PDA

View Full Version : Someone threatened to hack me if I didn't give him 20000 g

Greyhorse
03-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Just a little while ago, I was checking something out at the CS, minding my own business, when I got a pm from a stranger. (No screenshots, darn it; I'm on an unrooted Droid X.) :(

But the gist of the convo was:
Him: "Give me 20000g or ill hack your account...I'm a gm."
Me: "Say what?"
Him: "Give me 20000g."
Me: (publicly) : "Hey, there's a guy here who threatened to hack me if I don't give him 20000g. His name is ____________."
(I was hoping he'd split, but he followed me and repeated his demand.)
Me, publicly: "I already reported you, BTW." Then I put him on ignore.

I thought the matter was handled, and went back to my price checking. Then, I get another pm, this time from someone who told me I had just "reported his brother, who was a gm, and f*ck you!" without the asterisk, heh.

1) Should I be worried now that I've ticked them off? What if they get friends to make false reports about me or something? And, can accounts really be hacked?

2) What the heck did they mean, gm?!?

Thanks.

Ellyidol
03-22-2011, 04:10 AM
1. No there is no need to be worried AT ALL. These are just kids who want to take advantage of players. It is also illegal to impersonate a dev (or in your case, a "GM"). STS has a VERY good security system for our accounts. So the only real way to be hacked is giving out your password.

2. GM in other games mean Game Master, in here we use Devs (developers).

You should send an email to support(at)spacetimestudios.com with the names (if you can remember) of these guys. If you've also reported them individually in game, it should help.

Corpser
03-22-2011, 04:12 AM
i dont know about gm but it is psoosible to get hacked if you give out your email and false reports wont do anything towards you

Inching
03-22-2011, 04:25 AM
email support and give them your in game name. also tell them the approc time this happened and they will check the logs. if its true, they will get banned.

Greyhorse
03-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Thank you for your replies - I feel much better! :)

(And yep, I wrote their names down.)

Inching
03-22-2011, 04:40 AM

dont forget to give the time when this happened... much faster / easier to check the logs.

Ellyidol
03-22-2011, 04:46 AM

Not a problem, this shouldn't worry you at all.

They are definitely going to be banned. Dev impersonation, cursing, hacking threats, what else do these players think is okay to do? -.-

Genes
03-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Great advice Inching. Especially for new players regarding the time logs. This one is quite epic! Lol. Through my months playing PL, I've only encountered the constant beggings for gears and gold. Occasionally, someone trying to sell me worthless gears at ridiculous price.

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Not a problem, this shouldn't worry you at all.

They are definitely going to be banned. Dev impersonation, cursing, hacking threats, what else do these players think is okay to do? -.-

An advice to avoid this kind of annoyance. Do not let them know you reported them and simply ignore. That way they will not know it comes from you and the ignore button works wonders. ;)

Ellyidol
03-22-2011, 06:51 AM
An advice to avoid this kind of annoyance. Do not let them know you reported them and simply ignore. That way they will not know it comes from you and the ignore button works wonders. ;)

True! But the mind torture for them along with the anxiety of getting banned sure is.. pleasing. Mwahahaha.

BeardedBear
03-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Anything to get a buck now a days in PL I guess. That's sad kids are trying to use fear tactics to immediate people to give them gold. I wonder who fell for this so far sham so far.

But yeah, you have nothing to be worried about GreyHorse.

davidis57
03-22-2011, 06:59 AM
GM's are basically game police. Dev's develop the game and handle bugs and fixes. A dev can take on the roll of a GM as well. However, plain GM's are usually not devs. When I was a GM of a few games people would yell at me to fix stuff. That was not my function. It was my job to ban idiots like these who tried to manipulate you

Acyer
03-22-2011, 07:30 AM
I just screen shot stuff and if its bad I will post it on the forums or email the devs.

