PDA

View Full Version : 1.7 Content Update (56042)

asommers
03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
We hope you had as much fun with St. Patrick's Day event as we had making it!
The limited-edition "Big Luck" vanity item has been removed from the in-game Store.
The wearing of your "Big Luck" vanity item no longer grants the "Little Luck" event item. (That said... "Big Luck" still gives its wearers a little luck when the item is worn.)
All of the treasure chests in the realm have been returned to their normal appearance.
The name of the "Big Luck" vanity item now looks the same as other vanity items in your inventory, etc.
Removed a quest from the Alien Oasis quest list that was no longer in use (should now list 43 total quests)
Deprecated Ellie cyber doll quest has been removed

Kossi
03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
(that said... "big luck" still gives its wearers a little luck when the item is worn.)

Nooooooooooooo

EDIT: i would have totally bought this if someone told me the luck would stay...

Keohike
03-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WT? This is goooooooooooood. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Survivorfan
03-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Thank you devs, go big luck!

Kossi
03-22-2011, 03:02 PM
WT? This is goooooooooooood. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

i didnt buy it! NOOOOO

Keohike
03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
i didnt buy it! NOOOOO

Ohh lol damn, im surpise you didnt since u are experience player. I brought cuz i saw extra luck lol.

lUp3
03-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Yesss BIg Luck.. never got lucky but now I have a whole lifetime of gaming to do XD

And finally the quest is removed now only sewers to do !!

kallima
Thank you DEVS!!! After much deliberation I bought Big Luck and now so glad i made that investment!!

ballersburden
YES, WE WIN.

Thanks for keeping the luck on, glad I invested money into the game.

Rolocoaster
03-22-2011, 03:06 PM
No set bonus for sewer set yet :(

Junside
03-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Hallelujah! Now I have some hope for getting my own rares... :)

Keohike
03-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Um hey dev's, I have a suggeston.
Maybe next time you guys have some sort of holiday item and give out bonus. If you guys tell from beginning that it is perm then i think you would get a lot more revenue.
Thanks
Keohike

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Um hey dev's, I have a suggeston.
Maybe next time you guys have some sort of holiday item and give out bonus. If you guys tell from beginning that it is perm then i think you would get a lot more revenue.
Thanks
Keohike

They did say it was permanent at the beginning.

Lesrider
Kossi, we can lead "No Big Luck Allowed" parties :p

Keohike
They did say it was permanent at the beginning.

They didnt say the bonus was perm. OR did they?

If they did they should have made it a lot more clearer. IDK im just voicing my opinion from a business stand point.

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM

Yes they did. :D

KingGiant
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM

If they did they should have made it a lot more clearer. IDK im just voicing my opinion from a business stand point.

I dunno what you read, but all the info I saw about it I knew it was a permanent buff.

Echelong
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Yeah I was gonna ask the same question. I want a sewer gooey wand and one of those sewer cover metal thingys that covr the sewer entrances on the streets (sorry I don't know the word English is not my first language, please help with this)

@ Kossi - bad kossi for not buying the had bad kossi. /jk but you should have bought it for the looks.

@ everyone else please don't make this into a flaming thread of hate pace and love everyone.

FluffNStuff
03-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Kossi, we can lead "No Big Luck Allowed" parties :p

Good luck with that :)

drewcapu
03-22-2011, 03:14 PM

Permanent at the start:

Lil' Luck does not give a drop bonus, it's just a vanity item.

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS

Plasticuproject
03-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Lol. Count me in on the "No Big Luck Allowed" party :-( My bet was foolishly on temporary bonus :-((((

Keohike
03-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I dunno what you read, but all the info I saw about it I knew it was a permanent buff.

If they made it clear there wont be all this post on whether the big luck bonus will be perm or not.
So even if they did it wasn't clear enough. Sometime you have to make things clear, to avoid any confusion. Because from the other post on this thread im sure they would have brought the big luck if it was clear the bonus were perm. So the way i see it was STS just lost some revenue.

