PDA

View Full Version : Gear vs Skill

Twinisland
04-09-2015, 09:00 AM
I was just wondering if skill really matters over your not as geared in pvp like if I was full pink rouge vs mythic rouge. I also wonder if you could beat someone with paras I missed that event when I took a break from the game:/

GoodSyntax
04-09-2015, 09:04 AM
PVP:
Average player with pro gear > Pro player with average gear

PVE:
Average player with pro gear = Pro player with average gear

This wasn't always the case, but it is now, and has been that way for a few seasons.

Arachnophobik
04-09-2015, 10:10 AM
PVP:
Average player with pro gear >>>Pro player with average gear

Now thats better! Lol

The gap is too high. Basically the new *best gears* now are farmbale i.e. dark crystal armors/planar pendant but since the drop rates are low and to run these maps over and over to lpot these are quite costly, i consider this as above average gear. To me, average is still on myth armor/necroptic/icescales/ancient druids/sacred elons/wild talismans/magma/expeditions. Compare these with lvl41myth weap (or even lets say lvl 36)/imbued gear/planar pendant/arcane ring/arcane pets, no matter how skilled u are, ur pretty much doomed. Thats the reason why people usually leave a map (specially tdm) once an arcane ringer joins the opposite team (unlike lvl 36 cap where u actually stood a chance)

Litheus
04-09-2015, 01:03 PM
in twinking u can beat para users too true with malison and expedition bow(rogue) but now 10/10 para rogues

siddhant
04-09-2015, 04:33 PM
it is just gear now even twinking rouges run around with 1para 9eyes or 4para 6eyes and it is just way too much for any normal non para user at any lvl even the choice of gear matters i learnt a good example todae was vsing a lvl15 mage and he preety much defeated me in almost all vs and we had same stats and both were using exp gun so he better skills in vs than me then my friend told me to use mire musket and wew i preety much was winning it easy then again gear>skill

Alhuntrazeck
04-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Weeeell, some measure of skill is needed ofc. It's quite possible to kill the class who has an advantage over you in a 1v1 if they do not how to play their class. Obviously, this is much easier for a warrior (who fights a rogue) than for a mage (who fights a warrior).

SacredKnight
04-09-2015, 08:52 PM
PVP:

PVE:

This wasn't always the case, but it is now, and has been that way for a few seasons.

Totally agree here! However if you ask me this has really only been since Mythics/Arcanes were released, when locks became a huge element in the game. Before then it was easier to get better items. Now the margin between average and pro is huge, like 10000 platinum huge.

Kriticality
04-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Mythics are pretty much mandatory at end game PVP. It is important to practice with a team to stand a chance. There are some gear gaps you can close with skill. There are some you cannot. A mythic rogue including weapon, can be as effective as an imbued rogue with same weapon, ring, pendant. If you lack in all categories, it won't be nice. You can get away with not having the best of everything for sure, but not with having third best of everything or worse.

Wazakesy
04-09-2015, 10:08 PM
PVP:

PVE:

Earlier

PVE:

SKILLS ONLY

xnorwayx
04-10-2015, 01:13 AM
Come to lvl 31 :D in this lvl if u got good skills and good gear(myth amulet and ring, pink armor, devourer potency bow), u can easily beat rogue or mage with full myth set :) For me it's most balanced lvl for all classes :)

loldno
04-10-2015, 02:09 AM
Entering the para gave a strong boost to some players (which at this moment unreal reach due to the influx of absence inflow para)

bedmaster
04-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Skill can help u beat unskilled players with better gears by like 10-15 dmg, 100-200 hp (rogue) but if the diff is too far gear wins

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

bedmaster
04-10-2015, 02:56 AM
Come to lvl 31 :D in this lvl if u got good skills and good gear(myth amulet and ring, pink armor, devourer potency bow), u can easily beat rogue or mage with full myth set :) For me it's most balanced lvl for all classes :)
Yep. My bedmaster char got +200 k-d with less than 1m gears and yowie. But waiting for others to come is like zzzzzz so long u spend hours to find someone to kill, u kill em they leave unless its a guild clash.

xnorwayx
04-11-2015, 01:56 AM
Yep. My bedmaster char got +200 k-d with less than 1m gears and yowie. But waiting for others to come is like zzzzzz so long u spend hours to find someone to kill, u kill em they leave unless its a guild clash.

That's why I want more people to come :) more competition :) killing myth rogues with no skill isn't fun anymore)

bedmaster
04-11-2015, 04:24 AM
That's why I want more people to come :) more competition :) killing myth rogues with no skill isn't fun anymore)
Ok ill re-gear bedmaster when i got the money and vs u lol

Kingofninjas
04-11-2015, 03:36 PM
As an experiment, I asked a friend to give me a nekro shield, and vsed a rogue who had a full mythic set including bow and amulet while I use a lvl 36 devourer bow. Guess who won? Me. The reason was 100% nekro. I plan on trying this with a lvl 26 bow soon. I'll update the post with the results.