RedRyder
03-22-2011, 10:08 AM
lol dont worry about it. the two of them are SO banned. and being the nature it is, i see it as a permanent ban too

Zeus
03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah? Dev Impersonation? Or if not Dev Impersonation? STS staff Impersonation. Perm Ban. Don't worry about it. It is likely you won't see them in game again because they are attending their execution. Btw I believe the executionor's perferred weapon of execution is, THE BANHAMMER OF JUSTICE! Dun Dun DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedRyder
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah? Dev Impersonation? Or if not Dev Impersonation? STS staff Impersonation. Perm Ban. Don't worry about it. It is likely you won't see them in game again because they are attending their execution. Btw I believe the executionor's perferred weapon of execution is, THE BANHAMMER OF JUSTICE! Dun Dun DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good to see youre back in high spirits parth :p

Keohike
03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
You should be very worried. If someone black mail you, the safest way is to just give them the money.

Keohike

Zeus
03-22-2011, 02:24 PM
good to see youre back in high spirits parth :p

:D, my temper tantrums don't last more then a few hours :D.

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 02:24 PM
You should be very worried. If someone black mail you, the safest way is to just give them the money.

Keohike

I agree. 3.5M and I keep you safe-ish.

Keohike
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I agree. 3.5M and I keep you safe-ish.

Hows bout 2 m?
Keohike

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Hows bout 2 m?
Keohike

You are going down buddy!

Keohike
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
You are going down buddy!

i guess i have no choice I give u the 3.5 m. I will deposit the gold in your swiss PL account.

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 02:31 PM
i guess i have no choice I give u the 3.5 m. I will deposit the gold in your swiss PL account.

Actually my Nigerian uncle really needs the funds right now. :D

Snakespeare
03-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I could not tell from the OP. Did you tap the Report button both times?

It is no longer necessary to take a screen shot. That has not been necessary for months. Just tap the Report button and the devs will look over the logs, which are text files for them.

If you did tap the Report button, those guys will not be coming back, ever. Dev impersonation is a perma-ban. So is threatening to hack.

And no, they can not hack you if they do not know your email and password. Never use something easy like a pet name for your password, because they can go to Facebook and find your pet names. Just make strong passwords and never tell them to anyone and you can't get hacked.

Plasticuproject
03-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Don't worry about retaliation from their friends or alt accounts. If someone falsely reports you the devs will review the logs and see that you've done nothing wrong....if you haven't. So follow the rules and don't give them a reason to ban. :-)

KaotiicxDream
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
It is really hard to get hacked in PL..

1. U use another while playing than the one u use to log in with..
2. I don't know .. how the heck should some guy get ur password??

Okay , it is possible to get hacked but u need to be against some sort of super hacker..(like the ones who hack banks and stuff like that)

Greyhorse
03-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Once again, thanks, you guys! I'll be more prepared to deal next time something like this happens. (BTW, the "brother" disappeared before I could report him, too.)

(I was *so* mad I couldn't take screenshots last night! Really, please, someone in the universe, make a screenshot app for unrooted droids owned by the tech impaired, like me, lol.)

azulflame
03-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Your post is a nice idea, but a little misleading. I'm not going to do this, nor am I trying to scare you, but you are wrong. Anyone with a text editor and a little software can easily hack anything, including pocket legends. I know how easy it is from experience (WHAT I DID WAS NOT ILLEGAL, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT EITHER!!!!. I HACKED(if you could call it that) AN EXE THAT I MADE THAT NEVER LEFT MY HARD DRIVE AND WAS DELETED IMMEDIATLY. I EDITED A VALUE AND CHANGED A FEW THINGS THAT MADE DIFFERENT RESULTS.) Anyway, it is not that hard to hack a server or file that contains data that a hacker wants. Any threats should be handled with care and REPORTED IMMEDIATLY!!!!! They are very dangerous, and it is like handing Dev tools to someone who hates you. It is stupid and illegal, but hacking is a probability and very powerful/dangerous. Handle any threats with care

