PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the oldies?

Potawto
03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
First we were many, now we are few. A few that are MIA would be tullen, flaimdude, flaimer, and many more. I miss always seeing their posts and it sucks seeing other oldies like lightninglord go as well.

Zeus
03-22-2011, 05:13 PM
First we were many, now we are few. A few that are MIA would be tullen, flaimdude, flaimer, and many more. I miss always seeing their posts and it sucks seeing other oldies like lightninglord go as well.

They are long gone :(. Flaimdude logs in every now and then. Tullen quit I believe, same goes for flaimer. KingRichie is on a short break after making his PL videos.

Arterra
03-22-2011, 05:15 PM
they died.
pffft

KingFu
03-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Many left. But I'm still here x)

icantgetkills
03-22-2011, 05:17 PM
im hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee :D
and raxie :,(

Wbto-Angeluscustos
03-22-2011, 05:21 PM
IM HERE! although i dont post much lmao

Klemen
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Could anyone define: oldie pls

Lol

Zeus
03-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Could anyone define: oldie pls

Lol

Usually somebody from the beginning of A02 or A01 is classified as an oldie now. The definition changes with time. The older the game gets, the more people are considered oldies.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
03-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Im from the beginng of the game lmao when the level cap was 25 :) hehe started the day it came out.. just happened to find it in app store durring one of my classes and got like 10 friends to join.. only one of them still plays with me.. but he not that much.. i still go on quite a lot though... i forgot we had an online forum though :) and PL deleted like over 200 of my posts for trolling :( stupid me

Klemen
03-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Usually somebody from the beginning of A02 or A01 is classified as an oldie now. The definition changes with time. The older the game gets, the more people are considered oldies.

Woot! xD that makes me an oldie lol

Zeus
03-22-2011, 05:33 PM

You played since the beginning of A02? Oo, never knew :D

RedRyder
03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
im an oldie :p lost expedition had JUST come out.

icantgetkills
03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
oldy is swamps IMO but im level 25-30 cap :D when bears could walk outside lost expidition

Survivorfan
03-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm an oldie to range then. I was here for the release of Swamps

oldy is swamps IMO but im level 25-30 cap :D when bears could walk outside lost expidition
Just saw this after i posted, right above me^^
We are the same level of oldie.
Oldie Buddy! lol

KingFu
03-22-2011, 05:53 PM

I still consider an oldie as someone who joined in April, and I am almost positive that's what he's referring to since anything passed that is some type of Gen.

Zeus
03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
I still consider an oldie as someone who joined in April, and I am almost positive that's what he's referring to since anything passed that is some type of Gen.

I'm a swamp gen then I guess :D.

EDIT: WAIT! Does it count if I had this app since the first day? I could even show you the purchase date to prove it :D

KingFu
03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm a swamp gen then I guess :D.

EDIT: WAIT! Does it count if I had this app since the first day? I could even show you the purchase date to prove it :D

Lol, half and half since you had the app but you weren't there:p

Zipponator
03-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Well i joined before the lv cap was 50 ( ign: Zipponator ) so i been playing for around 5-6 months. Idk if im an oldie but it feels like ages..... So lonely now though :(

KingFu
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Well i joined before the lv cap was 50 ( ign: Zipponator ) so i been playing for around 5-6 months. Idk if im an oldie but it feels like ages..... So lonely now though :(

Oldie is about 11 months ago:p

Zojak
03-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I first started playing near right after the game came out, but i just started on the forums and stayed to myself untill now :D

Conradin
03-22-2011, 06:05 PM
And oldie- second week baby

Survivorfan
03-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I got the app in the first week, but didn't bother opening it for a long time, towards the middle of the lost expedition era

ratava
03-23-2011, 06:37 AM
I joined near end of April and signed up to the forums just at the cusp of may. I'd known about pl for a while but was sceptical about it until I saw a great vid that got the maker a PL shield and then got pl straight-away.

The first person I bumped into was "Mysticaldream" in Towne...

Whatever happened to the legendary "TheLoneArcher"?

Conradin
03-23-2011, 07:36 AM
I love how everyone who wasn't here in the first week has suddenly bought the app I te first week. I downloaded on the 7th of April- but didn't open til 11.

noobmigo
03-23-2011, 07:46 AM
I OFFICIALLY started in June-ish, but I had another account, maybe, like, one month old, had a lvl 11 ench, but got bored, cuz didn't know anything about the game. Then I re-installed PL again, in June, when I saw a Youtube Vid.
So I think it's June for me, maybe late may....

StompArtist
03-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I am and shall remain a noob for life!

noobmigo
03-23-2011, 07:50 AM
I am and shall remain a noob for life!

Me too! Hence the name!!
*noob group hug*

Zeus
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
I'd say let's just show our purchase dates!

KingFu
03-23-2011, 08:33 AM
I'd say let's just show our purchase dates!

I've made so many the account details don't track back passed I thick May. Doesn't show my first plat purchase, shows an item or something.

noobmigo
03-23-2011, 08:37 AM
I've made so many the account details don't track back passed I thick May. Doesn't show my first plat purchase, shows an item or something.

I just realized that the 7th month is july, which means I officially joined in july, but bought the app in June. Which means I'm a noob. :)

BeardedBear
03-23-2011, 08:56 AM
I saw Haikus on recently. Sadly, most of my close PL friends rarely play anymore. Banned, KingRichie, Haikus, and a few more.