PvP ATM is like this. If you have nekro you are unbeatable by all non nekro users. If you don't have a full mythic set including amulet, maxed out players will farm you as if you are running around naked. The fact that sts does not test the new material themselves before releasing it is appalling.

Froxanthar
04-11-2015, 10:53 PM
PvP already broken. No matter how talented you're, you just wont be able to defeat those richies with average gears. Especially with OP pets and gears. The gap between rich and poor in PvP is too much.

Its true skills are important but most 70-80% of the fight youre depending on your items & pets.

Just hope that there's a PvP filter for us poor. ( Filter by gear rating, unable to access inventory in PVP )

Dracule
04-12-2015, 06:52 AM
skill is key but idk... i would say 60% skill vs 40% gear

epicrrr
04-12-2015, 09:01 AM
items > skills.

Dex Scene
04-12-2015, 03:36 PM
At endgame
60% gears
30% pets
9% internet speed
1% skill

Robhawk
04-13-2015, 04:21 AM
At endgame
60% gears
30% pets
9% internet speed
1% skill

Ha now thats a good summary! ;)

30/60 My gear is old (kersh, myth helm, myth armor, blood ruby, lunar), no arcane ring, no elon gun, no myth amulet, no imbued, no eye gems, 1 para gem...
20/30 My pets samael and singe - thats quite good ! But no SnS or Nekro...
2/9 My internet speed is terrible most of the time !
0,75/1 My skill is at least above average.

52,75 out of 100...

The worst thing for me by far is the bad connection. I cant fight warriors in 1on1`s most of the time. On my screen im out of their attack range on warriors device im within melee range -> lol.

Lets do the summary for seven:

60/60 He allways has the best of the best, maximum possible gear.
30/30 Well, see above...
8/9 Dont know exactly but it cant be that bad...
0,5/1 My Imho not much above avarage.

98,5 out 100... aaaahhhh !!! :hopelessness:

Dex Scene
04-13-2015, 04:43 AM
Ha now thats a good summary! ;)

30/60 My gear is old (kersh, myth helm, myth armor, blood ruby, lunar), no arcane ring, no elon gun, no myth amulet, no imbued, no eye gems, 1 para gem...
20/30 My pets samael and singe - thats quite good ! But no SnS or Nekro...
2/9 My internet speed is terrible most of the time !
0,75/1 My skill is at least above average.

52,75 out of 100...

The worst thing for me by far is the bad connection. I cant fight warriors in 1on1`s most of the time. On my screen im out of their attack range on warriors device im within melee range -> lol.

Lets do the summary for seven:

60/60 He allways has the best of the best, maximum possible gear.
30/30 Well, see above...
8/9 Dont know exactly but it cant be that bad...
0,5/1 My Imho not much above avarage.

98,5 out 100... aaaahhhh !!! :hopelessness:

Lmao !!!!
52.75 vs 98.5 haha

nevercan
04-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Weeeell, some measure of skill is needed ofc. It's quite possible to kill the class who has an advantage over you in a 1v1 if they do not how to play their class. Obviously, this is much easier for a warrior (who fights a rogue) than for a mage (who fights a warrior).a advantige if an oponment has its fun but if u get 1 hit by arcane rouge with 1600armor and 3500hp its just not fair.

nevercan
04-13-2015, 06:44 AM
At endgame
60% gears
30% pets
9% internet speed
1% skill
Lets so
5/60 gear (or les)
5/30 pets (probebly les
3/9 maybe even wurse
0.60/1 skil i geus (hope)
That makes me 13,6 of 100 -.-

Dex Scene
04-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Lets so
5/60 gear (or les)
5/30 pets (probebly les
3/9 maybe even wurse
0.60/1 skil i geus (hope)
That makes me 13,6 of 100 -.-
Lmao!!
My rating:

Gear- 2 para, 3 eyes, 2 grand dex gem, rest Grand/normal Tarlok gems.
Expe bru, mythic helm n armor, para and 2 grand dex mythic blood ruby ring, para eye gemmed eerie pot amu.
So I get
20/60

Pet: Grim, Blinky, Dova, Breeze, Slag
So rate here will be 14/30

Internet/ping: Internet is fine. Ping is worst.
I lag,
trulle, enemie Lag,
I RATE 1.25/9 here.

Skill?
.75/1here maybe?

