PDA

View Full Version : What class will you register?

Frenzyn
03-22-2011, 11:59 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5153/blackstar5.jpg

I honestly think i might register the operative or engineer.
in some preview i saw, the operative is a really fast runner which would totally be an advantage.
The engineer is my gender tho, a male, so i might also go with him, but i think he might be the bird of pocket legends.

Like this:
commando - bear
operative - enchantress
engineer - bird

Echelong
03-22-2011, 12:04 PM
All three classes then I will play with each of them will probably end up playing the Operative (mage) for the healing.

noneo
03-22-2011, 12:07 PM
I agree with Echelong. I think I will get all three classes to level cap, probably starting with the "Mage" version first.

Arterra
03-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Honestly no idea. Will try all three. It would be hilarious if engineer could put down temporary towers DD style.

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 12:09 PM
All 3 starting with Operative.

ratava
03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
A bit worried they will be too similar to PL:

Tank
rDPS
Support

Kinda boring but if all are using guns them maybe projectile combat could be cool??

Not excited about the classes so far... But the designs are cool. :)

Operative.

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Is there anything else than Thief-Mage-Warrior or variations based on those 3 in any game?

noneo
03-22-2011, 12:26 PM
A bit worried they will be too similar to PL:

Tank
rDPS
Support

Kinda boring but if all are using guns them maybe projectile combat could be cool??

Not excited about the classes so far... But the designs are cool. :)

Operative.

I think it will be a different game-play since they are all using guns. Maybe the tank can shoot large explosions, like grenades, but has a very slow rate of fire. Whereas the Engineer shoots tons of small plasma shots very rapidly.

At least that is how I would want it.

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Faster walking speed? Why can't PL have that then? One of the things that drives me crazy lately (after playing a bunch of other games) is that I feel like a turtle wading through molasses when playing PL.

Acyer
03-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Operative and Engineer will be my 2 first then followed by Commando

Junside
03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Honestly no idea. Will try all three. It would be hilarious if engineer could put down temporary towers DD style.

That's what I was thinking. I think I can totally dominate with that. I like planned attacks.

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Would love to see a PL-DD mashup!

KaotiicxDream
03-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Well i think i register Commando first due to i love the bear in PL... But i will try all classes out!

Junside
03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm thinking the engineer would he a healer. Since I see machines and tech. The operative would be more of a DPS dealer. Maybe commando will have more than meets the eye. I'm sure they're putting careful thought into distinction of each class.

ratava
03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
I think it will be a different game-play since they are all using guns. Maybe the tank can shoot large explosions, like grenades, but has a very slow rate of fire. Whereas the Engineer shoots tons of small plasma shots very rapidly.

At least that is how I would want it.

Right on! ;)

... and that throw up plasma wall defence thingy.

If it shoots/plays like Alien Breed (Team17) that would be cool.

icantgetkills
03-22-2011, 04:56 PM
i thought everyone would of gone for the giant buff commando guy but i guess not :O i think the operative will have some awesome looking gear so guess ill be a chick again -____- but ill try all of them out im looking to get the names

plasma, aiden and XiL no one steal :L

apocketlegend
03-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Where and the world can I check out videos of the upcoming game "blackstar"?

Zeusofire
03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Operative then commando then engineer!!

ratava
03-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Where and the world can I check out videos of the upcoming game "blackstar"?

There's no vids yet. Game is still in beta, so pre-launch we'll see vids when the game's visuals etc are almost 100% finished.

Back on topic: I'd like see a few more classes released eventually and wonder if the max size of a party is till gonna be 5?

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Bear/Warrior type for me definitely.

They've always been my first character no matter what game :)

Lesrider
03-23-2011, 03:42 AM
Bear/Warrior type for me definitely.

They've always been my first character no matter what game :)

For me too, but this is the first game that had me switching to other classes after just a little gameplay.

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 03:44 AM
For me too, but this is the first game that had me switching to other classes after just a little gameplay.

True. I got all 3 to 24 before I sorta decided which way to go. :D

I'd probably really go bear though :)

Necrobane
03-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Engineer looks like my thing :)

Lesrider
03-23-2011, 03:57 AM
True. I got all 3 to 24 before I sorta decided which way to go. :D

I'd probably really go bear though :)

If he's anything like the bear, he'll probably be my last choice ;). Or maybe I'll try him out first (again) in the hopes that he's fun to play and switch if he's not.

Necrobane
03-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Bear in PL, until more recent gear updates used to be pathetic. Most probably agree that they still are, let alone at high levels. This game looks like its pure dps classes, so to start I reckon either operate or engineer.

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 04:04 AM
If he's anything like the bear, he'll probably be my last choice ;). Or maybe I'll try him out first (again) in the hopes that he's fun to play and switch if he's not.

I hope they don't underrate bear/warrior types this game around though =/

Would be nice if you could split to two too, tank/damage.

KingFu
03-23-2011, 04:06 AM
Oppaerative, DO YOU NOT SEE THAT FAT*** GUN?>!?>!>!!??!?!>!111!!!one!one??questionmark!?!

Lesrider
03-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Was just looking at other photos. Why does the commander hold his gun so weird while firing?

What I mean is, he's carrying it like a picnic basket instead of under his arm or over his shoulder like a big gun.

ratava
03-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Bear in PL, until more recent gear updates used to be pathetic. Most probably agree that they still are, let alone at high levels. This game looks like its pure dps classes, so to start I reckon either operate or engineer.

2 thumbs up for me, if true^

Was just looking at other photos. Why does the commander hold his gun so weird while firing?

What I mean is, he's carrying it like a picnic basket instead of under his arm or over his shoulder like a big gun.

Yeah, there's something odd about that... perhaps the animations are not finished yet?

Fatpigwarrior
03-23-2011, 05:51 AM
i just gonna get a full level operative

StompArtist
03-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Anyone else notice that the engineer has HUGE hands? Is he going to be slapping enemies around?

Baked-Potato
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Commando. I'll probably play just him, much like I just play the Bear in PL.

xxEcHoxx
03-24-2011, 09:07 AM
it would be great if there were different paths for skills and what weapons you could use like in W.O.W & hopefully they give the tanks some kind of sprint skill so he can stay ahead of the party...so frustrating sometimes for me to tank in pl when everyone runs at same speed

commando and engineer ftw

Zojak
03-26-2011, 02:22 AM
I'm not 100% sure what i want to create yet, its a tossup between commando and operative thats for sure though!

Kalielle
03-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Wish their genders would look a bit more ambiguous. At least in PL I could pretend my bear and bird were female. But can you imagine having a Commando named Kalielle?

I suppose the Engineer could be a woman in that suit. Sort of like in Metroid Prime.

Planning to level all three classes too, maybe starting with a tank or Operative.

Frenzyn
03-26-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm definitly going to be engineer. nuff said. After reviewing one of his Skills/Special attacks from a video i was blown away, also the video i saw
of the enginner, he looked pretty good and was able to use vehicles, maybe the term "engineer" isn't for nothing?

maddogcharlie
03-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Got to try each class but which first AGhhh, did the devs make PL real tough at first? then revise it after? is a tank best .....new system maybe so, but wait no, useless ........but I have two hands then two droids is the solution :)

Lesrider
03-27-2011, 04:09 AM
Normally, I might say the operator, but her hair bothers me.

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking engineer=mage, because they "fix" their health. LOLWUT, IK, but oh well. Anyway, I'm going with engineer. They look BAMF, and mage was my first character in PL as well.