PDA

View Full Version : Blackstar and overuse of one class

icantgetkills
03-23-2011, 05:11 PM
hay everyone i was looking at the blackstar classes and i think it will be overun by commandos theyre just so buff and big with heavy weapons that will be the class to choose i may go operative just to be unique ;D
and i may go for thecharacter that will look the best gear wise but it will be ineresting how they mix up the armour helm and weapon looks and models

your opinions?

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 05:15 PM
What game doesn't have this? Here, birds/mages easily. WoW - Dark Elves, RF Online - The dominant tanks if you take the time to level them, TOP - Theif, Runescape - Warriors.

People wont all be using commandos if they are like bears. Besides, it sounds like Blackstar will have a cooperative story mode, requiring all classes to achieve certain things. Such as commando can clear rubble blocking a teams pathway, ranger can blast a control panel that is out of reach, and a engineer can open locked doors. Have plenty of this in a dungeon, and all classes will even out.

icantgetkills
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
What game doesn't have this? Here, birds/mages easily. WoW - Dark Elves, RF Online - The dominant tanks if you take the time to level them, TOP - Theif, Runescape - Warriors.

People wont all be using commandos if they are like bears. Besides, it sounds like Blackstar will have a cooperative story mode, requiring all classes to achieve certain things. Such as commando can clear rubble blocking a teams pathway, ranger can blast a control panel that is out of reach, and a engineer can open locked doors. Have plenty of this in a dungeon, and all classes will even out.

yer i went dark elf in wow as well :D
then i quit so life consuming and if all classes in required i guess that will make sence i guess as time goes by it will be good i just cant wait to see the gear :D

I LOVE SCI-FI ... alien < best movie serious ever

Lesrider
03-23-2011, 05:25 PM

That sounds cool. I like that idea.
I did notice the articles stated it will require more strategy than PL, so looking forward to that (even if I'm more of a fantasy fan than sci-fi).

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 05:34 PM
It reminds me A LOT of Dead Space. Sounds like its gonna be like on some planet or spaceship that is broken, and it is up to us to venture through and fit it. Then the deeper into the ship we get, the cooler the dungeons get and harder the enemies get (quests and new dungeons :D)

Echelong
03-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe Commando will be the second class I will level. First will be the operative (healer at heart) then I will check out the other classes and see which one I level up next.

Rebel
03-23-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm going hybrid. Probably the engineer/operative. Or the other way around. I agree that Commandos are going to be VERY overused. I mean, the game is probably going to played by mainly males aged 10-14. And what kind of boy wouldn't choose the big buff guy with some massive guns. It will even out eventually. By the way, Phar, nice idea on how to even out the classes.

icantgetkills
03-23-2011, 06:59 PM
That sounds cool. I like that idea.
I did notice the articles stated it will require more strategy than PL, so looking forward to that (even if I'm more of a fantasy fan than sci-fi).

yer i have only ever played fantasy mmo like runescape etc but i love sci-fi like alien halo etc so a sci-fi mmo could be the perfect combo im looking for :D

icantgetkills
03-23-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm going hybrid. Probably the engineer/operative. Or the other way around. I agree that Commandos are going to be VERY overused. I mean, the game is probably going to played by mainly males aged 10-14. And what kind of boy wouldn't choose the big buff guy with some massive guns. It will even out eventually. By the way, Phar, nice idea on how to even out the classes.

thats what i mean 10-14 year olds buff guy with guns -__- but i will play operative first maybe.. or engineer depends what class is the best :D

Frenzyn
03-23-2011, 07:55 PM
To be honest, i think he might be the worst character for many different reasons.

Choicemaker
03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
trust me if they are so overpowered ST would nerf them
Maplestory Example: Bishops were the most over used because of fast leveling, genesis, pretty much overpowered if thye had good quips. If these commandos are such "OP" they will be nerfed down, but the bad thing is the community will turn to the next OP class so if you started with an operative they might jump onto that bandwagon

icantgetkills
03-23-2011, 09:43 PM
trust me if they are so overpowered ST would nerf them
Maplestory Example: Bishops were the most over used because of fast leveling, genesis, pretty much overpowered if thye had good quips. If these commandos are such "OP" they will be nerfed down, but the bad thing is the community will turn to the next OP class so if you started with an operative they might jump onto that bandwagon

its not so much the overpowering of the class its how many people with use that class

ratava
03-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Depends on who has the cooler spaceship.... !?

Necrobane
03-24-2011, 02:17 AM
wtf lo, with "dark elf" It's nightelf, also its not a class, its a race so it can be a mage if the user chooses too. Anyways i reckon there will be loads of engineers personaly. I mean, PL has tanks with big weps, the damage is simply cut down.

icantgetkills
03-24-2011, 05:04 AM
wtf lo, with "dark elf" It's nightelf, also its not a class, its a race so it can be a mage if the user chooses too. Anyways i reckon there will be loads of engineers personaly. I mean, PL has tanks with big weps, the damage is simply cut down.

ehh i thought of all the little kids wanting giant buff guys with guns O.O

Arterra
03-24-2011, 06:22 AM
all i know is that if the game allows it, i will most likely go engineer with commando build i cant exactly tell which one of the two is closest to being mage-like, i thing the engineer, so pally for me it is lol

for all the little kids, commando sounds like a choice. for all the older people, they might go for a sniping/fast person like operative.