PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cave Gear

jaggedlilpill
03-24-2011, 05:56 AM
I was wondering, will shadow cave gear drop in price or rise eventually? I am contemplating selling my death and shadow set to afford mega mage set. I'm torn. When the cap raises again, wont the sets continue to decrease in price? Thanks.

Ellyidol
03-24-2011, 05:58 AM
The only way I see them going is down.

Set bonuses are out already, Mystery sets are out already, and I don't think there's more you can add to the Shadow Sets.

jaggedlilpill
03-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Thanks Elly, that was my thinking as well.

Ellyidol
03-24-2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks Elly, that was my thinking as well.

No problem :)

Could be wrong, but that's just what I think.

drewcapu
03-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Out of all the shadow gear, Sentinel is the one that I've used the longest. I still use it a lot on my L55 bird. If I'm in a good group, I'll switch to RR Talon set. I still need to give Auto XBow a full test drive since I recently looted one of those too. The other sets got replaced by L51/53 greens and purples.

When it comes to CS, always consider supply and demand.

Relatively speaking, not a lot of people run caves and are successful. Even fewer get decent drops.

I'm willing to bet that the cave gear that is out there is still about 90% from pre-nerf Shadow Caves.

I personally don't bother buying sewer pinks. Way overpriced for my purposes. You can be successful in Sewer with L50 gear, if you know what you're doing.

mugen
03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Out of all the shadow gear, Sentinel is the one that I've used the longest.

When it comes to CS, always consider supply and demand.

Relatively speaking, not a lot of people run caves and are successful. Even fewer get decent drops.

I'm willing to bet that the cave gear that is out there is still about 90% from pre-nerf Shadow Caves.

I personally don't bother buying sewer pinks. Way overpriced for my purposes. You can be successful in Sewer with L50 gear, if you know what you're doing.

My sentiments exactly. I love my cave gear (have all 3 full sets looted before nerf) and will probably never sell.

KingFu
03-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I sold all my cave sets to give my friends 250K each for Christmas. I really liked having death, but it is too pricey to keep IMO. Would just be hoarding since I wouldn't use much, just like the look a lot. It could go either way in prices though, it could go down due to no need and little demand (normal AO3 gear being much cheaper, 50 not being cap, and BS having scaled loot giving the oppritunity for lv 51 gear) but could raise due to tough rates and little farming.

jaggedlilpill
03-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah I'm having a hard time forking out 2 mil gold for the mega mage set....that seems pointless when I do just fine in my greens...

Mothwing
03-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Can i buy shadow set? Lol

Ayrilana
03-28-2011, 12:41 AM
I don't see shadow gear going up in price since the oranges and green from BS are much better if you know how to mix and match them correctly. I've seen a lot of people use their mystery sets since those are fairly easy and quick to get.

Pandamoni
03-28-2011, 12:48 AM
I am hanging on to my shadow set. Probably out of sentimentality but I just can't seem to let it got, lol.

I didn't swtch to the sewer gear until I hit 55 and I'll still switch to my shadow stuff sometimes just because i like the way I play in it. I agree with drew, though, that most of it is from prenerf days so I don't see it getting terribly low in price due to the market being glutted. I don't really think it will shoot up in price, either, but I'e been wrong more than once in this life, lol.