PDA

View Full Version : app download for blackberry (torch)?

shadowmass
03-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Will there be an app for blackberry specifically the torch

skavenger216
03-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I would guess probably not. I could be wrong (definitely wouldn't be the first time lol), but unless there isn't much work in porting involved, I dont see it being worth it to them. Part of the reason the android port makes sense is because many manufacturers phones run on android, hence potential for a huge user base. Blackberry OS is used only on blackberry, and most blackberry owners use them for business (probably? It seems like the only ppl I see with blackberrys use them for that purpose, at least), leading me to believe that it just wouldn't bring enough new customers to the game.

This is just me speculating, don't take anything I said as fact :D.

KingFu
03-23-2011, 02:06 AM
I don't see it coming for blackberry since there's only 1 blackberry device that can use it (unless the playbook is out already?) but when the play book is released (if it hasn't been already) it is a possibility. I don't know which they'd wanna take on first, Palm, or blackberry. Palm isn't very popular, but since they got bought out (or merged?) with HP, they said they're planning something.

All in all, it's a possibility, but there hasn't been any talk of releasing PL for a new OS, but it is most deffinately possible.

minaraj
07-08-2011, 06:04 PM
hi, will the app be available for the blackberry playbook?

tx