Total 36/100

Oh my!! I ssuxxx

nevercan
04-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Lmao!!
My rating:

Gear- 2 para, 3 eyes, 2 grand dex gem, rest Grand/normal Tarlok gems.
Expe bru, mythic helm n armor, para and 2 grand dex mythic blood ruby ring, para eye gemmed eerie pot amu.
So I get
20/60

Pet: Grim, Blinky, Dova, Breeze, Slag
So rate here will be 14/30

Internet/ping: Internet is fine. Ping is worst.
I lag,
trulle, enemie Lag,
I RATE 1.25/9 here.

Skill?
.25/1here maybe?

Total 35.5/100

Oh my!! I ssuxxx ive corrected it this is better

Dex Scene
04-13-2015, 08:26 AM
ive corrected it this is better
Meanie!!" I have skills :'(

raw
04-13-2015, 11:23 AM
PVP:

PVE:

PvP: Like Kali said above, the gap between gear and skill in pvp is astonishing. I've been pvping since S2, and I've seen gear increasingly play a larger and larger role. I recall the days of PvP before Samael when the best pet was (arguably) Malison, and the "best" players were those who had skill. Today, the "best" players are those who have rings, imbued, nekro/sns. There is no competition. I was in PvP the other day and i went head to head with a fully mythic nekro rogue. I unleashed a charged aim - nox - pierce combo (which usually does around 5k+ damage), and followed up with another aim - nox - pierce combo and I still couldn't break his nekro shield. That's just beyond ridiculous... No amount of skill can compare.

So as stated previously by someone above me I'd like to amend Kali's statement by saying:

Average player with pro gear >>>>>>> Pro player with average gear

PvE: In general I agree with Kali. However I must point out that when timed runs come into play, gear (and more specifically pets) play a large role. With the injection of SnS into AL comes the ability to resummon (see Zeus' video...) and stack all the SNS pools causing significant damage. As a result nearly every single timed record (not considering lower elite maps like Brackenridge, and Ydra) have SnS. Like Bellaeda mentioned in her thread, this pet has single-handedly decimated timed running and allowed gear once again to reign over skill.

Anyway, I don't want to make this too long, but the discussion stems from a single fact. Arcane Legends has focused its attention on creating gear for the top 1% while neglecting its average player. As a result, the top percentage of players become increasingly strong (with gear) while the average player gets left out in both PvP and (sometimes) in PvE.

the cute angel
04-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah I agree with all the statements. .

GoodSyntax
04-13-2015, 12:13 PM
PvP: Like Kali said above, the gap between gear and skill in pvp is astonishing. I've been pvping since S2, and I've seen gear increasingly play a larger and larger role. I recall the days of PvP before Samael when the best pet was (arguably) Malison, and the "best" players were those who had skill. Today, the "best" players are those who have rings, imbued, nekro/sns. There is no competition. I was in PvP the other day and i went head to head with a fully mythic nekro rogue. I unleashed a charged aim - nox - pierce combo (which usually does around 5k+ damage), and followed up with another aim - nox - pierce combo and I still couldn't break his nekro shield. That's just beyond ridiculous... No amount of skill can compare.

So as stated previously by someone above me I'd like to amend Kali's statement by saying:

Average player with pro gear >>>>>>> Pro player with average gear

PvE: In general I agree with Kali. However I must point out that when timed runs come into play, gear (and more specifically pets) play a large role. With the injection of SnS into AL comes the ability to resummon (see Zeus' video...) and stack all the SNS pools causing significant damage. As a result nearly every single timed record (not considering lower elite maps like Brackenridge, and Ydra) have SnS. Like Bellaeda mentioned in her thread, this pet has single-handedly decimated timed running and allowed gear once again to reign over skill.

Anyway, I don't want to make this too long, but the discussion stems from a single fact. Arcane Legends has focused its attention on creating gear for the top 1% while neglecting its average player. As a result, the top percentage of players become increasingly strong (with gear) while the average player gets left out in both PvP and (sometimes) in PvE.

Ultimately, this disparity goes hand-in-hand with the inability to make any reasonable income through farming alone. Without good, desirable gear in elites, there is no way to make any substantial money. So without a means to bank gold in any volume, players will not be able to get to that next tier.

So, as it stands now, you have your Mythic weaponry compared to the inferior Planar weapons or Crate weapons. Event armor is, at best, more about survivability (Druid, Necroptic, Spirit, Icescale, etc.) in comparison to Mythic and Imbued. Archons (while great) cannot compare to Blood Ruby/Arcane Ring. Tarlok/Wilds/Eerie are probably closer in comparison to Planar Amulet than any of the other item types, and even they pale in comparison to the mythic counterpart.

Point of the story is that if we have something to farm that puts mainstream players closer to the top players in terms of stats, then we all have something to farm, a means to make money, and a path forward to buying those Mythic/Arcane items that we would all like to achieve.

sapdcroi
04-13-2015, 10:01 PM
i think both lol