PDA

View Full Version : PL 5 years on...

Fractite
04-05-2015, 08:08 AM
First of all, Happy Easter to you all.

Secondly, I've just realised that I've been playing PL since it first came out, which means I've been playing for 5 years! (Hooray!)

What I'm really here for is that I want to ask what the biggest change in the game has been and what the stupidest change/update has been. Of course, these two things can be the same, but then again, I want to hear what you guys think.

End
04-05-2015, 08:10 AM
I think the worst change was when Sts made al

Ignitedmage
04-05-2015, 08:22 AM
The biggest change was when PL stopped updating(i still remember seeing my friends going :,( )
The stupidest change is people getting careless for their gold now, seriously, if you try to find a less priced thing for like 2hrs you can get through c.s :p

End
04-05-2015, 08:23 AM
The biggest change was when PL stopped updating(i still remember seeing my friends going :,( )
The stupidest change is people getting careless for their gold now, seriously, if you try to find a less priced thing for like 2hrs you can get through c.s :p

You have friends?

Ignitedmage
04-05-2015, 08:26 AM
You have friends?

Yep!
but why u asked dat?

Befs
04-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Biggest change for me was most likely the ingenuity in their first couple elite caps. With Sewers came crafting, with nuri came very nearly mini games but were never finished, with fang... What killed me and lots of PvE the thrasher pwnage punch. With humania idk I was inactive. With BsM idk either but slayer was cool.

Befs
04-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Biggest change for me was most likely the ingenuity in their first couple elite caps. With Sewers came crafting, with nuri came very nearly mini games but were never finished, with fang... What killed me and lots of PvE the thrasher pwnage punch. With humania idk I was inactive. With BsM idk either but slayer was cool.

The worst would be thrasher and them making leveling requirement only sane for people who use thrasher. Took all the work and fun out of PvE and farming.

Ssneakykills
04-05-2015, 11:21 AM
I think the worst change was when Sts made al

Pocket legends woudnt of been here without arcane legends

Iilhopeliliil
04-06-2015, 06:14 AM

Vice-versa

End
04-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Aye

KingFu
04-06-2015, 01:01 PM

I think you said that backwards.

XghostzX
04-06-2015, 03:04 PM

I could argue the other way around :3

End
04-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Cmon google.

conversely, inversely, the other way round, contrariwise, oppositely, in reverse, reciprocally

Dreatex
04-16-2015, 07:42 AM

Arcane Legends wouldnt been here without Pocket Legends.

Sad that pocket legends doesn't get anymore updates

Jig
04-16-2015, 10:00 PM
come to forums and still see people complaining haha, a companies gotta grow you silly children, AL wouldn't be here without PL and PL wouldn't be here without AL, or yes PL would be here without AL but who knows what would happen if AL didn't happen, they would slowly shut down? or they wouldn't progress in the mobilised gaming industry at all ;)

Oculus
04-16-2015, 10:18 PM
I kind of come here when vainglory forums get boring (which they rarely do, tons of new people's everyday) or if there's news about coc, still surprised people believe in pl.

xfarmtwinkx
04-17-2015, 02:13 AM
Pl is still a fun game with updates or not that's why people still believe in it.

MightyMicah
04-17-2015, 03:11 AM
I kind of come here when vainglory forums get boring (which they rarely do, tons of new people's everyday) or if there's news about coc, still surprised people believe in pl.

I think partly why people still believe in it is because it is and was one of the most revolutionary games in the App Store. This was the first game to bring a highly competitive pvp scene based around skill to the Mmo market. Not only that, but it was one of the first mmorpg's to really feel like a PC one, even if it wasn't quite as big and glamorous. It still has the potential to be a kind of "World of Warcraft" for mobile gaming and it's a shame the developers have scrapped it and ignored its potential.

Honestly, they needed one Mmorpg (as opposed to many) to work on because making many simply caused them to compete with themselves in their own market. This is why we see them branching out to different genres because they're trying to extend their player base and raise their income. It's just sad that they decided to make AL that one. I think they feel that over the years with PL, SL, and DL, they were able to learn a lot more to make AL a success. But AL just doesn't have what PL has. If you've ever looked into the Smash Bros. Documentary, PL is a lot like Smash Bros. melee. It's a beautiful accident and it remains the only one of the four mmorpgs made by STG which still has the potential to be something amazing. The smooth combat, good use of Incomparables, fun campaign, cool graphics, and good pvp map design has just all come together to make it unique beyond comparison.

But will STG update PL? I don't think so. PL is in really deep and AL is popular. This means that to capitalize on PL, they'll need to put in several times the amount of effort they'd need to put in for AL, and there's no telling if PL will revive itself again if they do. So from a business perspective, it would be a major gamble, and one that they don't even need to take. But from a gaming perspective, these guys are crazy not to update PL. They literally stumbled onto a gold mine and something that could potentially make history for mobile mmorpgs in a similar fashion that WoW did. But in their opinion, it's just not worth the risk. Plus, I, myself, question if the developers are even capable of balancing PL. They've tried in the past and failed miserably, demonstrating that they're not very good at balancing. (Which of course makes me skeptical about Call of Champions but that's another topic.)

