PDA

View Full Version : Changing Threat Levels

CanonicalKoi
03-24-2011, 08:35 PM
I was playing my "Immortal" bird today and noticed something weird. I was playing in Lost Expo and the threat level on everything was yellow. Fine. Most of the way thru the level, the threat indicator turned red. In a later game, the threats started yellow, but went to white. I hadn't leveled up, but figured hey, maybe halfway to the next level it does that. Went to the next stage and all the threats were yellow again--what gives? And is that shifting back and forth just a color glitch or is it actually affecting the amount of XP I'm getting?

I did take screen shots. I need to rotate them so no one gets a sprained neck trying to look at them and will post them later.

Pharcyde
03-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Threat level drops gradually as you clear a dungeon. Usually you have to be a certain level for the drop to be enough to go down to white. This system is a good way to prevent low level rare item rushing. Drop levels are also dependent on threat level, a team has to clear a majority of the map to get a lower then normal item.

CanonicalKoi
03-24-2011, 08:42 PM
And that would make perfect sense. But in the first instance, the threat level actually increased--went from yellow to red.

Pharcyde
03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Also a common occurrace, sometimes dungeons have short strips of increased difficulty. This can easily be seen on a level 10 in dark forest (yellow,red,yellow,red,white) on some of the maps.

Lizardfeather
03-24-2011, 08:46 PM
And that would make perfect sense. But in the first instance, the threat level actually increased--went from yellow to red.

Maybe it was a higher level enemy? I think they vary, like melee to ranged to magic, or big mobs to smaller mobs, etc. Pretty sure they're not all the same level :)