PS. Business is about max your profit, why make 5$ if you can make 10$.
Keohike

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Are we really having an argument about whether or not they told us it was permanent?
There were 30 or so pages about this, and G clearly said they would not tell us either way until after the item was no longer available. So yes, everyone took a risk, whether they bought it or not.

Justg
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
We did not know ourselves until we could analyze the economic effects. We said so. We're happy with the resolution.

You guys should know by now that we are ALWAYS going to try and do the coolest things we can in game.

Keohike
03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Are we really having an argument about whether or not they told us it was permanent?
There were 30 or so pages about this, and G clearly said they would not tell us either way until after the item was no longer available. So yes, everyone took a risk, whether they bought it or not.

No one is arguing, im just saying it would be cool for the players if we found out it was perm, and the way i see it STS and the players both win. They get increase rev and we get to have a vanity with bonus on it.
Keohike

StompArtist
03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
We did not know ourselves until we could analyze the economic effects. We said so. We're happy with the resolution.

You guys should know by now that we are ALWAYS going to try and do the coolest things we can in game.

Except the lack of Squirrels so far you guys are doing great!

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I noticed I still have my Little Lucks. Any chance they give a bit of luck as well?

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Except the lack of Squirrels so far you guys are doing great!

For you. A photo I took last year of an awesome squirrel. No idea how he was gonna open the walnut, but he was holding onto it for dear life.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/f4c32270.jpg

Echelong
03-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Great thanks. You guys are doing great with kool stuff like the vanity hats, the antennas, the sewer gear which looks great. This is a very unique MMO in its own way so keep up the good work.

Hullukko
03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I was afraid this might happen. I bought the hat and all, but I was kinda hoping to shove it away once the week was up so that I wouldn't have to wear the damn shamrocks at every boss. I'm not complaining just saying what I had thought about this whole luck business. I'm still probably gonna shove it away when not strictly farming.

Junside
03-22-2011, 03:49 PM
For you. A photo I took last year of an awesome squirrel. No idea how he was gonna open the walnut, but he was holding onto it for dear life.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/f4c32270.jpg

I like this. :o

Diodge
03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
woot Thank You! Im HAPPY!!!!!

I love the idea of bonus to plat items.
I would of never bought this piece if it didnt have a bonus. If the bonus only lasted 7days. I still would of bought it for the bonus luck.

noneo
03-22-2011, 04:05 PM
You never cease to amaze!

Now, if only I could fly around on a pterodactyl or something...

Kindread
03-22-2011, 04:43 PM

And Crown of Persistence to complete Raid Roach Custom Sets!

Arterra
03-22-2011, 04:54 PM
SO

all of you are discussing the big luck, whatever give it a rest. i want to know what he meant by the quest for the cyber doll being taken out... all cyber have shield quests, right? whats up with having a incomplete int one?

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
SO

all of you are discussing the big luck, whatever give it a rest. i want to know what he meant by the quest for the cyber doll being taken out... all cyber have shield quests, right? whats up with having a incomplete int one?

Wasn't that quest only to appease people who chose the dex or str shields before the int shield was added? Guess there's no need for it anymore so they got rid of it.

Arterra
03-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Wasn't that quest only to appease people who chose the dex or str shields before the int shield was added? Guess there's no need for it anymore so they got rid of it.

ohhh wait, it was an extra quest for people who had gotten the other ones before a int doll update addition?

Tengotengo
03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Keohike, you're even in the Chatbox all the time. I'm really surprised the perm effect took you by surprise. Sure, it wasn't 100% sure, but considering the relative balance that was undisturbed, it was pretty much a guarantee. All the almost-mods that hang in the chatbox were buying them...

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 05:08 PM
ohhh wait, it was an extra quest for people who had gotten the other ones before a int doll update addition?