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Your post is a nice idea, but a little misleading. I'm not going to do this, nor am I trying to scare you, but you are wrong. Anyone with a text editor and a little software can easily hack anything, including pocket legends. I know how easy it is from experience (WHAT I DID WAS NOT ILLEGAL, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT EITHER!!!!. I HACKED(if you could call it that) AN EXE THAT I MADE THAT NEVER LEFT MY HARD DRIVE AND WAS DELETED IMMEDIATLY. I EDITED A VALUE AND CHANGED A FEW THINGS THAT MADE DIFFERENT RESULTS.) Anyway, it is not that hard to hack a server or file that contains data that a hacker wants. Any threats should be handled with care and REPORTED IMMEDIATLY!!!!! They are very dangerous, and it is like handing Dev tools to someone who hates you. It is stupid and illegal, but hacking is a probability and very powerful/dangerous. Handle any threats with care

To an extent this is true if using brute force. But keep in mind that a cell phone is traceable and that hacking into someones account is actually illegal and that the person doing it can be taken to court. Anyways long story short just report them and they will be banned by our benevolent devs.

Zeus
03-22-2011, 02:50 PM
To an extent this is true if using brute force. But keep in mind that a cell phone is traceable and that hacking into someones account is actually illegal and that the person doing it can be taken to court. Anyways long story short just report them and they will be banned by our benevolent devs.

You beat me to it :(.

KaotiicxDream
03-22-2011, 02:54 PM

I'll give u 1M gold if u can prove to hackers on Xbox 360 in games such as MW2 (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2) and BO (Call of Duty: Black Ops) that hacking is dangerous and they should stop right now..

There is a long way over 1000 hackers to prove this to ..

Keohike
03-22-2011, 02:56 PM

HACK ME PLEASE!!!! I wont report if you do hack then the account is yours. Good Luck
Keohike

PS. My IGN-Keohike, level 55 mage

KaotiicxDream
03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
HACK ME PLEASE!!!! I wont report if you do hack then the account is yours. Good Luck
Keohike

Lol ? Hmm ... WTF?

Keohike
03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Lol ? Hmm ... WTF?

Since he seems he is pro hacker, at least the way he posted it sounds like it. Well then by all means hack me. Muahahah

superss
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
lol the other day there was a hacker selling a snowball launcher that shot yellow snow lol. he said that only he can see it because it was a private mod lol! he was selling it for like 100k!

Keohike
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Lol i think all these scams are from like the same guys.

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
lol the other day there was a hacker selling a snowball launcher that shot yellow snow lol. he said that only he can see it because it was a private mod lol! he was selling it for like 100k!

Do not eat the yellow snow.

Snakespeare
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Keohike

Agreed. Say what you want about other games, but they can't hack this one. All the good data is on STS servers. If you can read/write those servers, then you can do banks, so why would you do a game instead of a bank. In short, I doubt azulflame is right. You can't be hacked here. Your password might be weak, though, so make it stronger and stop worrying.

KaotiicxDream
03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Do not eat the yellow snow.

Best advice today !!

azulflame
03-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Agreed. Say what you want about other games, but they can't hack this one. All the good data is on STS servers. If you can read/write those servers, then you can do banks, so why would you do a game instead of a bank. In short, I doubt azulflame is right. You can't be hacked here. Your password might be weak, though, so make it stronger and stop worrying.

not quite
although it is not legal, it is possible to hack a server (anyone hear of wikileaks?) i have seen the error of my ways, and try not to return that way, so no, I will not hack your account, Keohike

you say that like a cell phone is not able to be hidden from traces. it's not that hard. however, it voids the warrenty and in some cases can be illegal, depending on the methods used.

I'll give u 1M gold if u can prove to hackers on Xbox 360 in games such as MW2 (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2) and BO (Call of Duty: Black Ops) that hacking is dangerous and they should stop right now..

There is a long way over 1000 hackers to prove this to ..

too easy to hack an XBOX, and is somewhat legal to some extent(not promoting it)

I AM NOT PROMOTING HACKING, I JUST THINK THAT THE WORLD SHOULD BE AWARY OF THE DANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Whirlzap
03-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Just Shake em of shake em of, don't let Haters get you of yourgrind

azulflame
03-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Keokie, I know what I am talking about. You don't. Shut up about it.