But in my humble opinion, they should rethink their position. PL has more potential than AL ever had or ever will have. The game could straight up be insane and the competitive pvp scene would explode with exponential growth if they managed to balance the game once again. It seems to me that they could at least take some small steps with the game like perhaps allowing a team of long time players to communicate and adjust stats/gear/skills appropriately. People are searching for the competitive scene in mobile gaming. If you don't believe me, check the pvp leaderboards in even some lame Mobile mmorpgs. The community is out there and it's looking for a home. If PL were balanced, word would spread like wildfire and people would pour into the community. That's what happened in 2010-early 2011, and that's what would happen again. People don't join a game for the pvp scene when they're told in Forest Haven and Balefort castle at level 5 that "The game is unbalanced" and "it's all luck at cap" or, "This game takes no skill."

Anyways, maybe I'm rambling a bit so let me summarize. People see the potential of PL and it's sad to us to see it die because we know how unique and amazing the game is. But because STG lacks the resources (and the will) to put effort into this game, there's not anything we can do but hang around and pray that one day STG or someone else will see its potential and pick it up again. Such a hope is faint indeed, but we can't help it.

Itoopeo
04-17-2015, 05:18 AM
I think partly why people still believe in it is because it is and was one of the most revolutionary games in the App Store. This was the first game to bring a highly competitive pvp scene based around skill to the Mmo market. Not only that, but it was one of the first mmorpg's to really feel like a PC one, even if it wasn't quite as big and glamorous. It still has the potential to be a kind of "World of Warcraft" for mobile gaming and it's a shame the developers have scrapped it and ignored its potential.

Honestly, they needed one Mmorpg (as opposed to many) to work on because making many simply caused them to compete with themselves in their own market. This is why we see them branching out to different genres because they're trying to extend their player base and raise their income. It's just sad that they decided to make AL that one. I think they feel that over the years with PL, SL, and DL, they were able to learn a lot more to make AL a success. But AL just doesn't have what PL has. If you've ever looked into the Smash Bros. Documentary, PL is a lot like Smash Bros. melee. It's a beautiful accident and it remains the only one of the four mmorpgs made by STG which still has the potential to be something amazing. The smooth combat, good use of Incomparables, fun campaign, cool graphics, and good pvp map design has just all come together to make it unique beyond comparison.

But will STG update PL? I don't think so. PL is in really deep and AL is popular. This means that to capitalize on PL, they'll need to put in several times the amount of effort they'd need to put in for AL, and there's no telling if PL will revive itself again if they do. So from a business perspective, it would be a major gamble, and one that they don't even need to take. But from a gaming perspective, these guys are crazy not to update PL. They literally stumbled onto a gold mine and something that could potentially make history for mobile mmorpgs in a similar fashion that WoW did. But in their opinion, it's just not worth the risk. Plus, I, myself, question if the developers are even capable of balancing PL. They've tried in the past and failed miserably, demonstrating that they're not very good at balancing. (Which of course makes me skeptical about Call of Champions but that's another topic.)

But in my humble opinion, they should rethink their position. PL has more potential than AL ever had or ever will have. The game could straight up be insane and the competitive pvp scene would explode with exponential growth if they managed to balance the game once again. It seems to me that they could at least take some small steps with the game like perhaps allowing a team of long time players to communicate and adjust stats/gear/skills appropriately. People are searching for the competitive scene in mobile gaming. If you don't believe me, check the pvp leaderboards in even some lame Mobile mmorpgs. The community is out there and it's looking for a home. If PL were balanced, word would spread like wildfire and people would pour into the community. That's what happened in 2010-early 2011, and that's what would happen again. People don't join a game for the pvp scene when they're told in Forest Haven and Balefort castle at level 5 that "The game is unbalanced" and "it's all luck at cap" or, "This game takes no skill."

Anyways, maybe I'm rambling a bit so let me summarize. People see the potential of PL and it's sad to us to see it die because we know how unique and amazing the game is. But because STG lacks the resources (and the will) to put effort into this game, there's not anything we can do but hang around and pray that one day STG or someone else will see its potential and pick it up again. Such a hope is faint indeed, but we can't help it.

Keyboard warrior lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Armourslash
04-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Keyboard warrior lol

He made his point clear, that response you just made ain't gonna help.

Itoopeo
04-17-2015, 03:35 PM
He made his point clear, that response you just made ain't gonna help.

well I didnt read it obviously. I red the main post and the browsing trough comments saw that monster and decided to say something

Oculus
04-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Yes definitely^^
well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burstnuke
04-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Keyboard warrior lol

Do you even know what that means? Lol :boxing: