PDA

View Full Version : Question about pet experience

Arvaen
04-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Is it a flat experience rate of 1 XP per valid mob killed? Or does it fluctuate like player XP, i.e. harder mobs give more XP?

Wazakesy
04-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Not sure :p

Zylx
04-05-2015, 10:35 PM
It really depends on level. Have you ever noticed that colored dot that's to the side of the health bar? They determine the mob's difficulty based on the difference between your level and theirs.

GREY
Indicates that your level is significantly higher than the enemy (higher than the limit) and you will not gain any experience or kills from killing the enemy. (Easiest mobs)

BLUE
Indicates that your level meets the expectations for the map and your experience gain will be standard. (Intermediate mobs)

RED
Indicates that your level is significantly lower than the enemy and experience gain will be at it's highest. (Hardest mobs)

(There are a few other colors in between, but I can't remember them off the top of my head)

There are also factors including elixirs and buffs that play into how much experience you will receive per kill. Also, enemies spawned by other enemies will not grant any kills/xp whatsoever.

Arvaen
04-05-2015, 10:43 PM
It really depends on level. Have you ever noticed that colored dot that's to the side of the health bar? They determine the mob's difficulty based on the difference between your level and theirs.

GREY
Indicates that your level is significantly higher than the enemy (higher than the limit) and you will not gain any experience or kills from killing the enemy. (Easiest mobs)

BLUE
Indicates that your level meets the expectations for the map and your experience gain will be standard. (Intermediate mobs)

RED
Indicates that your level is significantly lower than the enemy and experience gain will be at it's highest. (Hardest mobs)

(There are a few other colors in between, but I can't remember them off the top of my head)

There are also factors including elixirs and buffs that play into how much experience you will receive per kill. Also, enemies spawned by other enemies will not grant any kills/xp whatsoever.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of those points. So just to confirm, pet XP is affected similar to player XP?

Zylx
04-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Interesting, I wasn't aware of those points. So just to confirm, pet XP is affected similar to player XP?

I believe so. These colors don't apply to the pets though because you can level a level 1 pet in brackenridge even if the enemy's are too weak for you. But once the pet gets too strong for the enemies in that zone, it'll stop gaining xp from those enemies. Unfortunately though, I don't think there is an indicator that tells you if your pet will gain xp or not.

I could be wrong, pets might gain xp regardless of their level. I'm not entirely sure.

mxzgrawp
04-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Is it a flat experience rate of 1 XP per valid mob killed? Or does it fluctuate like player XP, i.e. harder mobs give more XP?

Apparently pets Level up easier,while levelling up one of my twinks from lvl 26 to 41 I decided buying a Slag,which was capped when I was also capped too,so the XP gap must be pretty big between pets and characters.