PDA

View Full Version : Frames Per Second Questions.

Ellyidol
03-22-2011, 07:06 AM
I've been curious of the difference between capabilities of iPhone 4 FPS vs iPad 1 FPS.

I was wondering if there was a site I can go to which shows this?

Open the site on my iPhone, then on my iPad.

Was also curious so I could do some tweaks to my iPad (removing apps, etc) to know if it improves my FPS.

Also, better FPS means running PL smoother right?

I've really been trying to find ways to try and improve my PL game play (graphics mostly) with my iPad 1, before even considering getting an iPad 2.

Echelong
03-22-2011, 08:03 AM
yeah more FPS should mean better, iPad2 will run smoother from the comparisons I have seen. As for the difference iPad 1 and iphone 4 should be about the same except the quality of the screen (iphone's retina display is awesome). Check how much memory you have left maybe you have very little space, but not really sure.

Tried to google about FPS comparisons but all I got is first person shooter games even when I googled frames per second -_- If I do find something I'll let you know.

FluffNStuff
03-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Big difference between the iPad 1 and iPhone4/iPad2 is the iPad 1 only had 256 megs of memory vs the 512 on the other two. Things to consider are rebooting your iPad (helps me when I start to slow down) and reset your router (definitely helps with ping problems).

Frenzyn
03-22-2011, 11:05 AM
FPS - Frames Per Second
Your eye can perceive images through the lens and visual receptors at about 24 frames per second.
Real life runtime would be 30 frames per second. (Your eye sees at 24, and real life is 30, which is why sometimes when you swing your arm fast it sees 2 because your eyes cannot perceive that focus fast enough)

So, if a game ran at 30 frames persecond, that is amaing quality.
anywhere between 24-250 is really good fps. I don't think you can go higher than that, but yes the higher the fps, the smoother it will run.

A frame is an image, and frames per second can basically mean it shoots out 24 images per second to make an animation.
if it shot out 2 frames per second, it would be horrible, because your seeing 2 images per second, which isn't even really an animation.
24+ is where your eyes can perceive it to be running in real time without lag. Above that is even better.
the higher it is, the less connection lag also because it wont have to worry about keeping up with fps as much as connection wise.

Hope that helps!