PDA

View Full Version : PL hack help?!?!?!!

Dalonewolf
03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Alright im lvling minding my own business in bandit boy hideout when i suddenly get disconnected.. I try to connect again but my password is now incorrect. I check my email and someone has clicked forgot password 20 times??? I then go on after changing my password and some of my items are gone. All my stuff is unequipped and i have no idea why when i was just leveling. I then changed the original email to my alt email and i hope this doesnt happen again. Someone knows my email and is basically pressing forgot password to disonnect Me from the server and someone got the password and logged into my account?? I now am missing some pinks from my set. I think everything would of been gone if i didnt log back in with the changed password. So please sts please explain to me what happened even though no one Knows my password to anything or even my Email on this game. I keep all my information private but i don't understand how someone got into my account please help and i suffered a big loss in items. I love this game but i dont want to end my career from being hacked. If there is any way to prevent this please help

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Send an email to support(at)spacetimestudios.com and explain this to them, they would be able to help more there.

As far as I'm concerned, someone got hold of your email and email password.

Dalonewolf
03-23-2011, 10:58 PM
How does that happen i dont talk about those things at all

Physiologic
03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Did you register your e-mail address anywhere else recently on the computer?

Dalonewolf
03-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Nope not at all havent registered email for months.

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Did you register your e-mail address anywhere else recently on the computer?

Same thought.

I'm even curious if STS can make us use a separate user name to log-in with, and not our email address.

Dalonewolf
03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
This is crazy, good thing i didnt lose my whole fortified set omg did lose helm tho, i was somewhat smart enough to change emails though. I hope this doesnt happen to anyone else!

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Are you by chance jailbroken? Jailbreaking your ipod makes you a easy target to hack.

Physiologic
03-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Just e-mail them with the link that Ellyidol has provided. They won't be able to publicly answer your question here.

Dalonewolf
03-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Nope perfectly regular ipod 2g never jailbroken

Pharcyde
03-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Nope perfectly regular ipod 2g never jailbroken

Yeah, you wont get any dev support in this thread.

You gotta email support@spacetimestudios.com to get support for major issues like this.

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Phar, Phys,

Would you know if its possible for STS to make us make separate usernames other than our email addresses?

I've registered for different PL related stuff (won't say here for security reasons) under the same email address. Not saying that it will make me a target or anything, and they have to go through my password, but its out there. =/

Dalonewolf
03-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Alright i sent email thanks for help guys i appreciate it

Physiologic
03-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Phar, Phys,

Would you know if its possible for STS to make us make separate usernames other than our email addresses?

I've registered for different PL related stuff (won't say here for security reasons) under the same email address. Not saying that it will make me a target or anything, and they have to go through my password, but its out there. =/

You're talking about registering a new e-mail for an existing PL account? Might have to e-mail support on that one as well. And basically the worst e-mail provider to use is hotmail, which have had repeated database breaches in the past 5 years. If you have gmail you should be relatively safe aside from a vulnerable XSS exploit but you have to be really, really absent-minded to get hacked that way.

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 11:18 PM
You're talking about registering a new e-mail for an existing PL account? Might have to e-mail support on that one as well. And basically the worst e-mail provider to use is hotmail, which have had repeated database breaches in the past 5 years. If you have gmail you should be relatively safe aside from a vulnerable XSS exploit but you have to be really, really absent-minded to get hacked that way.

No no, right now we use email addresses to log-in with right? What if we use a username (we generate) and a password. That email we use to register is only for validation, contacting support, etc.

Much like how forums go actually. An email that you register with, but a username/password that you give. That way, even if people know your email address, they still wouldn't have an idea what your username/password would be.

I could be very wrong, have no idea on this sort of stuff, just a thought :D

Zeus
03-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Something like this happened to me too a few days ago. My remembered password suddenly wasn't working. I also tried and entering in VERY carefully, the password again, to no avail. Not sure what it was, but it got fixed.

Dalonewolf
03-23-2011, 11:24 PM
There are about twenty forgot password requests in my email all in ten minute frames and i wasnt even on at the time

Plasticuproject
03-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Deja-vu...

RedRyder
03-24-2011, 12:04 AM
wow this is insane.... im going to change my email for PL now..

Zeus
03-24-2011, 12:06 AM
wow this is insane.... im going to change my email for PL now..

You better. I had a close call as well :D.

RedRyder
03-24-2011, 12:09 AM
You better. I had a close call as well :D.

for sureee. especially with the gold im raking up with my drawing requests :D

Zeus
03-24-2011, 12:10 AM
for sureee. especially with the gold im raking up with my drawing requests :D

Yea, the first thing I thought when I couldn't log on was not about my gold or gear. Or even my characters. I was like, "OMG! MY PL SHIELD!"
""

Plasticuproject
03-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Are you on Palringo? Do you guys think maybe it has something to do with that? People using the same E-mail and passwords as PL?

KaotiicxDream
03-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Are you on Palringo? Do you guys think maybe it has something to do with that? People using the same E-mail and passwords as PL?

Good question... I'm not using Palringo ..

