PDA

View Full Version : Skill Review

Kingofninjas
04-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Lately, we all have been begging for a revamp of the current skill system, but all STS is doing is fixing bugs and FINALLY gave mages their much needed stun immunity. But the skill system still needs a major revamp. I think the limit of 5 points on a single passive should be increased to 10. For example, there would be a limit of 10% crit, or 50 intelligence, strength or dexterity and so on. Additionally, passives like damage and movement speed should be fixed so that they stack with the pet happiness bonus instead of being overridden by it.

Pros:
Would force people to actually think about their build instead of using the universal build for PvP or PvE. It would force people to prioritize on passives based on their playstyle instead of simply maxing out every passive that is functioning correctly. For example, one with an aggressive would sacrifice the hp and armor passive to add points to damage, dexterity and crit passive. Everyone will no longer be able to use the exact same build as they will have to balance out different stats.

Cons:
Currently maxed out players who do not need to watch their damage ir even hp too closely will have increased crit, making them even more OP.

This is not meant to be the only change, but merely a start. I would like to see some new skills, but cannot think of any that would not completely change how the game is played, so this will be my only suggestion for the moment.

Thanks for reading :)

obee
04-05-2015, 08:31 AM
I know people who have said STS messed up more skills by fixing the shield. And imagine rogues in future expansion(s). What happens when their critical goes so high. They have the damage like Mages, but way more crit!

Kingofninjas
04-05-2015, 01:18 PM
I know people who have said STS messed up more skills by fixing the shield. And imagine rogues in future expansion(s). What happens when their critical goes so high. They have the damage like Mages, but way more crit!

Firstly, not true. There plenty of mages that come close to the amount of crit rogues have.

Secondly, they would lose out on mana or strength, making them easier to kill.

debitmandiri
04-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Firstly, not true. There plenty of mages that come close to the amount of crit rogues have.

He rarely know what he is saying

obee
04-05-2015, 01:28 PM
He rarely know what he is saying
Who? Me?

obee
04-05-2015, 01:30 PM

Mages don't gain as much critical as rogues get, yet rogues get the same amount of damage.

Kriticality
04-05-2015, 01:44 PM
You mean PVE obee? Rogues get nowhere near mages damage in PVP unless said rogue is super geared and said mage is not. Rogues can reach lower maybe as high as mid 600's. In PVE, if you have 8+ paras, rogues can creep into the 800's. Super geared mages are awesome now.

@King, I agree with making passives different to give diversity to builds. Especially if STS continues on the path of imbued armor with 4 different specialties. Would make things more interesting for sure. Have a thanks bro lol

Visiting
04-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Mages don't gain as much critical as rogues get, yet rogues get the same amount of damage.

Actually as Mage you can hit the same Crit ammounts as a rogue would (Ex: With a a full eye/para build/force imbued/singe I hit around 40% crit on my mage *_*)

Kingofninjas
04-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Actually as Mage you can hit the same Crit ammounts as a rogue would (Ex: With a a full eye/para build/force imbued/singe I hit around 40% crit on my mage *_*)

This is exactly what I meant. Conradev actually hit 60 crit and 7 has 50% crit. While I do know a few rogues with 50% crit, I do not know anyone other than conradev who hits 60% crits. Theoretically, it may be possible, but practically its just too expensive. Also, I may add, with his crit build, conradev was incredibly squishy, which would happen to most people who decided to max out their crit.

Alhuntrazeck
04-05-2015, 08:48 PM
This is exactly what I meant. Conradev actually hit 60 crit and 7 has 50% crit. While I do know a few rogues with 50% crit, I do not know anyone other than conradev who hits 60% crits. Theoretically, it may be possible, but practically its just too expensive. Also, I may add, with his crit build, conradev was incredibly squishy, which would happen to most people who decided to max out their crit.

Conrad used to often use shadowlurk with that build so he'd hit around 80% crit. This is practically a crit every shot. If he got in the first hit vs an equal geared opponent, 90% of the time the fight was over.

To add to the discussion, I feel that there should be crit caps & damage caps. We'll be seeing rogues surpass 50% crit next season, reaching around 60-70 for the max geared ones, and the season after that its 100%!

Wazakesy
04-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Conrad used to often use shadowlurk with that build so he'd hit around 80% crit. This is practically a crit every shot. If he got in the first hit vs an equal geared opponent, 90% of the time the fight was over.

To add to the discussion, I feel that there should be crit caps & damage caps. We'll be seeing rogues surpass 50% crit next season, reaching around 60-70 for the max geared ones, and the season after that its 100%!

Depends how much time AL will live when CoCs on its brand new jounrey...new tech...zzz