PDA

View Full Version : Repawning on the Death Spot without a Revive Spell???

Flazedge
03-23-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't really use this account that much, but what I saw today was a mindblower.

Today while I was on my daily bandit slaughter fest,this happened. It was a warrior, I don't renember the warrior, but he died, and respawned not at the entrance, but on that exact spot. Is this normal? There were no mages at the time, there was no revive, just respawn. The person waited half a minute to do this. Do you know something about this, devs? :confused:

Setting:Balefort Sewers
Specific: The Catacombs

Ellyidol
03-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Did it just looked like his character went from "dead" (lying down) to "alive" (standing back up)?

It could be that he left the game. If you leave the game while "dead", your character looks like it stands back up again - as if reviving.

Saying that he waited half a minute to do this also makes it more likely, meaning he lagged out and disconnected.

Possible? :)

skavenger216
03-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Im gonna have to agree with elly here, sounds like the person quit or lagged out.

KingFu
03-24-2011, 03:25 AM
Is it a possibility he lagged, got disconnected, and spawned alive in the spot he died at? In pvp, at times, if you get disconnected, you leave and rejoin, but when you rejoin you respawn at the spot you were dead at. Could be the matter here.

Frenzyn
03-24-2011, 05:53 AM
I don't really use this account that much, but what I saw today was a mindblower.

Today while I was on my daily bandit slaughter fest,this happened. It was a warrior, I don't renember the warrior, but he died, and respawned not at the entrance, but on that exact spot. Is this normal? There were no mages at the time, there was no revive, just respawn. The person waited half a minute to do this. Do you know something about this, devs? :confused:

Setting:Balefort Sewers
Specific: The Catacombs

I'm not joking, i swear to god the same thing happened to me in AO2 about a week ago.
But i tried to do it again, and it didn't work. Thanks for confirming my hunch was right.
i think i might have clicked a spell tho or something, because i died and i like went on the computer for
20 seconds, bumped my hand on my iphone and i was re spawned wherever i was.
It was kinda creepy, but i thought i was hallucinating or something.

Riccits
03-24-2011, 06:06 AM
what u mean with "daily bandit slaughter fest"?
when he entered daily quest and come back through the portal, he will always respawn near the portal.

Thedexeagle
03-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Never seen that before...