I think Renosis was my first PL friend. He popped on during AO3 with his lvl 35. He hadn't played in that long.

KingFu
03-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I saw Haikus on recently. Sadly, most of my close PL friends rarely play anymore. Banned, KingRichie, Haikus, and a few more.

I think Renosis was my first PL friend. He popped on during AO3 with his lvl 35. He hadn't played in that long.

Haikus still plays a bit, and I'm trying to get him on more. I've known him since fathom days, he's my oldest active friend:) Richie disappeared recently, and Banned, well, I'm not sure about him.

BeardedBear
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned stills plays here and there, just not as much. I'm still waiting on a 2v2 tourney so we can kill everyone.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
yeah going with what mystical said.. i thought oldie ment you joined like first month which i think was april if i remember correctly

KingFu
03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
yeah going with what mystical said.. i thought oldie ment you joined like first month which i think was april if i remember correctly

Mhm, game came out April third....day I started I believe ^_^

RedRyder
03-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Mhm, game came out April third....day I started I believe ^_^

im prettyyyyyy sure i was playing before that lol or maybe on my bday (apr 4th) honestly dont remember

KingFu
03-23-2011, 04:15 PM
im prettyyyyyy sure i was playing before that lol or maybe on my bday (apr 4th) honestly dont remember

Nope, I'm almost positive it's April third ^^

Potawto
03-23-2011, 04:18 PM

We should have you an early PL Bday party on the 3rd! During the alterran day if giving!

Wbto-Angeluscustos
03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
to agree with Mystical i only consider people oldies if they started the month the game came out

icantgetkills
03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
to agree with Mystical i only consider people oldies if they started the month the game came out

yer thats about right i joined when cap was 25 but didnt get there before they relesed fathorn crypt ^.^
i want PL client1.0 just to play for fun :D would be cool haha 25 cap ftw

Wbto-Angeluscustos
03-23-2011, 04:54 PM
yer thats about right i joined when cap was 25 but didnt get there before they relesed fathorn crypt ^.^
i want PL client1.0 just to play for fun :D would be cool haha 25 cap ftw

yeah just like MYSTICAl joined day 1 with like 10 friends.. and yeah that would be fun lmao when lvl 30 cap came out i was actually one of the first to reach it and when it stayed for a while i left.. i came back and lvl cap was 45 then i lvled and came back when lvl cap was 50 then left and now its 56 lmao.. i always have to play catch up now.. but i like actually love the 250 inventory spots.. and since there were two worlds back then i have 4 characters without buying the extra 2!!!! plus since 250 inventory spots.. i dont really need a stash.. just use one as a mule my lvl 50 is my mule right now my pure mage ... :( i(I DONT LIKE HIM)

icantgetkills
03-23-2011, 04:58 PM
yeah just like MYSTICAl joined day 1 with like 10 friends.. and yeah that would be fun lmao when lvl 30 cap came out i was actually one of the first to reach it and when it stayed for a while i left.. i came back and lvl cap was 45 then i lvled and came back when lvl cap was 50 then left and now its 56 lmao.. i always have to play catch up now.. but i like actually love the 250 inventory spots.. and since there were two worlds back then i have 4 characters without buying the extra 2!!!! plus since 250 inventory spots.. i dont really need a stash.. just use one as a mule my lvl 50 is my mule right now my pure mage ... :( i(I DONT LIKE HIM)

i no in sewers my bird bored my :,( so leveling mmy bear atm and i had 1-2 week breaks but not long ones and i think one day i got from 25-30 and was so happy! had rainbow robes and alert lightning bolt staff level 30 :D i had no idea back then just grinded levels and hoped for good loot!

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 05:09 PM
An oldie can also be defined by hours of gametime played and how hard they strive for knowledge. Someone who has played for a few months, but has hundreds of hours of time under his belt can be considered a oldie.

Its funny how we can tell the generations and types of players we recieve. Certainly, we are loosing more oldies then we are gaining, thanks to the mynas and powerlevel gen.... Next gen to come: Commercial gen ;)

Survivorfan
03-23-2011, 05:22 PM
An oldie can also be defined by hours of gametime played and how hard they strive for knowledge. Someone who has played for a few months, but has hundreds of hours of time under his belt can be considered a oldie.

Its funny how we can tell the generations and types of players we recieve. Certainly, we are loosing more oldies then we are gaining, thanks to the mynas and powerlevel gen.... Next gen to come: Commercial gen ;)
You have spoke the unspoken! C*mm*rc**l Gen shall be the worst of them all!

Rebel
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned still plays. You know that earthquake in Japan, Banned and I accidentally jumped and landed at the same time. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Anyway, I'm a fairly new player. I'll go check my purchase date.

j46g629h
03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
oldie doesn't have to be well known

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Or active, a player who comes online for 2 minutes after not playing for 7 months is still a oldie.

RedRyder
03-23-2011, 10:10 PM
i am completely OVERJOYED that Chesirepoet came back!!!!!!!!!! she has to be the only lv 35 mage with 20k+ kills :) she left when ao1 came out and shes backkkk

BeardedBear
03-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Game came out April 2nd btw. Not the 3rd.

Also, to be an "oldie" I think you have to be here at least for the Swamp cap. That's when the game graduated to needing skill and a good team to complete your mission, thus creating pro players.