View Full Version : Seriously? (rant).....

KingFu
03-22-2011, 04:52 AM
Today, I started farming, we broke apart as some people left so I decided to join some PUGs. Seriously, I joined maybe 5-8 games and played, I came across a level 17, 23, 31, 32 and and a 20 something, found some 46s and 48s. But I can't blame em since there are little AO3 games. Seriously, I know this has been happening for some time, but I didn't know it was so bad that in 5-8 different games I come across around 5 players under level 35 in a 50-55 zone! I found a lvl 32 Mage, and thought I'd try telling him how you don't get anymore XP in BS then you do for example AO1, and that he might as well go there to get loot around his level he can use sooner, and where he can actually be SOME help. I then tried telling him the benefits of leveling normally, how you'll learn your class, respect and enjoy the game more, and gave him the words of Snake; you won't enjoy being the cap/a high level if you don't enjoy leveling so true. All I got out of him was I'm saying he know his class, and having 1.8K kills and 400 deaths at lvl 32 didn't mean he didn't know his class, and how I was a high lvl jerk for judging him and he called me a "doosh".

I know I've been here long enough to know this will happen, and know it is happening, just didn't know it was this bad (since I rarely join PUGs). May sound dumb of me for posting this, and some may think its stupid. Is it always this common to find a low lvl? When I'm farming I'll see the rare pop in of a low level, but tonight it was mayhem. I know there are many topics about power leveling, so please keep the flaming to a minimum;) Just had to post my first meaningless rant thread ^_^ and it is in off topic:p

Ellyidol
03-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Is it possible those games were map 1, 3, and 5? Because if I'm not mistaken, those are the maps that the portals in the BS town lead to.

They're just your fans Myst ;)

KingFu
03-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Hahaha, I found em in hideout, swill pitz, roach and I think stronghold, so 1, 2, 4, and 5

Ellyidol
03-22-2011, 05:06 AM
THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!

I wonder if a group of level 20ish players would actually TRY and do BS maps...

Zux
03-22-2011, 05:09 AM
This is happening too often and it must be stopped....off with their heads I say! (a proper solution could work just as well)

KingFu
03-22-2011, 05:09 AM
None of the players were even trying, one was taunting and dying every second then asking for rev, and the other hit auto at boss and went afk....

Haha zux, I like the idea;)

Sad thing is, commercial will only bring in more:(

Necrobane
03-22-2011, 05:13 AM
I gotta say, before I met Echelong and Mitsuin, I witnessed SOOOOOOO much of this :( ilys

Yvonnel
03-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Yeah its gotten pretty common now. I've finally just quit joining PUGs. If I can't find a friend's game to join I just go farming in the swamps or AO.

JaytB
03-22-2011, 06:18 AM
I feel your pain bro ;) I'm often called a jerk when trying to offer advice to a low lvl who clearly has no idea what he/she's doing. I usually just leave then.

That's also why I rarely join PUG's really.

KingFu
03-22-2011, 07:19 AM
I joined a few PUGs before, and they were fine. Boss fights took longer than usual, but wasn't too bad. Until I potted and tried practically soloing goblin king, mone of them knew how to kill him, so after like 10 minutes of trying to explain mid fight while that guy was calling me a "doosh" I just left lol. Hopefully not gonna join a PUG again for a while, just thought I'd try since no one was online:p

Ellyidol
03-22-2011, 07:22 AM
I joined a few PUGs before, and they were fine. Boss fights took longer than usual, but wasn't too bad. Until I potted and tried practically soloing goblin king, mone of them knew how to kill him, so after like 10 minutes of trying to explain mid fight while that guy was calling me a "doosh" I just left lol. Hopefully not gonna join a PUG again for a while, just thought I'd try since no one was online:p

I'm a nobody? :(...

You don't have to be so tight somewhere! Hahahaha

Kalielle
03-22-2011, 10:03 AM
I've encountered this too. Level 20ish seems to be particularly popular. It's why I always check the minimum level box when I host games, even though I guess I wouldn't mind if some level 45 joined - after all I used to play in AO2 when I was a level 35ish noob, not to try to get ahead but just because it was fun. But I just don't want to spend all my game time booting level 20s.

They tend to be rude when you ask them to leave too, that really amazes me. I take time out of my game to offer them the chance to leave voluntarily, and they're rude in return.

So I stopped doing that, and just boot without warning with "..." for the reason. That's my code for either "I don't have time to explain", "I don't wanna go into it", and most often "You should already know the reason."