for AL. We will see all.

Doobiez
04-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Al still alive and well it ain't going anywhere soon don't worry enerybody we still got a lot to see 😁

Zylx
04-05-2015, 10:42 AM
I heard AL was going to cap LVL66 when they released AL

Just like how PL was supposed to be capped at 100?

Limsi
04-05-2015, 10:47 AM
no more fun no more fun no more fun no more fun no more fun no more constructive posts from me

ClumsyCactus
04-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Also, it does not matter if sts believes that they will keep AL Rolling or not, because people are loosing interest...
almost The Only ones Who are having fun is twinks and really social people.
On a sidenote, CoC here i come!
If i still have a good device this summer my new Main game will definitely be CoC!

ClumsyCactus
04-05-2015, 10:50 AM
I doubt it.
Because AL is quite a succesful game.

PL was (in my Knowledge) the first major mobile MMO, achieving alot of things and basically leading the Way for alot of now HUGE mobile MMOs and RPGs.
And yet, what is PL now?

Zylx
04-05-2015, 11:12 AM
AL isn't as alive as it was a year ago. AL is going downhill imo. I feel like all of these reskins mean that STS is running out of ideas, and these events are just there to briefly increase their profits while they can. I love STS, and I love AL, and I will be likely be around even after AL dies, but I believe what I believe. These statements are all based on what i can assume. I'm neither right nor wrong, it's just a reasonable assumption based on what's been given. You guys might think this is an over-exaggeration, but I'm sure PL players thought their end would've been an over-exaggeration as well.

Kakashis
04-05-2015, 11:22 AM
AL will be here to stay! Still MMO will always have more to do than pvp

Golem
04-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Before this event Locked prises were 10k and now only 1,5-2k so this events point were to make locked prices lower so anyone can buy them/ ppl buy more lockeds to spent more platinums... Nice win for sts. Making money from AL to CoC -.-

Titanfall
04-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Before this event Locked prises were 10k and now only 1,5-2k so this events point were to make locked prices lower so anyone can buy them/ ppl buy more lockeds to spent more platinums... Nice win for sts. Making money from AL to CoC -.-
You clearly have no clue how the market works

Wutzgood
04-05-2015, 02:54 PM
This game has a few years left at least. The new game is a completely different type of game and won't be competition for this.

The expansion is just around the corner and watch as a lot of players who "quit" will come back when it comes out.

Tatman
04-05-2015, 04:17 PM
In my opinion and the reason that I believe there is s lot of truth to this thread is the majority of the plat buyers are pvpers. Once those players move on there simply will not be the revenue stream to continue to improve AL. At least not at the same level.

Things don't work like this. I am virtually a non-plat player, but I have bought so many elixirs, ankh kits, respec kits etc., that I'm pretty sure their total worth in plat exceeds what a large number of obsessed pvpers have invested in this game to pop locks. You might say "but someone else buys those kits with plat and you pay in gold". True. Yet, if I'm not here to buy with gold, no-one will buy with plat. Because there will be no-one to sell to. Problem is, both STS and most of the so called forum community neglected and still neglects this fact. They obviously think "plat sales" = "lock popping". And when lock popping is no longer profitable -> no-one opens them -> sales plummet -> STS has no plan B for increasing revenues.

Zeus
04-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Just a tiny correction...

STG released two new classes in hopes to revive PL but the thread itself only got a handful of views and a total of 2 thanks. That in itself shows how dead the game was prior to the class release.

So, when we see new classes being introduced to AL, it's in hopes that it revives the game. We shouldn't look at it as a death sentence for the game.

acewasabi
04-05-2015, 05:32 PM
lots of ppl dont like pvp so they wont play this new game, they will keep playing AL.

Mr K
04-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Class balance is a hot topic (btw only 3 classes). New classes? STS would not make this mistake...

Candylicks
04-05-2015, 06:08 PM
I can see them introducing new classes, would give people a lot more playing time in the game to level and gear up new toons.

My guess is StS has no specific time frame in mind for stopping new material for AL, but will happen naturally when the game reaches way past its peak and isn't profitable anymore. You guys mobile games don't have the longevity of a lot of PC games, it's the course of this industry. Mobile games are hot for a while then they fizzle and the next game comes that people flock to. It's not anything personal against the community here, just the business side of mobile games. They are keeping us together by launching a new hot game, fixing a lot of what is broke in AL. Focus on that and enjoy and anticipate the awesomeness of expansion here as well. No reason to feel upset or negative, just keep yourself informed and play as long as you continue to derive enjoyment from the StS games.

chipping
04-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Just a tiny correction...

STG released two new classes in hopes to revive PL but the thread itself only got a handful of views and a total of 2 thanks. That in itself shows how dead the game was prior to the class release.

So, when we see new classes being introduced to AL, it's in hopes that it revives the game. We shouldn't look at it as a death sentence for the game.

This is very True, most ppl didnt even bother trying the new classes, only the hardcore players did.

As for Arcane Legend coming to an end, This is nowhere near the horizon atm. Lets all adhere to the fact that coc is a completely different game and resides in a different genre. I think its safe to say sts can handle 2 games at a time, heck they were handling 6 before they put a full stop to pl/sl/dl and those other 2 idk their names lol.