Greyhorse
03-24-2011, 12:42 AM
And now I'm starting to worry about my little run-in the other night all over again. I know my password is strong, but .... what the OP is telling us is scary. :eek:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21932-Someone-threatened-to-hack-me-if-I-didn-t-give-him-20000-g

KingFu
03-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Also, be careful what guilds you join. If the guild has a forum and you use the same email and password, any admins (and possibly mods) can usually grab a hold of them depending on what forum it is. Like my old guild site, I was an admin on them both, one only showed me their email, the other showed me their password wnd email.

Anyways, do what ellyidol said, email support and they'll discuss this matter with you there.

Lesrider
03-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Yea, the first thing I thought when I couldn't log on was not about my gold or gear. Or even my characters. I was like, "OMG! MY PL SHIELD!"
""

It's not tradable, so how would they get your shield onto their toon? And even if they could, wouldn't it make it much easier to track them down? ;)

Corpser
03-24-2011, 02:27 AM
omg hat if this happens while your offline oh god now im scared

icantgetkills
03-24-2011, 05:02 AM
someone hacked my email address i didnt get my items back :,( just some of the gold i lost and vanitys/accounts etc
but the person who used my email address got device banned so he could never play PL on that device again :)

Frenzyn
03-24-2011, 05:46 AM
By all means, There is no such thing as hacking. Hacking doesn't work the way you think it does, its not where
someone can magically obtain someones password by breaking into a system. WRONG.
hacking is where people keylogg you for information, which cannot be done on an iphone, it can also
be done by ratting a computer, which can also not be done on an iphone, it can be leeching, but only on computer.
I've never heard of anyone that can hack an iphone, and certainly none that can hack PL, i'm really sorry to say this
but the magically exsistance of "hacking" you think in your head is 100% incorrect, no one can do that, much less on the iphone.
the only one who could get on your account and trade it all to someone else is:

-Someone who guessed your password/YOU GAVE THEM IT

I honestly think you either took a really easy password or you gave them it.
It's ok if you did, you broke a rule in doing so, but now you learned a lesson why never to do that.
If someone guessed your password, Then i'm really sorry bro.

I bet if you asked the developers, they could see which other IP addresses/devices have been on your account.
This would give them a question as to who did it and stop them.
But this is not the best route to go on, because if this dishes out and they ban him, you could be in serious legal trouble
and get a permadent ban if you trick them

Thanks!

jaggedlilpill
03-24-2011, 06:06 AM
I didn't know this kind of stuff happened here...I would guess keylogged or cookie grabbed. Be careful of what kind of pages you visit online.

Arterra
03-24-2011, 06:28 AM
lets hope the person that the items where given to at this time is monitored and banned perm.

StompArtist
03-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Someone got into your email and sent the forgotten password to gain access to your account. Change your email password not just your PL password.

Moogerfooger
03-24-2011, 07:19 AM
By all means, There is no such thing as hacking. Hacking doesn't work the way you think it does, its not where
someone can magically obtain someones password by breaking into a system. WRONG.
hacking is where people keylogg you for information, which cannot be done on an iphone, it can also
be done by ratting a computer, which can also not be done on an iphone, it can be leeching, but only on computer.
I've never heard of anyone that can hack an iphone, and certainly none that can hack PL, i'm really sorry to say this
but the magically exsistance of "hacking" you think in your head is 100% incorrect, no one can do that, much less on the iphone.
the only one who could get on your account and trade it all to someone else is:

-Someone who guessed your password/YOU GAVE THEM IT

I honestly think you either took a really easy password or you gave them it.
It's ok if you did, you broke a rule in doing so, but now you learned a lesson why never to do that.
If someone guessed your password, Then i'm really sorry bro.

I bet if you asked the developers, they could see which other IP addresses/devices have been on your account.
This would give them a question as to who did it and stop them.
But this is not the best route to go on, because if this dishes out and they ban him, you could be in serious legal trouble
and get a permadent ban if you trick them

Thanks!

IPhones can be hacked, especially jailbroken ones. Just last fall there was a major exploit on using hidden code in a PDF display function that allowed people to gain access to the root files on jailbroken iPhones. I have also read of unjailbroken iPhones hacked. The rest of your post may be correct, but before you go around stating "iPhones can't get hacked" you might want to get your facts straight.

noneo
03-24-2011, 07:24 AM
IPhones can be hacked, especially jailbroken ones. Just last fall there was a major exploit on using hidden code in a PDF display function that allowed people to gain access to the root files on the iPhone. I have also read of unjailbroken iphones hacked. The rest of your post may be correct, but before you go around stating "iPhones can't get hacked" you might want to get your facts straight.

Also, Android just had a bunch of apps get sent out that contained Malware. Definitely something that could steal your email/pass.

I would recommend researching the malicious apps for android/apple, and compare to what you have installed. May want to Reformat your phone just to be safe.

StompArtist
03-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Also, Android just had a bunch of apps get sent out that contained Malware. Definitely something that could steal your email/pass.

I would recommend researching the malicious apps for android/apple, and compare to what you have installed. May want to Reformat your phone just to be safe.

The thing is if the person went into a PL account it is not some larger scale operations looking for credit card infos and such. It is another player that got hold of your email and figured out the password. Hackers who write malicious apps and flood the android market to gather folks information do not do it to steal gold in PL.

Justg
03-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Don;t give your email or passwords to anyone, ever. And please handle this through support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

*click*