PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Spam Bomb in the forums

Waug
04-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Somebody kept coming after each ban and kept spamming the forums, with love solution or whatever it is or even the purpose behind it maybe rage against sts after getting banned in game or whatever the reason is. It's really awkward. I was wondering if sts don't ban his IP address or not, maybe he's using different IP too but there should be some spam detection or anti spam system in this forums like other forums.

If somebody try to creat more than one thread within 5-10 mins, the thread will go 'under approval' so the next thread(s) will go live after moderatior's approval. Same goes for posts, each post interval should be 1-3mins, if someone try to post more than 3-4 post, his next posts will go under moderators approval etc.

Or even going more strict every new member's post should go live after moderator's approval only, until he's post count reaches 10-20.

These are the common techniques that big forums follows to control spam, so hoping it don't get worse.

Vystirch
04-10-2015, 09:16 AM
I dont see STG having the resources to approve threads as they are posted. But a simple 10-20min interval between threads would definitly help. Personally I'd be fine with somewhere between 30min to an hour, there has never been a time where I have posted more threads in such close intervals to each other that this would bother me.

Also don't worry about the spambot being from your country, it Rly mean nothing and has no bearing.
This post should also be moved to the appropriate board by a mod.

-Vys

Schnitzel
04-10-2015, 04:37 PM
What if after, say 3 threads (I picked 3 because I don't post more than 2 threads a day), in order to post another one, the poster must answer a CAPTCHA correctly

Vystirch
04-10-2015, 06:01 PM
That is also a great idea. Either way, there are potential preventative measures that could be explored/implemented.

-Vys

Itoopeo
04-11-2015, 05:32 PM
I feel bad for the spammer like that kind of advertising... Its soo lame and dumb i dont understand. No brains negative IQ and so on.
Thats one reason i took a little break from forums. Hoped sts could start to do something to remove those.
Or start to balance the oldest games PvP:s but thats too much asked i quess.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Waug
04-12-2015, 10:19 AM
What if after, say 3 threads (I picked 3 because I don't post more than 2 threads a day), in order to post another one, the poster must answer a CAPTCHA correctly

captcha is for bots, but I dont think recent spam was by bot rather it was manual. for these type of spam I think moderators approval until reaching 10 posts would be best.

131516cruz
04-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice
[emoji51] nice

Cool

Waug
04-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Nice
[emoji51] nice

Cool

u probably, made an acc to reply on it, im honored

Dragoonclaws
04-13-2015, 11:36 PM
This spambot has been attacking the other Legends' forums since long time ago. Many suggestions were given. STS have done something with it but it doesn't seem to stop that spammer.

The best thing you can do is hit the red button /!\ and type: SPAMBOT ALERT.

Have a good one guys

Waug
04-14-2015, 01:41 AM
This spambot has been attacking the other Legends' forums since long time ago. Many suggestions were given. STS have done something with it but it doesn't seem to stop that spammer.

Have a good one guys

Ya it kept spamming other forums too, that why I said "forums"

This is not a 'bot' most probably it's a human spammer who kept spamming manually, what just reporting is not solution against this kinda spamming, sts have to take some precautions like I mentioned.

nevercan
04-14-2015, 04:27 AM

Have a good one guysim to lazy to click that button 10-20times a week and explane why -.

Itoopeo
04-15-2015, 05:41 AM
im to lazy to click that button 10-20times a week and explane why -.

Well i dont do that because i know there are people like you who do it so i dont have to ^_^

Schnitzel
04-15-2015, 10:27 PM
im to lazy to click that button 10-20times a week and explane why -.

I just report it once, mods banhammer that spammer (hey! that rhymes!)

Zylx
04-23-2015, 05:00 PM

But the only problem with that would be integrating it into Tapatalk or the Mobile Community App.

And personally, I am getting frustrated when I have to wait 2mins to post to a new thread. I believe that time req should apply to the same thread.

Itoopeo
04-24-2015, 07:05 AM
But the only problem with that would be integrating it into Tapatalk or the Mobile Community App.

And personally, I am getting frustrated when I have to wait 2mins to post to a new thread. I believe that time req should apply to the same thread.

Agreed with that.
Pff... Waiting 46 seconds again.....
Boo
Hate this poor system sts made up.