I think until we see another mmorpg emerging capable of overshadowing al we can rest easy and say that al will live its days in tranquillity.

darthdlo
04-05-2015, 06:54 PM
I honestly like the events no matter how lame or frustrating because after i capped my toons and did new additions i get bored there event gave me something to do ive got 70-100 anks on 3 toons lots new vanities/pets made lots quick cash, st.patty and easter event been able to cap alot pets from xp events they to to work on that to put out there not a huge company so sure most r working cause they slip and work certain games and by giving us a year uve extended game if they have a strong line up ahead theve gave a longer life span. This games has 100s of thousands around the globe and their in and out u see the dedicated players really on forums and u only see 10s of threads likee this so dont let illusion of a few negative post let u to believe the whole feels this way sts make money other ways besides plat purchases pl went a long ways b4 the super lixs came out that was really one of if not their 1st money maker, their not much bigger of a company.

Xorrior
04-05-2015, 08:16 PM
I have seen how the devs have been giving back to the community since Lovecraft event. I wish them and all the best of luck. See you all in game soon. I am in sporadically as my rogue.

I briefly checked new game forum, saw clips, was impressed. Although not my cup of tea.

I play AL because it takes my mind away from the stresses of RL, for that I am grateful.

P.S this new expansion seems a lot of mining and subterranean stuff. Perhaps many more new gems and some smeltering like the orcs in lotr. I don't think orcs and gnomes are a new class either, instead themed characters of the new expansion.

Leonut
04-06-2015, 05:56 AM
I strongly disagree, STS have stated the MOBA wont have too many in app purchases apart from a xp boost. AL is their only MMORPG and their cash cow. Last time someone asked a question if AL was close to the end of its life span the devs said they had grand plans for AL still.

So naive. Why would anyone who runs a business, not want to maximise profit.

I bet my every AL dollar that it would be filled with in app purchases just like Heroes of order and chaos. These in app purchases will allow you to gain heroes and lvl up permanent stats faster.

Allows.
04-06-2015, 08:06 AM
U simply can't compare CoC (MOBA) & AL (MMORPG).

Many people don't like MOBA's (me included).
I think at the release of CoC many people will stop playing AL and try CoC out.
But after a while they probably realise what a great game AL actually is, and will return.

Ssneakykills
04-06-2015, 10:02 AM
They need to pvp balance and fix classes before they even think about brining in new classes in my opinion

Zylx
04-06-2015, 12:25 PM
I just wanted to say I still very much love STS and I really hope they prove me wrong with this.

Golem
04-06-2015, 05:39 PM
If this thread wasnt true someone of sts workers commented something. BUT in fakt the end is really coming i think :( Cus they really post on every thread if its not true.

Maridos
04-07-2015, 02:30 AM
If this thread wasnt true someone of sts workers commented something. BUT in fakt the end is really coming i think :( Cus they really post on every thread if its not true.

Yea i noticed same thing

SacredKnight
04-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Meh, I agree with some and disagree with other parts. But, to be frank, the main thing that I feel is making me bored of AL is the repetition. It's effectively the same thing again and again, but I don't see it dying off anytime soon TBH. When a veteran leaves two rookies take its place *HAIL HYDRA* (lolxD), just my 2 cents.

epicrrr
04-07-2015, 02:47 AM
I dont see this game dying anytime soon, it still attracts a lot of players and a lot will stay and explore the game more.

Ssneakykills
04-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Depending on how this cap goes I think will determine a lot if people are quitting or not... I can see this cap being pretty good and caps attract people back to play

Justg
04-07-2015, 08:39 AM

Sigh. The sky is not falling, ok?

Wazakesy
04-07-2015, 08:44 AM

#TheyKnowBetter

I have no idea on using these #COMMENTS

xD

Was waiting for these ol' day responses...back in the day when it was only G, Sam n delph who used to take care of threads :')

Enterradora
04-07-2015, 10:21 AM

GG :encouragement:

Ssneakykills
04-07-2015, 12:27 PM

My hero

D.AL
04-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Agree !

Jirikjurasek
04-07-2015, 01:51 PM

Wutzgood
04-07-2015, 01:57 PM
I remember topics like this before battle dragons was released.

Different type game and won't be competition. Didn't slow down al at all.

GoodSyntax
04-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Simply put, the SpaceTime Engine is the best on the market, hands-down!

Granted, there are a great many things I have an issue with in game, but the fact is, I have tried many other MMORPG's (O&C, Kritika and many others that don't even warrant a mention), yet, whatever game I try, I am always noting how this works better in AL, or I like that better in AL, or how this and that system seems confusing compared to AL.

At the end of the day, AL's appeal is in the simplicity of the interface, the richness of the community and the challenge (if you choose to seek it out). Yes, there are reskins and tweaks to old stuff, but that's just smart programming. Every new item comes with a cost. STS could definitely add hundreds of new things in game, but then everyone would complain about how much space AL takes, how long it takes to load, how badly it is lagging (which we complain about already).

Every item requires storage space and a memory address. At some point, you have to balance out resource demands with fluidity of the game, so the trade-off is reskinning/re-releasing of old content. Textures are relatively cheap as far as resources go - which is why reskins are going to be the easiest way to add content without adding much in the way of cost.

Kyle Holmes
04-07-2015, 03:16 PM
This will still be the main game that makes most of the money. I like both kind of games CoC looks awesome and I can't wait to play it but theres always that time I wanna just go and bash loads of mobs heads in which you can't do on CoC

jiph
04-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Funny to Me how people asc other peeople for opinions is like your talking to a mirror of eNdless insEcuritiezzs and never endinj understanding. weich Honly you the life taker will get to (understand]-Hopefully in the mean time let the marionette show Kontinue -. 1Mmortal thoughts

Pixiex
04-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I suppose if you think about it, I guess you're right. I've been a player right since the start of the game, and I've had some great fun and have had good times with many players. But I suppose all games come to an end at some point and my opinion is that this is when AL is entering its final stages.

obee
04-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Let's not forget AL's graphics to. So much better compared to others.