Yeah, the Haunted Cyber Trash:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/e4c9634b.jpg

I have a bunch of extra cyber trash now that I'll never use :p

Keohike
03-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Keohike, you're even in the Chatbox all the time. I'm really surprised the perm effect took you by surprise. Sure, it wasn't 100% sure, but considering the relative balance that was undisturbed, it was pretty much a guarantee. All the almost-mods that hang in the chatbox were buying them...

If its not 100% then it means nothing. I brought it because i saw it gave extra luck and of course i wanted it to be perm. But pretty much guarantee means nothing. If STS has stated from beginning that the bonus is perm. then im sure there will be alot more people buying it. Which is the point im getting at.

Corpser
03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
um did they remove cyber doll cause i can still get from ghost and i havent seen the quest for ellie

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 05:14 PM
um did they remove cyber doll cause i can still get from ghost and i havent seen the quest for ellie

Not sure what you're asking.

Corpser
03-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Not sure what you're asking.

did they remove cyber doll because from the shadow man i can still do essence and get the cyber doll from that and also i havnet seen the haunted trash quest

Lesrider
03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
did they remove cyber doll because from the shadow man i can still do essence and get the cyber doll from that and also i havnet seen the haunted trash quest

Still not understanding.
If you can get it from the shadow NPC then why are you asking if they removed it?

Corpser
03-22-2011, 05:50 PM
im more asking if there is another quest after the shadow npc lol sorry shoulda been more clear

karmakali
03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Any chance of making Big Luck sellable/tradeable?

FearTheSpoon
03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm sure you have probably already answered this somewhere, but will there eventually be a set bonus for the sewer items? :cool:

lUp3
03-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Sewer set bonus and sewer sword/axe and shield please :D...Sewer is more of a bear gear rather than da pally fury gear

Ayrilana
03-22-2011, 11:34 PM
all they did was remove Ellie's quest from counting on the total quests and announced it's no longer available. You can still get the cyber doll by doing the 4th cyber quest

Corpser
03-23-2011, 02:09 AM
all they did was remove Ellie's quest from counting on the total quests and announced it's no longer available. You can still get the cyber doll by doing the 4th cyber quest

oh okay thx

Coltona
03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Thank GOD I bought four big lucks for my alts....Yay for being paranoid and greedy.....And double yay for the devs letting big luck still give luck.

HIP HIP YAY!

HIP HIP YAY! HIP HIP YAY!!

Major
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Devs, you are the best for keeping the big luck drops rate increase. THX

Coltona
03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Ikr??? Devs I now love you....Lol but I think, so far i've only used the hat on my bird and while in a single run it can say "Feelin Lucky" like 50 times (yes i've counted) it's only proced once and all I got was a Rageborn helm from the keeper. Now I know I haven't used it in the sewers yet or really anywhere but the keeper i have high expectations for it and it looks awesome with the little gold coin flying off of it and all.....Best Vanity Item Ever.

Quick Question: Will you guys do the same thing for each holiday every year or next year will it be like a lucky ring or something? I think it should a ring and a hat = twice the luck.

Ooooh ring idea "The Ring Of Midas"

Caption for ring "The Golden Touch?!?"

Lol just ran two miles and i'm hyper ...... think i'll watch a movie now.....Toodles.

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Good move devs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Advocate a little platinum purchase!

Uimacaz
03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Thank you for keeping Big Luck... I look forward to seeing what other limited time special items (and their bonuses) you come up with.

- Adam

shmoo
04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Sorry editing out, I noticed I posted on the wrong thread. >.<

Gomen!

azulflame
04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah I was gonna ask the same question. I want a sewer gooey wand and one of those sewer cover metal thingys that covr the sewer entrances on the streets (sorry I don't know the word English is not my first language, please help with this)

@ Kossi - bad kossi for not buying the had bad kossi. /jk but you should have bought it for the looks.

@ everyone else please don't make this into a flaming thread of hate pace and love everyone.

the English term is grate, as in rusty grate.