Otukura
03-22-2011, 10:59 PM

I seriously doubt you could hack any of this... I know it's possible, but I doubt you could. Prove me wrong, don't let my computer start up tomorrow.

Hint #1, hack a dev account, see my IP.

EDIT: not saying I could, ofc

azulflame
03-23-2011, 12:49 AM
I can't do this immeadatly, but it is possible. I also won't do this because it is a ?federal? Offence. Forgot how severe messing with servers is. Anyway, it is illegal, and I do not want to go to jail

EDIT: Are you angry that I kicked ur butt in pvp even though I am two levels lower than you? Have I mentioned that I love my archer.

Otukura
03-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Still doubt you could do it, but I know that it is possible.

EDIT: Not doubt, very very very^9001 doubt.

Keohike
03-23-2011, 03:26 AM

What you scared of i wont report you come on hack me!!!!!
All talk nothing to back it up. Anyone can say they could do stuff, instead of talking DO IT.
PS. Why would you even tell ppl u can hacks things? To show off? Then what? Then you try to hide behind the law, saying you can get in trouble lol.
Guess what i can hack to i can hack into your account but i don't want to cuz against the law.
Keohike

KaotiicxDream
03-23-2011, 03:35 AM
What you scared of i wont report you come on hack me!!!!!
All talk nothing to back it up. Anyone can say they could do stuff, instead of talking DO IT.
PS. Why would you even tell ppl u can hacks things? To show off? Then what? Then you try to hide behind the law, saying you can get in trouble lol.
Guess what i can hack to i can hack into your account but i don't want to cuz against the law.
Keohike

lol .. Hacking is both harder and easier these days.. Lot of hacks is downloadable from the Internet (easier to hack) these days u protect stuff with finger print scanner and Extreme good passwords(harder to hack)

Keohike
03-23-2011, 03:40 AM
I just don't think he can hack, yet he post like he some kind of pro hacker? Why do ppl do this?

KingFu
03-23-2011, 04:00 AM
As others have said, don't be worried at all, just a greedy kid. E-mail support[at]spacetimestudios.com replacing [at] with @ reporting them.

If you can't remember the name, it's no big deal. The guy said he reported you, right? Then devs will review chat between you and him, and they will see what he said and ban him. Karma FTW:)

KingFu
03-23-2011, 04:04 AM

Is cheesesticks a good password?

Fyrce
03-23-2011, 05:35 AM
In case anyone doesn't know, you can also report someone by typing in your chat "/report <name>"
In case the person has left and all you have is their name and your chat log.
The devs can see the logs now, so you don't need to screenshot.
You just need the name to report.

Suntv
03-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Me, publicly: "I already reported you, BTW." Then I put him on ignore.

If you put him on ignore, then he's probably on your ignore list. Should make the search a bit more narrow, unless you have tons of players to ignore.

Lesrider
03-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Um... Those claiming it's so easy to hack the STS server -- do you have proof of even ONE hacked item/player? I would think news would travel pretty fast if someone saw anything that looked hacked.

Diodge
03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
The best part of this is. Why would any one waste there time hacking a game that will get you zero money in selling anything? NO will spend the time to hack gold/plat that has ZERO value to gamers black market.

Even if someone did hack PL. The game is to small to get away with anything good.

anything can be hacked....

StompArtist
03-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Um... Those claiming it's so easy to hack the STS server -- do you have proof of even ONE hacked item/player? I would think news would travel pretty fast if someone saw anything that looked hacked.

What puzzles me even more is the fact that someone who can hack accounts would tell other people to give them gold or they will hack them... huh... if you can hack the accounts to begin with why aren't you rich?

Lesrider
03-23-2011, 07:27 AM
What puzzles me even more is the fact that someone who can hack accounts would tell other people to give them gold or they will hack them... huh... if you can hack the accounts to begin with why aren't you rich?

Yep, that too. But I was just referring to the possibility of hacking the server in general. Someone threatening to hack the way this guy did, is obviously a loser who's just blowing smoke.